Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has started sending out Scarlet & Violet card previews to large gaming websites as part of their usual marketing campaign. This is so the websites can introduce the set to audiences who don’t normally play or collect, thus bringing in new TCG fans.
We are collecting the card images below as they are published. Right now only a few English cards have been revealed. However, the card numbers help us get a better idea of the set list.
Remember, our Scarlet & Violet set will be based on Japan’s Scarlet ex, Violet ex, and its three “ex Starter Decks.”
The set will release in English on March 31st.

Scarlet-Violet-TCG-Cards-200x200.jpg

Pokemon_TCG_Scarlet_Violet_013_Sprigatito-147x200.png

#13 Sprigatito...

Continue reading...

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
Very interesting.... I wonder what trainer is getting cut. With the confirmation of the tandemaus, we know we're getting the promo Oinkologne. However, this also means we have 1 too many trainers.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
I note that the set logo for #155 Lechonk is white and the set number has a white outline border. Must be unique to being a Pokemon Center promo.

Would have been cool if they did for all promo cards that weren't Black Star Promos, including things like the non-holo exclusives from decks and B&B kits, as a way of indicating that this variant is not available in booster packs. But unfortunately we've already seen that the starter holo variants from the Paldea Collections don't have it.

Last edited:

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
They better keep the pull rates for fa's/sr's/TG's the same. If we get Japan's rates of 1 SR and 3 TG per box the hobby will be straightup unfeasible to collect except for ultra whales

Clam

Almost decent
Fascinating. Could you please elaborate? I would enjoy hearing you expound upon this statement at greater length.
Iron Treads like many of the other beloved Pokemon of modern age has been created with the same innovative, modern and exciting design elements that make the newer Pokemon of this generation sharply stand out from the crowd of all the other 1000 Pokemon. Here are some of his most fascinating traits: Round.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
They better keep the pull rates for fa's/sr's/TG's the same. If we get Japan's rates of 1 SR and 3 TG per box the hobby will be straightup unfeasible to collect except for ultra whales
Out of curiosity, is “ultra whale” a rarity of card… or collector?
It would certainly be nice if we got extra Secret Rares and Illustration Rares in our boxes, since they generally cost more. I’m personally not that worried about the standard Illustration Rates bloating the set prices, but that’s probably just coming from someone who doesn’t complete sets. Even so, I’d be surprised if they cost much more than the ex’s. I can see people being more excited about completing sets either way, but I imagine chase cards like the Illustration Rares for Gardevoir ex and Miriam will end up being the biggest barriers most of the time.
If Pokémon increased the pull rates of English boxes, perhaps I’d buy an Elite Trainer Box once or twice a year. I’m usually a singles collector and a TCGPLAYER buyer as a rule, and my budget is probably one of the lowest on the server, but I bought a blister pack of Astral Radiance about a month ago, while in another country, and pulled a Frosmoth Character Rare, which was a nice souvenir. So, yes, I do enjoy opening sealed product on occasion, and while guaranteed Holos would likely encourage me to buy another blister, increased ex or Illustration Rare pull rates might encourage me to buy an entire ETB.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
God I hope this is just from bad pictures and not the cards looking flat as hell and lacking the sparkle like their Japanese counter parts. Other wise its depressing as hell

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Very interesting.... I wonder what trainer is getting cut. With the confirmation of the tandemaus, we know we're getting the promo Oinkologne. However, this also means we have 1 too many trainers.
My current guess is that we’ll only get one of the two Nemona arts, and the other will be saved for a future set (presumably the one that will contain her eventual FA)

itmealice

Aspiring Trainer
I hope the first image is just a bad picture and not representative of what the cards actually look like, the borders seem so grainy...

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
Out of curiosity, is “ultra whale” a rarity of card… or collector?
It would certainly be nice if we got extra Secret Rares and Illustration Rares in our boxes, since they generally cost more. I’m personally not that worried about the standard Illustration Rates bloating the set prices, but that’s probably just coming from someone who doesn’t complete sets. Even so, I’d be surprised if they cost much more than the ex’s. I can see people being more excited about completing sets either way, but I imagine chase cards like the Illustration Rares for Gardevoir ex and Miriam will end up being the biggest barriers most of the time.
If Pokémon increased the pull rates of English boxes, perhaps I’d buy an Elite Trainer Box once or twice a year. I’m usually a singles collector and a TCGPLAYER buyer as a rule, and my budget is probably one of the lowest on the server, but I bought a blister pack of Astral Radiance about a month ago, while in another country, and pulled a Frosmoth Character Rare, which was a nice souvenir. So, yes, I do enjoy opening sealed product on occasion, and while guaranteed Holos would likely encourage me to buy another blister, increased ex or Illustration Rare pull rates might encourage me to buy an entire ETB.
A whale is someone who spends a significant amount of money in a hobby.

The issue is that if they are changing secret rares to be anything beyond a regular ultra rare, it is leaving me wondering if they will also change things to match Japan's pull rates. In Japan, a booster box usually gives you 3 trainer galleries, about 4 ultra rares, and 1 secret rare. The issue is for them, a secret rare is anything from a generic 5ban full art to a rainbow rare or alt art. It's why some japanese SR's are stupidly expensive.

If they make secret rares 1 per english box, it'd be an incredibly rip-off and scam. The reason why Japanese boxes aren't terrible value (at MSRP anyway) is because they're generally only about 40-50 a box.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Iron Treads like many of the other beloved Pokemon of modern age has been created with the same innovative, modern and exciting design elements that make the newer Pokemon of this generation sharply stand out from the crowd of all the other 1000 Pokemon. Here are some of his most fascinating traits: Round.
[clap clap clap clap clap] I couldn't explain it better myself.