News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Three Theme Decks, eh? This is definitely becoming more interesting. I'm looking forward to collecting ALL of the Sun and Moon cards that they release (even if I do have to create fakes for Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam, the middle one in particular). Roll on Sun & Moon!

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Water Pokémon Master's News Article said:
Take aim with the Forest Shadow theme deck
*puts on obnoxious theorist voice* Guys, archer evolution for Rowlet totally confirmed!

Seems like they're following the theme deck route of Black/White. Pretty interesting, and something I think is actually the right way to go. I like it.

Casty

Aspiring Trainer
They did the exact same thing in XY and the three starter theme decks.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Just the names of the theme decks give off the Chinese Leak Evolutions vibe.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
They did the exact same thing in XY and the three starter theme decks.
Not quite.

For XY there were the three decks featuring the starter trio as a separate mini set of sorts then the main set for Base XY had two theme decks for the legends. This time they are having three theme decks for Sun and Moon that will be part of the set as WPM pointed out like previous first game sets..

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
So nobody remembers that the first Diamond/Pearl set also had 3 theme decks?? ok then.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I want to say Bright Tide makes me think Fairy energy? But looking at the list of theme decks since that energy type came out, plenty of adjectives with similar connotations have been used for other types of energy. :/

Take aim though? 100%

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
I hate the $13 theme decks. You get hardly ever completed evolution lines, nothing is holo except for the promo, and really bad cards in general. It's much easier to just buy the cracked ice promos online.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Lemme guess

Forest Shadow is Grass/Psychic, or Grass/Dark

Roaring Heat is Fire/Fighting, or Fire/Metal (Metal has to go somewhere)

Bright Tide is Water/Lightning, or Water/Fairy

I could say that the fourth set in 2013 is the last black and white series set in terms of booster packs, but the first XY series set in terms of theme decks, if you know what I mean. It is obvious that the Kalos Starter Set is connected to Black and White Legendary Treasures somehow. Why else would Black and White Legendary Treasures theme decks not exist? Not only that, the Kalos starter set decks are listed in the store in PTCGO, where you can purchase them for coins, compared to the Trainer Kits and the Battle Arena Decks. From last I saw in the packaging, you can't redeem the Articuno EX, Zapdos EX, and Moltres EX decks that are coming out next month.

In terms of booster packs, XY is the first XY series set.
In terms of theme decks, XY kalos starter st is the first XY series set.
This means that for every time a new generation starts, starting with generation 4, it is always 3 theme decks based on the 3 starters, with the holo face card being the stage 2 evolution of those starters. Remember that in the regular version of the kalos starter set, only the stage 2 evolution is a holo.

XY theme decks could have had the 3 starters as the theme deck front face cards, but you know, the kalos starter set exists, so it would be pretty much redundant. Also note that in some set after, whether it be 2, 3, or 4 sets after, there is always some form of theme deck featuring the video game cover legendary pokemon.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
I hate the $13 theme decks. You get hardly ever completed evolution lines, nothing is holo except for the promo, and really bad cards in general. It's much easier to just buy the cracked ice promos online.

Keep in mind this is for people are absolute noobs or just want a bulk of cards and energies. You won't actually see people use this as a competitive deck. It's for those who know close to nothing about the game. The battle decks are intended for the amateurs who actually know what they're doing when they're playing. And(obviously) deck building is for those who have a lot of knowledge on the game.

It's essentially building blocks to help you become accustomed to the game. Theme decks-> Battle decks-> Deck building

Exodus

TCG Innovator

This. Nothing to see here, folks!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
This thing looks awesome. The first GX I actually like.

Last edited:

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
Woah, woah, woah. Slow down TPCI. We haven't even gotten the Sun and Moon demos and you're showing some cards? But about the card, it looks very beautiful. It doesn't look very playable,but we should see what the other cards look like later. Also 210 Health. But... M Mewtwo-EX Y!

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
So it looks like Pokémon-GX are following similar mechanics to the Gen III Pokémon-ex. That's going to be interesting for sure.

The overall card looks meh to me, in terms of attacks. Flower Supply plays well into decks like VirGen and M Sceptile, but those decks aren't used so much anymore. It also plays well into Chloro-Size GX, but that can only be used once in the game, which doesn't make it so effective anymore. And Solar Blade is just... bad, in my opinion. It has healing, sure, but that won't normally be so effective in a match. In addition, it has 210 HP, which is just absurd for a Stage 1. Not much hope for this one, in my opinion, though I do think I could be proven wrong.

Watch us get a Wailord-GX with 300 HP or more. It's going to happen.