News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
Pourquoi cette post est en français...?

Well, I suppose the first sentence states it, but... eh. We'll see who else pays attention. xD

Also, if I go to Anaheim, I'll see if I can buy you some as well. Macaroons I mean. You're out of luck when it comes to the cards themselves WPM. <3

-Asmer

Edit: Aussi, Oratoria-GX est le meilleur. À mon opinion.

Kibamaru

Aspiring Trainer
Are these portfolio acid-free? I've been thinking of collecting my cards in these binders due to the thematic designs. I've heard the quality of the binders aren't good though, but is it due to younger kids mishandling it?

Donutnut1

Aspiring Trainer
Are these portfolio acid-free? I've been thinking of collecting my cards in these binders due to the thematic designs. I've heard the quality of the binders aren't good though, but is it due to younger kids mishandling it?
I haven't bought one of these for a while now (due to the seemingly low quality) so they may have improved but when I used to store my cards in these, I'd end up with the pockets kinda coming undone I suppose? Like the little dots would come unstuck after a bit of use (putting cards in & out repeatedly) and also after what is presumably just wear from sitting there on the shelf for a couple years or being repeatedly opened/closed, the cover at the spine end would rip and the cardboard & image would fall out.

They'll probably be alright for a while but in the long run (years wise) they don't seem too great.

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
You can fit two sleeved cards within a single pocket, but it seems somewhat silly if you're trying to collect. After all, assuming you want to collect 1 copy of every card in the SM base set, would it not be better to have them all displayed in the open in some form?
That said, it shouldn't bend the cards, but be careful regardless. There's always the possibility that it might accidentally.

Either way, have fun collecting! I need to get back in to it as well.

-Asmer
...They *would* all be displayed out in the open. When he says two cards in one pocket, it's implied that the two cards would be facing opposite directions, so that you see one card on each side of the pocket. This is how almost everyone uses pocket pages.
-Donald Trump

jbcheshire

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I must be missing something, and I guess the joke is on me but the description for these cards are in French and I can't read it. LOL..

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Uhh, so apparently we're posting with French now. I can live with that, but I'm only now just learning passé composé... Or maybe I'll post with my little Japanese skills and confuse you all.

The cards look pretty nice in English, despite there not being much of a difference. I don't think any of these will see competitive play, but they're pretty-looking cards.

And, uh, I can't cook. I also don't think I'll be at Worlds this year. :x

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
...They *would* all be displayed out in the open. When he says two cards in one pocket, it's implied that the two cards would be facing opposite directions, so that you see one card on each side of the pocket. This is how almost everyone uses pocket pages.
-Donald Trump
Well, if it was that simply implied, I'm honestly surprised he had to ask that to begin with. Still, thank you for the clarification... Donald Trump...

Huh. Who knew the next President played Pokemon? xP

-Asmer

Darthrai

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like the French gag would have worked better for something Kalos-related. Or with something like when the French Evolutions cards leaked early.

TheSceptileMaster

Gastrodon ate my cake
ああ、水ポケモンマスターを私に騙そうとしました。今私はあなたに挑戦します。وسوف معرفة سبب التغيير اللغة. Ik ga naar het uiterste, zelfs met behulp van Pokemon als instrumenten. Ve en önemlisi de, bu kartları bir güvertede asla kullanmayacağım. Але я щасливий опік повернувся.

Note: those do translate to something that makes sense. First one to get it wins a cookie!

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
Those Energy cards are beautiful, absolutely thrilled that they'll be accessible. Reminds me of the old days when I ended up with hundreds of extras...

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Really glad to see a long-awaited return to 11 cards, and the reverse holofoil card is fantastic.

As a collector, I just can't get over the fact we're now on our 18th year of the gaudy yellow border for English sets. This is going to be another TCG block where it sorely mismatches the rest of the card template. With the grey borders now even lighter than before, I don't know why the opportunity wasn't taken to stop changing the Japanese template's border to the signature yellow border.

(Is anyone aware of some legal, counterfeit prevention, or other reason they do this?)

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
As a collector, I just can't get over the fact we're now on our 18th year of the gaudy yellow border for English sets. This is going to be another TCG block where it sorely mismatches the rest of the card template. With the grey borders now even lighter than before, I don't know why the opportunity wasn't taken to stop changing the Japanese template's border to the signature yellow border.

(Is anyone aware of some legal, counterfeit prevention, or other reason they do this?)
I also strongly dislike the yellow borders. At this point I think it's more of a "brand identity" thing for them than counterfeiting or anything like that.

It looks especially bad with the SM templates that still include the light grey below the picture and even overlapping the yellow border at the bottom of the card. Really awful from a design standpoint.