First User-Led Theme Format Tournament

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL POKEBEACH MONTHLY TOURNAMENT. If you are looking for the official Pokebeach Tournament, click here

Ok, so this will function very similar to the PokeBeach monthly tournaments, but for the theme format. If you have played in those tournaments before you will have the advantage of knowing the system.

HELLO! And welcome to the PokeBeach Unofficial "Monthly" Theme format tournament! This thread will have the pairings for each round, as well as important notes for all players. All players are responsible for checking this thread at the start of every round; ignorance of the contents of this thread is not an excuse for not following any instructions found herein.

You can "Watch" this thread in order to receive notifications whenever a post is made here, but failing to receive a notification is no excuse for knowing when the round begins or ends.

Read this entire post. It's important.

INTRODUCTION
Welcome, friends, both old and new. My name is GamePhoenix. I am the organizer of this tournament. If you have any questions, your first course of action should be to help yourself by reading this thread, because I promise you most of what you want to know can be found here. If the answer isn't here, PM me your question. Be warned, however, that if the answer to your question can be found in one of the aforementioned locations, I will direct you there rather than answer your question directly. I may also choose to ask you a question in reply to help you find the answer yourself.

Basically, don't be lazy.

Again - read this entire post, especially if you're new. You'd be surprised what you can learn by taking the time to help yourself.

To ensure you are apprised of all relevant updates, please make sure to "Watch" this thread. You will (should) receive notifications every time a post is made.

That said, not receiving a notification is no excuse for not manually checking this thread at the start of every round.

Here, on this thread
Yes
Say that you won due to that reason in this thread.

Got any suggestions for new questions? Drop me a line (don't post in this thread).

Bookmark this link. I typically enter scores after a round has ended in order to minimize attempts at influencing decisions to ID, since standings are updated in real time as I enter them into Challonge and gives players information they wouldn't otherwise have at an actual tournament. When you check your scores, please make sure the standings are correct; let me know immediately if they are not.

TOURNAMENT TIMETABLE
Here are all the deadlines for every round. I will post each round's deadline in the main thread as well as in each individual round's post in the pairings thread. If you aren't sure when the round ends, check! It's right here!

Round 1: March 13 to 17
Round 2: March 18 to 22
Round 3: March 23 to 27
Round 4: March 28 to April 2
*Top 4 matches and the finals may be completed as soon as the previous matches are reported.

Pairings will be posted on March 12.

Also, this is my first tournament, and if you have any tips or ideas for how I could improve it next month PM me.

To sign up:
Please post the your PTCGO username, Time Zone, and PM me the name of the theme deck you wish to use in this tournament. This Theme deck MUST be legal for the Theme format on the PTCGO and cannot be named Mach Strike for balancing reasons.

Last edited:

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
"This just in: Prizes are now being offered for my tournament! The winner will get one firm handshake from me via PM!"