Flood Control.

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Flood control is currently set to 60 seconds, could it be turned off? I touch-type, and using Firefox to have multiple tabs open, I often post a reply, switch tabs, type my response in less than 60 seconds, and get stopped by flood control. D:

Post ranking system - this will attract users and want them to get more envolved.

@bass_forte: I changed the time to 30 seconds.

@Kakusu: If you want to come out with an outline for it, I'll do it. Too busy right now with school work.

WPM: I spent about 5mins thinking up a post ranking system. It goes something like this...

Poké-n00b – 0
Trainee - 1-50
Junior Trainer - 51-150
Intermediate Trainer - 151-300
Advanced Trainer - 301-550
Gym Leader - 551-750
Elite 4 Member - 751-1000
Regional Champion - 1001-1500
World Champion - 1501- 2500
Professor - 2501-3500
Pokémon Master - 3501+

What does everyone think? Are the gaps wide enough between ranks or do they need to be extended more?

RE:  Flood Control.

Abhorsen said:
WPM: I spent about 5mins thinking up a post ranking system. It goes something like this...

Poké-n00b – 0
Trainee - 1-50
Junior Trainer - 51-150
Intermediate Trainer - 151-300
Advanced Trainer - 301-550
Gym Leader - 551-750
Elite 4 Member - 751-1000
Regional Champion - 1001-1500
World Champion - 1501- 2500
Professor - 2501-3500
Pokémon Master - 3501+

What does everyone think? Are the gaps wide enough between ranks or do they need to be extended more?

I'm not personally a fan of the Ranking system - we tried it once on one of the UK forums, and it left it much open to spamming just to attain the level of "Super-n00b 5000" or whatever it was.

I'm all in favor of allowing the ranking of professor for professors, likewise all in favor of giving the World Champion (should they join this forum - Maron, where are you?!?) the World Champion ranking. I'm not in favor, however, of doing the whole advanced trainer stuff.

Perhaps a ranking system can be done with the trade system when we get that fully up and running, but I feel we shouldn't do that yet.

JMHO,
~PokeGuru

RE:   Flood Control.

PokeGuru said:
I'm all in favor of allowing the ranking of professor for professors, likewise all in favor of giving the World Champion (should they join this forum - Maron, where are you?!?) the World Champion ranking. I'm not in favor, however, of doing the whole advanced trainer stuff.

We actually have that system on Croftminster forums (the guys who do TCG's in Australia/NZ) where Professors can have the Professor rank. We also have TO as a rank. But that's about it really apart from Admin and Moderator ranks.

Iv seen many forums which do use post rankings and they dont get Much spam. I've also seen forums which dont use it, they seem to have fewer members. I know i used to contribute much more on 1 or 2 forums which had rankings since I wanted to be in a better ranking position. I personally think this will benefit more than hurt.

The forums arent that big right now. With an extra mod or 2, spam would be cleaned out very quickly and i'm sure User banning is possible to stop flooders.

RE:   Flood Control.

PokeGuru said:
I'm not personally a fan of the Ranking system - we tried it once on one of the UK forums, and it left it much open to spamming just to attain the level of "Super-n00b 5000" or whatever it was.

Perhaps a ranking system can be done with the trade system when we get that fully up and running, but I feel we shouldn't do that yet.

JMHO,
~PokeGuru
I personally like your ideas, since I agree a ranking system would probably just level people open to spamming more often. Of course, we couldn't throw "World Champion/League Leader/Professor/TO/Good Trader" under one persons name (Considering someone ever fits all those requirements. :p) but people could choose which one they want to be recognized for I suppose. And we might be able to do a * star system next to people's names for every 5 good trades they preform, once the system is fully running.

I also think that there should be ranks which arent related to the TCG. I know that trading is a big thing, i even organise trades online and post, but it will be more difficult here for the reason that this is an international board. I know that most people who come here will be from the US, you guys usually are everywhere, with the rest coming from other countries. Even if i did choose to trade on this board, I'm not since the postage time inbetween trades to other countries is far too long. That's the main reason why i have chosen not to trade here. Aussie traders can trade with me but PM me and i'll link you elsewhere.

I think there should be ranks for other things too. For example, how about something like 'Deck Doctor' or 'Team Tweaker' as a rank? Then when new people come, they will know who to turn to for advice in certain areas.

Yeh i know. I'm saying rank anyway even though Porygon and Pokeguru are talking about groups. I dont see why there cant be a ranking system and a group system. I dont think people are gonna spam a board this size, and if they do (*looks at masterryanx in suspision*), the mods simply clean it up, close the thread or ban the user... simple.

RE:  Flood Control.

Abhorsen said:
but it will be more difficult here for the reason that this is an international board.
The Pokegym is an international board, and it does well in the ways of trading.

I can see why WPM might not want to do one group for a small handful of people, say, make only one or two people part of a "Deck Doctor" group.

Holy Star said:
Abhorsen said:
but it will be more difficult here for the reason that this is an international board.
The Pokegym is an international board, and it does well in the ways of trading.

I can see why WPM might not want to do one group for a small handful of people, say, make only one or two people part of a "Deck Doctor" group.
Maybe if the board gets to a certain size. =/ We could advertise the forum! =P lol j/k depends on what WPM says.

Back