Finishing a Xerneas BREAK Deck for my Girlfriend

Agidyne

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all! I got my gf into the pokemon tcg about 2 years ago and we have been playing ever since. we still haven't moved into the most recent rotation yet and I would like to help her make a new deck. She is currently playing a fairy deck with xerneas/xerneas EX/aromatisse. At first I was planning on making her a rainbow force xerneas deck only to find that each of those xerneas cards is $12-$15. So now, I want to basically just update her current deck to make it standard legal. Here is a general idea of what I am thinking:

Pokemon:
Xerneas (geomancy) 4
Xerneas Break (STS) 4
Xerneas EX (This was reprinted right?) 4

Trainer:
4 sycamore
2 N
2 Lysander
3 Ultra Ball
4 Max elixir
3 fairy garden

Energy:
8 Fairy
4 DCE

I am aware that this list is missing lots of card, it is still a work in progress. I want to make this deck as viable as possible without spending a ton of money. I would appreciate it if anybody had some input on things to make this deck function as smoothly as possible. Thank you!

I would add super rod, and couple of trainer's mail, oh and vs seeker if you have some, octillery or shaymins for draw power

I forgot to list VS seeker. super rod and trainers mail sound like a good idea! and i was thinking about octillery! thanks!

Make it 4 Ultra Ball for consistency sake. You want 4 VS Seeker, 4 Max Elixir and 4 Trainer's Mail. Luckily they went down a little bit in price. I agree with the Shaymin or Octillary. If you do Shaymin, add 1 or 2. If you do Octillary, do a 2-2 line minimum. You might want to add some other attackers as well... Maybe Versatile Mew (which just got a reprint and will be legal in a few weeks)? It is an EX with low HP, but with its ability you can use it to attack like Xerneas, and it will give a psychic weakness for Mewtwo. You'll want to look into Brock's Guts when it finally is legal in November I believe? A super Super Rod haha.

Since Xerneas EX cannot use one of its attacks next turn, maybe throw in some float stones to get them out of there? Don't let them be an easy target. If not Float Stone, maybe Fighting Fury Belt for 40 extra HP and 10 more damage? I would also add more Fairy Energy. Because if Xerneas Break hits for 20x the number of energy, and you are running 8, the max you can do with it is 160. Plus, you have to know that some of the energy will get prized. I would also add one more Fairy Garden (if you have an extra spot you need to fill) so you have a chance of winning Stadium Wars. Or maybe Delinquent?

With making this a strict Xerneas deck you have a lot of room to do some creative things. I hope I get to see what you guys come up with when it is finished!

This thread has been moved to the TCG Player Help and Advice forum because the poster is seeking help building a deck rather than feedback on a complete, sixty card deck. The Deck Garage is for critique and feedback of complete decklists. When you have created a completed, sixty card decklist, you are welcome to create a new thread in the Deck Garage. If you have any questions please contact any of the TCG Forum Staff privately.

--My Little Keldeo

I would also add more Fairy Energy. Because if Xerneas Break hits for 20x the number of energy, and you are running 8, the max you can do with it is 160. Plus, you have to know that some of the energy will get prized.

Thanks for the good advice! I will definitely take what you said into consideration. I just wanted to point out that xerneas break's attack does 20 x the amount of "energy", not "fairy energy". So the 4 DCE will contribute to the damage

P.S. Sorry for posting in the wrong place. thanks for moving it for me Keldeo

Thanks for the good advice! I will definitely take what you said into consideration. I just wanted to point out that xerneas break's attack does 20 x the amount of "energy", not "fairy energy". So the 4 DCE will contribute to the damage

P.S. Sorry for posting in the wrong place. thanks for moving it for me Keldeo

You're completely right! I forgot that it is for energy, not just fairy energy. Sorry! I wish you good luck on the deck. Xerneas Break can be a monster.

Hi everyone! I'm the above mentioned girlfriend. Thank you everyone for all your input and advice! I just completed the list (finally 60 cards! woohoo!) Here it is. Please let me know what you think! Thanks :)

Pokemon (14)
Xerneas (geomancy) 4
Xerneas Break 3
Xerneas EX 3
Remoraid 2
Octillery (Abyssal Hand) 2

Trainer (34)
Sycamore 4
N 2
Lysandre 2
Ultra Ball 4
Max Elixer 4
Fairy Garden 3
VS Seeker 4
Super Rod 1
Trainers Mail 4
Fairy Drop 2
Fighting Fury Belt 3
Teammates 1

Energy (12)
Fairy 8
DCE 4

The deck list looks pretty good I think! You'll have a better idea of it the more you play with the deck, and the things that you want to change. Thanks for posting the final product! Good luck in your competitive play!

Back