• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Flareon/Cofagrigus

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I've been playing around with this deck for quite a while now, and I've found that's ridiculously fun and even somewhat competitive. Unfortunately, when I win, it's either by a single Prize Card, or my opponent makes a misplay. My matchups against Plasma and Darkrai are terribly difficult. I have an excellent Keldeo matchup despite the Weakness issue, (shouts out to Leafeon), and a relatively strong to even matchup against everything else. This is what I have that's won me the most.

Pokemon: 28

Trainers: 24
  • Professor Juniper x4
  • N x4
  • Bianca x2
  • Skyla x1
  • Ultra Ball x4
  • Level Ball x2
  • Pokémon Catcher x4
  • Tool Scrapper x2
  • Computer Search x1

Energy: 8
  • Double Colorless Energy x4
  • Blend Energy GRPD x2
  • Fire Energy x2

Strategy: So this deck relies on getting your Pogeymanz in the Discard Pile so you can blow up everything with Flareon's Vengeance. Optimally, you'll start with an Eevee Active with a Ditto on the Bench, or...whatever. You at least need two to start the game so Lando doesn't donk you. Anyways, Cofagrigus KOs itself with Six Feet Under, you get two, (or three if you had Ditto underneath), extra Pokémon in the Discard Pile, and you drop three more damage counters. With this, the four Ultra Ball, the Computer Search, and the four Audino, you should be discarding a ton of Pokémon relatively quickly.

I've been playing with four Bicycle...and then going 2-2 Trode...and then going four Bikes. I know Trode gives me extra fuel, but I'm not sure if it's the way to go when I have to rely on waiting a turn and hoping I get the Ultra Ball or whatever.

I was also considering Mew-EX for the Plasma matchup. I can Catcher out Deoxys-EXs early for easy KOs. For the Darkrai matchup...I'm clueless. They're simply too fast, and spreading 120 on the board by like...turn three...is scary. Especially with a deck that runs Pokémon with a maximum HP of 100.

So the big questions are...
1. How can I improve my Plasma and Darkrai matchups?
2. Do I go Bikes or Trodes?
3. Mew-EX?

I want to make this deck more competitive than it is and I'll need your help. I'm open to all suggestions - please please please explain. I've been thinking about this deck hard.

I want to make this the first deck that I RH out all the way (if the deck gets better and the Catchers become inexpensive). So...yeah. It's a big deal.

Thanks guys!

You realize a very similar deck made top 32 at worlds? It's a very techy deck but great fun to play. I don't think the worlds deck ran electrode.

I would,

-2-2 electrode
-2 Bianca
-1 flareon
-1 ultra ball

+2 silver bangle
+3 silver mirror
+1 skyla
+1 sawk PLB
+1 tool scrapper

The mirrors will drastically improve your plasma matchups as will sawk and bangle. Skyla is to add consistency with being able to search out tools/balls. I wouldn't run electrode cause its another thing to set up and more catcher bait. But feel free to test it out. I have not played this deck myself but I've seen it played by a few people. It's fast and mean. :) happy testing hope this helps.

Cortel II said:
You realize a very similar deck made top 32 at worlds? It's a very techy deck but great fun to play. I don't think the worlds deck ran electrode.

I would,

-2-2 electrode
-2 Bianca
-1 flareon
-1 ultra ball

+2 silver bangle
+3 silver mirror
+1 skyla
+1 sawk PLB
+1 tool scrapper

The mirrors will drastically improve your plasma matchups as will sawk and bangle. Skyla is to add consistency with being able to search out tools/balls. I wouldn't run electrode cause its another thing to set up and more catcher bait. But feel free to test it out. I have not played this deck myself but I've seen it played by a few people. It's fast and mean. :) happy testing hope this helps.

A similar deck actually went as far as top 16 at worlds. I believe World War Z (Zoaroak, Flareon, meta game counters) also did fairly well...

For example a World War Z Pokemon line would look like:

2-2 Flareon
2-2 Zoarak (NXD shiny reprint)
2 Sableye (owns plasma if you run some silver mirror)
1 Sawk PLB
1 Terrakion/Landorus EX
1 Mewtwo
2 Audino

If you want to run a more Flareon based deck then Ditto and Audino are staples. Leafeon can also be a very good attacker.

I don't believe that Cofagrigus is the way to go solely because it gives up a prize and can be clunky at times.

camoclone said:
Cortel II said:

I would,

-2-2 electrode
-2 Bianca
-1 flareon
-1 ultra ball

+2 silver bangle
+3 silver mirror
+1 skyla
+1 sawk PLB
+1 tool scrapper

A similar deck actually went as far as top 16 at worlds. I believe World War Z (Zoaroak, Flareon, meta game counters) also did fairly well...

For example a World War Z Pokemon line would look like:

2-2 Flareon
2-2 Zoarak (NXD shiny reprint)
2 Sableye (owns plasma if you run some silver mirror)
1 Sawk PLB
1 Terrakion/Landorus EX
1 Mewtwo
2 Audino

If you want to run a more Flareon based deck then Ditto and Audino are staples. Leafeon can also be a very good attacker.

I don't believe that Cofagrigus is the way to go solely because it gives up a prize and can be clunky at times.

I couldn't remember if it was top 32 or 16 i know it was the first streamed match.

The deck was literally: Flareon/Leafeon/Espeon/Terrakion/Landorus/Garbodor/Driftblim/Mr.Mime/Audino

I saw Dylan Bryan's deck and I was kinda of intrigued. I wasn't a huge fan, however, simply because there was just too much going on in that deck at one time.

Cortel: I like the Tool idea, but I'm worried. Plasma and Darkrai will be running at least two Scrapper no matter what, and I wanted to stay away from the Tools because of how easy they are to Scrap. I might get an extra 30 off the Bangle, but that'll be for one turn before it gets Scrapped, you know? The Trode are important for keeping me cycling through my deck, but I like the sound of Sawk. Unfortunately, he isn't too hot in any other deck matchup other than Plasma, so I dunno if it's worth the slot.

I really don't wanna lose consistency with my changes.

Serperior said:
I saw Dylan Bryan's deck and I was kinda of intrigued. I wasn't a huge fan, however, simply because there was just too much going on in that deck at one time.

Cortel: I like the Tool idea, but I'm worried. Plasma and Darkrai will be running at least two Scrapper no matter what, and I wanted to stay away from the Tools because of how easy they are to Scrap. I might get an extra 30 off the Bangle, but that'll be for one turn before it gets Scrapped, you know? The Trode are important for keeping me cycling through my deck, but I like the sound of Sawk. Unfortunately, he isn't too hot in any other deck matchup other than Plasma, so I dunno if it's worth the slot.

I really don't wanna lose consistency with my changes.
Terrakion or Landorus can replace Sawk if you worry about how much he helps. Yes tools aren't that good right now due to the insane amount of Scrappers being played. However the extra 30 from 1 Bangle is worth it by far... Think of it as a Laser if you want but bangel helps so much in this deck. Cofagrigus more then anything makes you loose consistency more than the ultra ball variant. If you are worried about consistency then use the ultra ball variant.

camoclone said:
Yes tools aren't that good forever due to the insane amount of Scrappers being played.
Fixed. I doubt people will ever run less than 2 Tool Scrappers for a very long time. Unless of course X/Y completely changes the meta-game. But Scrappers are no reason to not play Tools entirely, as in most cases you only need the Tool for 1 turn to really make the difference.

On-topic: As for losing consistency when going the tech-heavy route the Top-Deck went with, the concept is to just Juniper/Ultra/Discard the Pokemon you don't need for a certain match-up. Like that Garbodor, I think he only used it once out of all his games. And I'd consider squeezing a Tropical Beach in there if you really need the draw power so much that you are opting for Electrode.

Tropical Beach is fun, but I'm so tight on space to begin with, I don't really know what to take out.

Edit: dropped a Level Ball for a second Tool Scrapper to deal with Silver Mirror.

Back