• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Flareon-EX / Team Magma's Camerupt

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
After finally getting the Flareon-EX needed online, I created a pretty strong deck with it!

Pokémon: 11
  • 3 Flareon-EX
  • 1 Houndoom-EX
  • 2 Team Magma's Numel
  • 2 Team Magma's Camerupt
  • 3 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 4 Blacksmith
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Scorched Earth
Energy: 12
  • 12 Fire Energy
Strategy:

Simply accelerate your Flareon-EX quickly in multiple ways, whether it be with Blacksmith, Max Elixir, Houndoom's Attack, or Team Magma's Camerupt. With Flareon's Flash Fire ability, you can move one energy revived from Camerupt to itself, or you may even use the ability with an energy attached from Max Elixir as well.

Note that the Magma Camerupt line is fairly thin. That's because it only takes one of them on the bench to make this strategy work wonderfully, given that Flash Fire only works once per turn. The Houndoom-EX is a good tech that can counter Wailord Decks, and can knock out lower HP threats while accelerating energy from the discard pile.

So far the weakness of this deck is Greninja Break... Not much I can do about that, other than do some heavy hitting early on that one. I also am under conflict about if it's better with Acro Bike, or using Battle Compessor/extra supporters. I guess Acro Bike has been working well so far, since for Max Elixir I need to keep the energy in the deck at the start, rather than discard it.

Any ideas for this deck are welcome!

I haven't really looked through your list. But you could use energy switch. Like 2 or 3. It's a great card with camerupt.

With it you can attach manually, black smith, flash fire and energy switch mid to late game. When max elixer stops being useful. That's 5 energy that can easily happen after one flareon is knocked out.

Play a few battle compressor and cut back on the Blacksmith. You don't need 4 with 4 vs seeker. 2-3 should work fine.

i actually recently played against this deck during a local tournament i had. It was a tough battle nonetheless because it came down to our last prize card. I played primal groudon and it seemed to have trouble with the deck, but did well overall. In my opinion i don't think you need to include the houdoom EX because its not much of an attacker like flareon. I strongly recommend battle compressors because that is where the deck accelerates energies the most. T1, my opponent was able to hit for a 170 + Fury belt for a total of 180. I would possible replace your spare houndoom with an additional flareon

Yeah maybe 3 battle compressors. Take out 2 black smiths, and the 3 acrobikes. For 3 battle compressors and 2 energy switch. If you really want acrobike you can take out houndoom, delinquents and/or 1 max elixer

Nice to see your ideas. I'm going to test the compressors out in this deck, and maybe one energy switch. I usually do put 1-2 energy switch in my Max Elixir-type acceleration decks, though I spaced that idea due to how Flash Fire literally is a universal energy switch anyways.

Back