First Team

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
I am really new and I decided to try UU. The team I made have done pretty good compared to my other teams. I laddered to around 1500 before I decided to post my team here.

There is not much in Team Building. I decided to go with my favourite Pokemon (Flygon if it wasn't obvious) but there is no need to keep it if there is another Pokemon that does the job better. Kingdra was then added. The other Pokemon where just added because they are good.

flygon6rc.gif
Flygon @Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EV's 252 Att 252 Speed 4 SpD Jolly
Earthquake
U-Turn
Outrage
Superpower

ScarfGon is my revenge killer. Superpower helps me against some Pokemon which Fire Punch or Stone Edge can't. I might Change to Stone Edge if it is really a better option. I don't feel like running Fire Punch as the it would still take me a lot to take down Bronzong. The rest is a typical ScarfGon set. ScarfShao might be better and I might try it out in the future.

images

Kingdra @Leftovers
Trait: Sniper
EV's 252 Att 252 Speed 4 SpD Adamant
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Substitute

SubDD Kingdra. Set up your DD's while hiding behind a substitute. Sniper to get some hard critical hits. Leftovers to heal while Kingdra is behind a sub. Adamant over Jolly to hit harder (I don't know if I miss to outspeed any important Pokemon and if then, I'll change it to Jolly). There is no Rain Dance in my team so Swift Swim won't be helping a lot. I could use it to counter Rain Dance teams (I haven't meet many and I don't have a problem against them so I don't think I would have to change it).

heracross.jpg

Heracross @Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EV's 252 HP 252 Att 4 SpD Adamant
Close Combat
Megahorn
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

I had IntimidateTop here. It was my Spinner and could use Stealth Rock. Heracross has good offensive power thanks to Guts/Flame Orb + Sword Dance. Maybe change it back to get some Hazards/Spin or change it to MoxieScarf Heracross. It would be kind of redundant because of ScarfGon but I might change it.

169___crobat_by_merum_sb_blueolimar-d31tsyk.png

Crobat @Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
EV's 176 HP 192 Att 4 SpD 136 Speed Jolly
Brave Bird
Taunt
Toxic
Roost

Brave Bird is the STAB move. Roost and Black Sludge help if switching into Stealth Rock or getting heavily hit. Taunt stops Pokemon from setting up spikes, SR, Burning, etc. Super Fang halves the HP to Pokemon and/or to help against Pokemon which resist your attacks. EV's to outspeed most of the format, having a fair HP, hit hard and stopping Porygon 2/Z from getting + SpA.

images

Empoleon@Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EV's 252 HP 252 SpA 4 SpD Calm
Stealth Rock
Roar
Scald
Ice Beam

Thanks Teapot for recommending me Empoelon! It has done pretty well. It has done much better than Cofagrigus. It is my only Hazard setter and can counter Kingdra (even if I haven't find much). Roar has helped to weaken lots of Pokemon (and getting rid of Swampert).

chandelure.jpg

Chandelure@Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EV's 68 HP 252 SpA 4 SpD 184 Speed
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast
Substitute
Pain Split

It has done pretty good too. It outspeeds most Ghosts thanks to the EV's. I haven't used Flame Body much. Sometimes it would help having Flash Fire. Substitute + Pain Split have kept me alive lots of times and I am glad with the set. Leftovers will help with Chandelure lasting even more.

Cofagrigus@Life Orb
Trait: Mummy
EV's 252 HP 4 SpA 252 SpD Calm
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp

Hitmintop@Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EV's 252 Att 252 Speed 4 HP Adamant
Sucker Punch
Mach Punch
Rapid Spin
Stone Edge

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
Another UU team! I like UU teams. :)

Just popping in to say you actually have the start of what i think is a decent physical offense team here. With Guts Heracross to break down physical walls as well as Flygon and Kingdra as a Cleaner or Sweeper, they can get through even the bulkiest of Pokémon. I think the other three could support a bit more, but it was a pretty good start.

I think my main issue are with the two Ghost-type at the end. I don't think they support a Kingdra/Flygon sweep very much. I would suggest switching Cofagrigus to Empoleon. Empoleon is a great Pokémon to use to counter Kingdra with. Even though it doesn't really hit back for much damage, it can keep it at bay until you get set up with your own Kingdra, or are ready to clean with Flygon. I would suggest a set of:
Empoleon @Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Calm Nature
252 HP/4 SpAtk/252 SpDef
~Stealth Rock
~Scald
~Ice Beam
~Roar

If you want a more offensive spread, you can try 252 HP/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef with a Modest nature, while holding a Life Orb instead of Leftovers. You could also use Hidden Power Electric instead of Roar.

I would switch Chandelure to this set:
Chandelure @Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
Modest Nature
68 HP/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef/184 Spe
~Substitute
~Pain Split
~Fire Blast
~Shadow Ball

Flame Body is used instead of Flash Fire because Porygon2 is going to wall you if you have Flash Fire. Porygon2 also walls most of your team, so you don't want to give it the opportunity to come in. Aside from that, I think with Kingdra and Flygon both on your team, you should have enough to switch into Fire-types. If not, you can always use Flash Fire, but then I suggest running Toxic on something so you don't get completely stopped by Porygon2.

The Yoshi

Wumbo
First off, where is the Nature on your Heracross? That can make a huge difference.

Also, why use something like Super Fang on Crobat when a move like Toxic is much more useful? Super Fang is only for Steel and Rock types, and Heracross and Flygon take care of them anyway. I'll try to add more later.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
The Yoshi said:
First off, where are the Natures on your Pokemon? That can make a huge difference.

Also, why use something like Super Fang on Crobat when a move like Toxic is much more useful? Super Fang is only for Steel and Rock types, and Heracross and Flygon take care of them anyway. I'll try to add more later.

The Natures are beside the EV's. I forgot the one of Heracross so I will edit it right away. Super Fang helps a lot when the opponent switches in.

On a Side Note: Empoleon is doing really well and Chandelure too.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
BUMPED!

Updated the OP with the changes. I am pretty glad with Empoleon but I haven't meet much Porygon 2 or used Flame Body much so I will try Flash Fire for a time.

EDIT: Also added Toxic to Crobat instead of Super Fang.