• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fighting Fury Bats (Lucario EX/Crobat)

AuraStormLucario

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I've been working on a deck (here http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/lucario-ex-crobat.133139/ ) for a while now, and have made a decent amount of edits. This is the list I'm using at the moment, however, theres many many things I'm unsure about.

Pokémon: 16
  • 2 Lucario EX
  • 1 Zygarde EX
  • 2 Hawlucha FIF
  • 1 Carbink FAC
  • 2 Crobat PHF
  • 3 Golbat PHF
  • 3 Zubat PHF
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Korina
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers Mail
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Fighting Stadium
Energy: 11
  • 7 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
The deck is pretty consistent, I dont draw dead often, and on PTCGO I've won 33/45 games, however I still feel that there is ways I can improve this list, I just cant settle on what exact changes to make. As for pokemon, my 3-3-2 bats lineup has been working like a charm, and having 2 shaymins has worked very well for me. As for fighting types though, I cant settle on what quantity of Lucario, Zygarde, and Hawlucha I want to run (as for the one carbink, it serves its purpose, but one is enough). For trainers, having 3 sycamore, 3 korrina, and 2 N, has worked very well, however as for the rest, I've tried many combinations of Lysandre, AZ, Xerosic, Hex Maniac, and I cant decide which one is working best. For other trainers, 4 VS seekers are a must ofc (though 3 can work i suppose), Having 3 FFB and Trainers mail has also worked perfectly. As for other items, my lineup of 3 Ultra and 2 Level balls works well, although I don't know if its optimal. I like having 1 super rod and 1 escape rope, they've saved me on numerous occasions. As for Super Scoop Up, and AZ for that matter, I have no clue how many of both I like running. Basically, in my mind at least, I have a skeleton list of what exactly I want to run, but I'm having trouble filling in the blanks. The skeleton list is posted below: (the quantities for everything in the deck are the minimum amounts I would run).

Pokémon: 14
  • 1 Lucario EX
  • 1 Zygarde EX
  • 1 Hawlucha FIF
  • 1 Carbink FAC
  • 2 Crobat PHF
  • 3 Golbat PHF
  • 3 Zubat PHF
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 22
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Korina
  • 2 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Trainers Mail
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Fighting Stadium
Energy: 11
  • 7 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Empty Spots: 13

Do note, the quantities in my skeleton list are the minimum amount of what I would run, and with 15 empty spots, of course I would make some of those quantities more consistent. In short, I'm having trouble filling in the blanks, and countless rounds of trial and error doesn't seem to yield a list that feels just right. So with that said, I would really appreciate some help or advice, (not people downright criticizing my list without offering advice, or people telling me not to run this, and short snarky one-liners don't qualify as any legitimate help either), and tips in the right direction concerning what I should run. Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Current edits to skeleton list:
+1 Lucario EX
+1 Zygarde EX
+1 Hawlucha FIF
+1 AZ
+1 Hex Maniac
+1 VS Seeker
+1 Trainers Mail
+1 Fighting Fury Belt
+1 Ultra Ball
+2 Level Ball

Remaining Empty Spots: 2

Last edited:

DATfairy

Aspiring Trainer
Personally, I would play 2 Zygarde-ex and only 1 Lucario-ex ( simply for trevenant decks and mewtwo, who both make short work of lucario due to weakness and in case of trevenant also fighting resist). 2 hawlucha's are fine.

As for ideas for your other blanks/things you could consider:

• Most decks max out on ultra balls, since they find you anything you want. perhaps maxing out from 2 to 4 ultra balls can help you?
  • trainers mail is also something I would personally max out or run at least 3 of. so +1-2
  • You say you have some trouble to decide the correct supporter amounts: Lysandre 1-2, all the others work best as a single copy ( AZ/Hex/Xerosic).
  • Your amount of scoop ups depend on how bad you need your bats for a KO. Batman/wobbubats need them for KO's so they run 4 copies. But do you find yourself to miss a KO by 20/30 hp a lot? The answer to that decides how many scoop ups to run ( and you also have AZ for that matter most likely).
  • Run that 4th vs seeker. There is no good reason I can see for this deck not to do so.
  • 2-3 level balls are fine in a deck utilising bats. so is a copy of brigette to instantly put 3 zubats on the bench, ready for whenever you need the extra damage.
  • Perhaps, as a failsafe, consider a focus sash.
These are just some possible options you could toy around with, I hope it is useful :)

AuraStormLucario

Aspiring Trainer
Personally, I would play 2 Zygarde-ex and only 1 Lucario-ex ( simply for trevenant decks and mewtwo, who both make short work of lucario due to weakness and in case of trevenant also fighting resist). 2 hawlucha's are fine.

As for ideas for your other blanks/things you could consider:

• Most decks max out on ultra balls, since they find you anything you want. perhaps maxing out from 2 to 4 ultra balls can help you?
  • trainers mail is also something I would personally max out or run at least 3 of. so +1-2
  • You say you have some trouble to decide the correct supporter amounts: Lysandre 1-2, all the others work best as a single copy ( AZ/Hex/Xerosic).
  • Your amount of scoop ups depend on how bad you need your bats for a KO. Batman/wobbubats need them for KO's so they run 4 copies. But do you find yourself to miss a KO by 20/30 hp a lot? The answer to that decides how many scoop ups to run ( and you also have AZ for that matter most likely).
  • Run that 4th vs seeker. There is no good reason I can see for this deck not to do so.
  • 2-3 level balls are fine in a deck utilising bats. so is a copy of brigette to instantly put 3 zubats on the bench, ready for whenever you need the extra damage.
  • Perhaps, as a failsafe, consider a focus sash.
These are just some possible options you could toy around with, I hope it is useful :)

Yeah, I like everything you're saying, and I did max out VS Seeker, and add another copy of Trainers Mail, Ultra Ball, and FFB to my skeleton list. As for a balance between Zygarde EX and Lucario EX, im going to try out 2 of each, for the sake of consistency. As for other supporters (AZ / Hex Maniac / Xerosic / Brigette), they would of course each be a one of copy, however, my trouble is determining which ones I need most.

DATfairy

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely find a place for hex maniac and AZ first, they can both turn losses/bad situations into wins/advantages.
Xerosic is nice in case you run into focus-sash/other fighting fury belt users, to remove annoying DCE's/DD energies, or to shut off garbodors who would nullify carbink's EX protection or your shaymins/bats.

With a good drawpower Brigette is needed the least imo and should be the first optional card to cut out of your list when deckspace gets tight.

AuraStormLucario

Aspiring Trainer
So at the moment, the list at the bottom of my OP, I have three remaining spots, and thats where I'm really struggling to decide what I should use. Hex Maniac, Xerosic, Startling Megaphone, Hammers/Head Ringer, a 2nd Lysandre, a 4th Trainer Mail, Super Scoop Ups, a 3rd Fighting Stadium, Focus Sash, Giovani's Scheme, Acro Bike, even a single copy of Carbink Break or Jirachi XY67. I'm honestly not sure, even after another day of testing, what has been able to work best for me, they're all useful to some degree.

EDIT: Right now, I'm trying a combination of Hex Maniac, Startling Megaphone, and Xerosic/2nd Lysandre/3rd Fighting Stadium/1 Super Scoop Up, for my last three cards, and its working well, its still not perfect though, and im not quite sure about my final slot.

Last edited: