News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Meet the new king of the prerelease, everyone.

After that? We'll see. It's really really prone to being N'd (or even Ilima'd if that catches on), Red Card's still a thing as well, and if this goes anywhere I'd expect at the very least N counts to go up, not that they aren't pretty decently represented already in most decks as one of the meta's staple cards. It does at least force your opponent to do that as a response instead of maybe doing something else they'd planned on doing that turn, however.

I love the fact that it's a DCE attack as well. It has very good synergy with things like Raichu because of it and I think that we could see some interesting Tech coming in to this next era. N will definitely be a large factor going forward as well.

-Asmer

"[C][C] Dark Design: Search your deck for a number of cards up to the number of Pokemon on your bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."

You just search for them? No putting in your hand or discarding?

"[C][C] Dark Design: Search your deck for a number of cards up to the number of Pokemon on your bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."

You just search for them? No putting in your hand or discarding?

Thanks for asking! I'm guessing they go into your hand, but I'm having our translators clarify. :)

Can you BREAK an Alolan Raticate?
No as we all know this game is highly based off the names of the card and in this case raticate break evolves from just a raticate, however alolan raticate must be treated as an entirely different Pokémon because it has a different name.

Also, thinking on it... you would be dropping Alolan Raticate 10 of its max HP, which if for some reason this could work, would be extremely inconvenient.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Alolan Vulpix - Cute
  • Alolan Dugtrio aka Hairy Dugtrio -Similar to Aqua Muk but it is useful for 0 retreat Pokemon. I planned to use it with Klinklang and Aqua Muk.
  • Morelull/Makuhita/Growlithe - Common!!!!
  • Repel - Weak version of Lysandre but it seems useful soon.
  • Potion/Switch/Energy Retrieval - Never absent in the TCG.
  • Ultra Ball - the Superior Searcher still exist. We need Poke Ball in this set, even though it is useless.
  • Timer Ball - Useful for the SM era where Evolution Cards reigns the throne.
  • Ilima - I bet the cards between Lillie and Ilima are Hau and Kukui. Anyways, my first insight on her or him is "Meh, it's like Birch!" When I look on the effect, Hmmph! It can be a better N substituet. We'll see
  • Alolan Raticate - Forget the 2nd Attack, the first attack seems interesting but I doubly it is vulnerable to N/Ilima

Not trying to start a debate or anything, just to clarify, but why are you sad to see the return of DCE?

So prefacing this with the understanding that any card can be made too strong or too weak based on the rest of the card pool, Double Colorless Energy is often better than people realize. Think about cards like the original Mewtwo-EX or Seismitoad-EX: they worked as well as they did because of Double Colorless Energy. Now as someone who thinks they (and several similar cards) work a little too well, I don't like seeing DCE return yet again. I was thrilled when it returned in HeartGold/SoulSilver because I assumed the card pool had balanced it out. I was wrong. =P

Back