• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fight Alone Lucario

felinefine

see you later space cowboy.
I feel like 4-4 Lucario, 1 Coballion, 2 Kleki, and 4 Talonflame is a good option, anyone have objections?

(Or Suggestions)

Last edited:

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like 4-4 Lucario, 1 Coballion, 2 Kleki, and 4 Talonflame is a good option, anyone have objections?
i like it, buti dont like having talonflame, yes for starting with him its amazing, but having him dead draw late game kill me >< i hate that, so i have 3-4 unown instead
it's preference but yours is good too! if you like having talonflame in it

felinefine

i like it, buti dont like having talonflame, yes for starting with him its amazing, but having him dead draw late game kill me >< i hate that, so i have 3-4 unown instead
it's preference but yours is good too! if you like having talonflame in it
Ok, in Greninja someone suggested Talonflame so I tried it out and I start with it about 2/3 of the time and I play 5 other basics. I know I have 7 suggested but even if I don't start with it:

1# Im playing at least 1 Escape Rope

2# Talonflame still in my deck is free Ultra-Balling

So all in all to me it is a good trade-off

Thx for replying:)

Snek

AHHH!
No offense but a fight alone build should look like this.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Klefki STS 80
* 4 Riolu FAC 45
* 4 Lucario FAC 63
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 3 Exp. Share NXD 87
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Level Ball AOR 76
* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue BKT 135
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 N FAC 105
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 3 Captivating Poké Puff STS 99

##Energy - 8

* 8 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
or this
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 4 Riolu FAC 45
* 4 Lucario FAC 63

##Trainer Cards - 41

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue BKT 135
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Captivating Poké Puff STS 99
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 N FAC 105
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104
* 3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89
* 3 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 7

* 7 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

These deck lists are consistent. Your decks look good on paper but they would fail once they made it to competitive play because of no consistency. Have a good day and no offense but you need to think of a consistence deck. have a good day.

Huh..

I remain unconvinced of Talonflame's efficacy in this deck. Fight Alone sets up well enough on its own without it. And as I've said time and time again, Talonflame creates dead draws and reduces Lucario's damage output unless your opponent knocks it out. I guess you could settle for 60 less damage... if you think you can do without it. But I don't.

In the first list, Parallel City needs to go. There's absolutely no point to running it in this deck. Unown, too, just looks good on paper. I've tried every count of Unown in this deck, and now I wouldn't go any higher than one. The problem is that a high count of Unown dramatically worsens your chances of getting a good start.

Ultra Ball is my final point of contention with your lists. I have tried it in this deck, and find that I much prefer Level Ball and Evosoda. There's nothing in my list that I'm terribly eager to discard. It can actually cost you the game having to discard crucial cards from your hand just to find Lucario. There's no Shaymin or Octillery in this deck, so there's really not any benefit to discarding anything other than a Lysandre or Hex Maniac to VS Seeker up later.

Last edited:

felinefine

Huh..

I remain unconvinced of Talonflame's efficacy in this deck. Fight Alone sets up well enough on its own without it. And as I've said time and time again, Talonflame creates dead draws and reduces Lucario's damage output unless your opponent knocks it out. I guess you could settle for 60 less damage... if you think you can do without it. But I don't.

In the first list, Parallel City needs to go. There's absolutely no point to running it in this deck. Unown, too, just looks good on paper. I've tried every count of Unown in this deck, and now I wouldn't go any higher than one. The problem is that a high count of Unown dramatically worsens your chances of getting a good start.

Ultra Ball is my final point of contention with your lists. I have tried it in this deck, and find that I much prefer Level Ball and Evosoda. There's nothing in my list that I'm terribly eager to discard. It can actually cost you the game having to discard crucial cards from your hand just to find Lucario. There's no Shaymin or Octillery in this deck, so there's really not any benefit to discarding anything other than a Lysandre or Hex Maniac to VS Seeker up later.
All good statements. Honestly I haven't actually played this deck yet but have been brainstorming for the past few days. But remember Talonflame does do 40 damage and can substitute benching that Riolu that can't survive that one attack. I agree with what you said about Ultra-Ball but It should be more useful if you play Talonflame as it can discard non-useful cards to get the cards you need late game in your case.

Thx, for the replies:p

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
All good statements. Honestly I haven't actually played this deck yet but have been brainstorming for the past few days. But remember Talonflame does do 40 damage and can substitute benching that Riolu that can't survive that one attack. I agree with what you said about Ultra-Ball but It should be more useful if you play Talonflame as it can discard non-useful cards to get the cards you need late game in your case.

Thx, for the replies:p
He was talking to TheDeckWizard74 xD

WuBMaYNE

Aspiring Trainer
So I got first at a recent league challenge with this deck, I used the same list that I was having a lot of success with on PTCGO. I ran 4-4 Lucario, 3 Klefki, and 1 Jirachi, and the Jirachi came in really handy. Every time I got Jirachi in play he was priority number one for my opponents and it gave me plenty of time to build up my next Lucario, while also preserving my active one. I played 3 Exp Share, 3 Buddy Buddy Rescue, and 4 Poke Puff.

Snek

AHHH!
So I got first at a recent league challenge with this deck, I used the same list that I was having a lot of success with on PTCGO. I ran 4-4 Lucario, 3 Klefki, and 1 Jirachi, and the Jirachi came in really handy. Every time I got Jirachi in play he was priority number one for my opponents and it gave me plenty of time to build up my next Lucario, while also preserving my active one. I played 3 Exp Share, 3 Buddy Buddy Rescue, and 4 Poke Puff.

That's awesome news! Which decks did you play against? Do you know which decks made the top cut?

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
Hxos have a great day and I will be there at the same time I don't have a great day and I will be there at the same time I don't have a great day and I will be there at the same time I don't have a great day and I will be there at the same time I don't have a great day and I will be