Help Flareon in Legacy.

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
Lately I've been taking glances at the legacy format on PTCGO, and seeing what cards I have that are legal in legacy. I used to be a former Vespiqueen Player so Flareon from plasma freeze seems to be right up my alley! I was wondering if anyone had a decklist for this Flareon that preferably doesn't have any Tropical Beachs and only needs 2 Junk Arms! It would also be helpful if you could explain how the cards function with one another. Thankyou! :)

...and only needs 2 Junk Arms!

Not many decks only need two copies of Junk Arm, at least in the Legacy Format. If you only have two, then of course you'll have to make do.

Let me help get the ball rolling, at least: have you built any other Legacy Format decks, and if so, what general staples, loose staples, and/or power cards do you own this format? If you're totally new, then before constructing a deck, it would behoove you to learn about cards like Professor Oak's New Theory that aren't flashy but are important for the Legacy Format.

Not many decks only need two copies of Junk Arm, at least in the Legacy Format. If you only have two, then of course you'll have to make do.

Let me help get the ball rolling, at least: have you built any other Legacy Format decks, and if so, what general staples, loose staples, and/or power cards do you own this format? If you're totally new, then before constructing a deck, it would behoove you to learn about cards like Professor Oak's New Theory that aren't flashy but are important for the Legacy Format.
I do own a Professor Oak's Theory, but only 1. Besides that I don't have too many legacy cards that seem entirely great!

Hi,
i played Flareon in Legacy a lot but my List is ~ 2 years old.

I try to repair ptcg to find my list.

Edit:

Strategie:
Get Eevee (or MewEx) as fast as possible to search Flareon food in hand. My Maindiscardoutlet is Prof Juniper.

If you have more than 2 JirachiEx, use them. He's a key next to 8 balls and 1 computer.
His gameplay is:
- if you have lot a Pokemons (after Eevee attack) in hand, search Prof Juniper to discard them.
- if you have no Pokemon or lot of trainees and no carddraw, search Prof Oaks New Theorie to mulligan your hand.
- if you have no Eevee or carddraw, search Pokemon Collector to find Eevee, JirachiEx (Prof Juniper) and one more pokemon for the situations.

27 Pokemon:
4 Flareon as Mainattacker
2 Leafeon for Blastoise MU
1 Espeon as Flareoncopy if you discarded one, MewtoEx and Silver Mirror
3 different Eeveelution for discardfood, but sometimes you can need a pokepower

4 Eevee for searching food on hand
2 MewEx as 2nd Eevee and Flareonattacks

4 Audino for help your pokemons and discard himself
2 JirachiEx for finding supportcards
1 Mr Mime for benchattack by DarkraiEx and GenesectEX f.e.
2-2 Eeletrik for refill your energie (they are 4 Pokemons). If you know a better way to keep your energy, let it me know.

6 Support:
4 Prof Juniper as maindiscardoutlet
1 Prof Oaks New Theorie
1 Pokemon Collector

18 Trainee:
4 LevelBall find all turn1 Pokemons have 90HP
4 Hyperball for discard and keypokemons
1 Computer Search to discard and search everything, i don't know which other ACE card i could add.

3 Junkarms as discard and lategame but you can still play with 2
1 Random Receiver as 7th Supporter and refilled by Junkarm

1 Light Stone to retreat and condition clear, great on benchbased pokemons like MrMime and Eeletrik
1 Switch same but refilled by Junkarm

1 Toolscrapper for Garbador, Silver Mirror, Life Dew
1 Pokemon Catcher for benchpokemons
1 Silver Bangle to boost Flareon in EX MUs

9 Energie:
4 DCE for Instaflareonattacks
5 Lightning for Eeletrikrefills

Hardcounter for me:
- N
- Enhanced Hammer or other DCE removal
- Weavile Deck

Try not to go all in, be fine if you can discard 2-3 Pokemons.
Use your Prof Juniper and Trainees wisely

I hope I could help you to find ideas on Flareon in Legacy ;)

Attachments

• Flareon Legacy.png
    Flareon Legacy.png
    710.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I do own a Professor Oak's Theory, but only 1. Besides that I don't have too many legacy cards that seem entirely great!

Hmm... that may be the best place to begin. Not saying you shouldn't consider the decklist presented by Rabrab, but almost everything the majority of decks would like to run will also be worthwhile to a Flareon [Plasma] deck. Even if you cannot get them now, knowing about them can help you plan smartly for the future. So the short list of important cards to consider are:
  1. Ace Spec - I don't know if you have any, but the good news is that most of the ones that are not Pokémon specific should help. Computer Search or Dowsing Machine are almost guaranteed to be worth it. Due to the specifics of the deck, Life Dew and Rock Guard could be solid choices as well. If you need a budget option, then Master Ball is usually - but not always - better than nothing. The specifics of a Flareon [Plasma] deck make Gold Potion, Scoop Up Cyclone, and Scramble Switch dubious picks. If you were using larger Pokémon, Gold Potion becomes another decent budget option. Scoop Up Cyclone and Scramble Switch are actually good enough elsewhere you might run them instead of Computer Search or Dowsing Machine, and higher on the pecking order than Life Dew and/or Rock Guard.
  2. Junk Arm - You know this already, but again, most decks ought to be running three or four. I'd actually prefer four for Flareon [Plasma].
  3. Professor Oak's New Theory - If this card was Standard or Expanded legal, we'd be running it. The Legacy Format made me realize that this was the missing piece of the "trinity" of core Supporters we've been wanting in Expanded and Standard since... well... the shift to BW-On. My usual "baseline" for deck building is three N, three Professor Juniper, and three Professor Oak's New Theory. The final count will vary according to deck specifics. For example, Flareon [Plasma] should be focused on discarding Pokémon, taking an early lead, and giving up fewer Prizes than normal. That means four Professor Juniper, three Professor Oak's New Theory, and only two N.
  4. Smeargle (HS: Undaunted 8/90; Call of Legends 21/95) - A loose staple; most decks should be running it, but there are enough have reason to skip it. Be cautious when using it, though, as you must select a Supporter if any are present in your opponent's hand. The most obvious way it can backfire is forcing an early game Colress for a low (maybe no!) card hand or a late game Professor Juniper that decks you out.
  5. Jirachi-EX - I prefer to include just one of these, but some make room for two. They are a little safer in a format where there is no Lysandre or Guzma, but they eat up Bench space and could become an easy two Prizes. Still, you need them so that Ultra Ball (and Level Ball, if in the deck) can essentially fetch you a Supporter.
  6. Random Receiver - Most decks want this as an out to a Supporter if all the person has in hand is a Junk Arm.
  7. Lost Remover - A "loose" staple for deck building in general, but probably good to include as a single in a Flareon [Plasma] deck. If you need to use Enhanced Hammer instead, that is fine; it isn't like Special Charge or Puzzle of Time is in this format so only a few decks will be hurt worse by the Energy going to the Lost Zone.
  8. Tool Scrapper - You'll have less to fear from Garboxotin than most decks, but Eviolite, Life Dew, etc. can really mess you up. Some decks really need their Float Stone as well.
  9. Pokémon Collector - Not a huge deal here, but some decks use this as a better Brigette.
  10. Seeker - I always want to include this, but usually cannot; this Supporter forces both players to bounce a Pokémon from the Bench to the hand. This is good for winning via Bench Out and/or getting Jirachi-EX off the field.
Definitely not a complete list, though I tried to put it in order of diminishing importance.

Hmm... that may be the best place to begin. Not saying you shouldn't consider the decklist presented by Rabrab, but almost everything the majority of decks would like to run will also be worthwhile to a Flareon [Plasma] deck. Even if you cannot get them now, knowing about them can help you plan smartly for the future. So the short list of important cards to consider are:
  1. Ace Spec - I don't know if you have any, but the good news is that most of the ones that are not Pokémon specific should help. Computer Search or Dowsing Machine are almost guaranteed to be worth it. Due to the specifics of the deck, Life Dew and Rock Guard could be solid choices as well. If you need a budget option, then Master Ball is usually - but not always - better than nothing. The specifics of a Flareon [Plasma] deck make Gold Potion, Scoop Up Cyclone, and Scramble Switch dubious picks. If you were using larger Pokémon, Gold Potion becomes another decent budget option. Scoop Up Cyclone and Scramble Switch are actually good enough elsewhere you might run them instead of Computer Search or Dowsing Machine, and higher on the pecking order than Life Dew and/or Rock Guard.
  2. Junk Arm - You know this already, but again, most decks ought to be running three or four. I'd actually prefer four for Flareon [Plasma].
  3. Professor Oak's New Theory - If this card was Standard or Expanded legal, we'd be running it. The Legacy Format made me realize that this was the missing piece of the "trinity" of core Supporters we've been wanting in Expanded and Standard since... well... the shift to BW-On. My usual "baseline" for deck building is three N, three Professor Juniper, and three Professor Oak's New Theory. The final count will vary according to deck specifics. For example, Flareon [Plasma] should be focused on discarding Pokémon, taking an early lead, and giving up fewer Prizes than normal. That means four Professor Juniper, three Professor Oak's New Theory, and only two N.
  4. Smeargle (HS: Undaunted 8/90; Call of Legends 21/95) - A loose staple; most decks should be running it, but there are enough have reason to skip it. Be cautious when using it, though, as you must select a Supporter if any are present in your opponent's hand. The most obvious way it can backfire is forcing an early game Colress for a low (maybe no!) card hand or a late game Professor Juniper that decks you out.
  5. Jirachi-EX - I prefer to include just one of these, but some make room for two. They are a little safer in a format where there is no Lysandre or Guzma, but they eat up Bench space and could become an easy two Prizes. Still, you need them so that Ultra Ball (and Level Ball, if in the deck) can essentially fetch you a Supporter.
  6. Random Receiver - Most decks want this as an out to a Supporter if all the person has in hand is a Junk Arm.
  7. Lost Remover - A "loose" staple for deck building in general, but probably good to include as a single in a Flareon [Plasma] deck. If you need to use Enhanced Hammer instead, that is fine; it isn't like Special Charge or Puzzle of Time is in this format so only a few decks will be hurt worse by the Energy going to the Lost Zone.
  8. Tool Scrapper - You'll have less to fear from Garboxotin than most decks, but Eviolite, Life Dew, etc. can really mess you up. Some decks really need their Float Stone as well.
  9. Pokémon Collector - Not a huge deal here, but some decks use this as a better Brigette.
  10. Seeker - I always want to include this, but usually cannot; this Supporter forces both players to bounce a Pokémon from the Bench to the hand. This is good for winning via Bench Out and/or getting Jirachi-EX off the field.
Definitely not a complete list, though I tried to put it in order of diminishing importance.
Okay! Thanks! I'll see what cards I can get! :)

Hi,
i played Flareon in Legacy a lot but my List is ~ 2 years old.

I try to repair ptcg to find my list.

Edit:

Strategie:
Get Eevee (or MewEx) as fast as possible to search Flareon food in hand. My Maindiscardoutlet is Prof Juniper.

If you have more than 2 JirachiEx, use them. He's a key next to 8 balls and 1 computer.
His gameplay is:
- if you have lot a Pokemons (after Eevee attack) in hand, search Prof Juniper to discard them.
- if you have no Pokemon or lot of trainees and no carddraw, search Prof Oaks New Theorie to mulligan your hand.
- if you have no Eevee or carddraw, search Pokemon Collector to find Eevee, JirachiEx (Prof Juniper) and one more pokemon for the situations.

27 Pokemon:
4 Flareon as Mainattacker
2 Leafeon for Blastoise MU
1 Espeon as Flareoncopy if you discarded one, MewtoEx and Silver Mirror
3 different Eeveelution for discardfood, but sometimes you can need a pokepower

4 Eevee for searching food on hand
2 MewEx as 2nd Eevee and Flareonattacks

4 Audino for help your pokemons and discard himself
2 JirachiEx for finding supportcards
1 Mr Mime for benchattack by DarkraiEx and GenesectEX f.e.
2-2 Eeletrik for refill your energie (they are 4 Pokemons). If you know a better way to keep your energy, let it me know.

6 Support:
4 Prof Juniper as maindiscardoutlet
1 Prof Oaks New Theorie
1 Pokemon Collector

18 Trainee:
4 LevelBall find all turn1 Pokemons have 90HP
4 Hyperball for discard and keypokemons
1 Computer Search to discard and search everything, i don't know which other ACE card i could add.

3 Junkarms as discard and lategame but you can still play with 2
1 Random Receiver as 7th Supporter and refilled by Junkarm

1 Light Stone to retreat and condition clear, great on benchbased pokemons like MrMime and Eeletrik
1 Switch same but refilled by Junkarm

1 Toolscrapper for Garbador, Silver Mirror, Life Dew
1 Pokemon Catcher for benchpokemons
1 Silver Bangle to boost Flareon in EX MUs

9 Energie:
4 DCE for Instaflareonattacks
5 Lightning for Eeletrikrefills

Hardcounter for me:
- N
- Enhanced Hammer or other DCE removal
- Weavile Deck

Try not to go all in, be fine if you can discard 2-3 Pokemons.
Use your Prof Juniper and Trainees wisely

I hope I could help you to find ideas on Flareon in Legacy ;)
Thanks so much! :D

Okay! Thanks! I'll see what cards I can get! :)

So the next question is, how are you at trading on the PTCGO? I remember thinking I knew how to trade, but making goofy mistakes like using prices for the physical cards instead of the various price guides you can find over on the In Game Item Exchange section on the official boards.

So the next question is, how are you at trading on the PTCGO? I remember thinking I knew how to trade, but making goofy mistakes like using prices for the physical cards instead of the various price guides you can find over on the In Game Item Exchange section on the official boards.
Well seeing as I have no idea what the In Game Item Exchange Section is, I'd say I'm not very good at trading..

I actually have a Flareon Legacy deck built, as these Vengeance type of attacks have always been my favorite. If you need a list, you could PM me, or just ask to post it on here. I do have to explain my card choices, though, as some are different from what you might expect. I have a few variants on the idea, but I think the one you'd might be the most interested in is the normal one. I can provide others, if you'd like; to see what best suits you.

EDIT: Fixed some grammar

Well seeing as I have no idea what the In Game Item Exchange Section is, I'd say I'm not very good at trading..

Here is a link to the official Pokémon TCG Online Message Boards. It has been a while since I set mine up, but I think your login is the same as it is for your PTCGO account in general. Let me stress, these are the official boards, though pokemon.com could make them a little easier to reach. ;) Not everything is visible on these boards when you're not logged in.

Once you're logged in you should be able to see the In-Game Item Exchange part of the message board. If you want to make a trade, check out the various major trading threads to see what the current going rate is for boosters, cards, and various other in-game goodies. One or two threads are just community price guides, while more are specific trading companies, or trading groups, or trading guilds, or some similar term. ;) The best of these will have someone online most or all the time to trade with someone, for the prices they ask. Because they are the equivalent of a convenience store when it comes to PTCGO trades, they can ask for more and actually get it when it comes to something. If you're bad at trading, you can use them to avoid seriously overpaying or are just in a hurry.

I'm not sure how much more to explain here. I'm not kidding, I've deleted a list of suggestions about three times now. I've actually written an article or two on trading, but not for PokéBeach. Actually, not for any website; it was one of the few paid articles I've had in the last few years, and was released as part of a Pokémon book. :D No, I'm not telling you that I won't share that information here (it isn't like its a brand new book), rather that there's a lot to discuss, from the very basic you might figure out on your own to the advanced that I only know because someone took pity and explained it to me. XP

I guess the big things are:

If you have a tradeable pack, deck, etc. - meaning it is not listed with a "Lock" symbol when you look at it in the PTCGO, consider it money. It might not be very valuable, as different packs - like different cards - are worth different amounts and it varies at least a little from month to month, day to day, even hour to hour! So do not open them; even the low demand stuff like Chests might still be able to trade for a similar low demand (but needed by you) Uncommon Item card. Take a look at the trading company threads I mentioned above, don't start trading with them yet, and let me know if you understand how they value stuff. If you don't understand one company's thread, try another; there are some I find straightforward, and some I find pretty confusing myself. These trading company threads are a bit like a convenience store or high-end collectible shop; use them when you need something now or if you're really bad at trading, but otherwise, use them as a price reference. Since they tend to have someone on duty all (or at least most) of the time, and/or have reward programs, don't pay others what they are asking and don't expect others to accept if you demand their prices, either.

I actually have a Flareon Legacy deck built, as these Vengeance type of attacks have always been my favorite. If you need a list, you could PM me, or just ask to post it on here. I do have to explain my card choices, though, as some are different from what you might expect. I have a few variants on the idea, but I think the one you'd might be the most interested in is the normal one. I can provide others, if you'd like; to see what best suits you.

EDIT: Fixed some grammar

I am interesting! Please show me your list :)
Here > PM

Here is a link to the official Pokémon TCG Online Message Boards. It has been a while since I set mine up, but I think your login is the same as it is for your PTCGO account in general. Let me stress, these are the official boards, though pokemon.com could make them a little easier to reach. ;) Not everything is visible on these boards when you're not logged in.

Once you're logged in you should be able to see the In-Game Item Exchange part of the message board. If you want to make a trade, check out the various major trading threads to see what the current going rate is for boosters, cards, and various other in-game goodies. One or two threads are just community price guides, while more are specific trading companies, or trading groups, or trading guilds, or some similar term. ;) The best of these will have someone online most or all the time to trade with someone, for the prices they ask. Because they are the equivalent of a convenience store when it comes to PTCGO trades, they can ask for more and actually get it when it comes to something. If you're bad at trading, you can use them to avoid seriously overpaying or are just in a hurry.

I'm not sure how much more to explain here. I'm not kidding, I've deleted a list of suggestions about three times now. I've actually written an article or two on trading, but not for PokéBeach. Actually, not for any website; it was one of the few paid articles I've had in the last few years, and was released as part of a Pokémon book. :D No, I'm not telling you that I won't share that information here (it isn't like its a brand new book), rather that there's a lot to discuss, from the very basic you might figure out on your own to the advanced that I only know because someone took pity and explained it to me. XP

I guess the big things are:

If you have a tradeable pack, deck, etc. - meaning it is not listed with a "Lock" symbol when you look at it in the PTCGO, consider it money. It might not be very valuable, as different packs - like different cards - are worth different amounts and it varies at least a little from month to month, day to day, even hour to hour! So do not open them; even the low demand stuff like Chests might still be able to trade for a similar low demand (but needed by you) Uncommon Item card. Take a look at the trading company threads I mentioned above, don't start trading with them yet, and let me know if you understand how they value stuff. If you don't understand one company's thread, try another; there are some I find straightforward, and some I find pretty confusing myself. These trading company threads are a bit like a convenience store or high-end collectible shop; use them when you need something now or if you're really bad at trading, but otherwise, use them as a price reference. Since they tend to have someone on duty all (or at least most) of the time, and/or have reward programs, don't pay others what they are asking and don't expect others to accept if you demand their prices, either.
Thanks so much! I'll go check it out!

Back