BW/BW2 Fifth gen stat evaluation (Updating with 'Dream World' Abilities + moves)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew the source of all

Just keep on trying!
This is how I feel the fifth gen is looking just looking at stats.

Note 1: I am ignoring all abilities that are unknown
Note 2: I am not including the Dream World abilities at this time (I am working on it though and some already have them)

EDIT 1: I have now added my evaluations of all the Legendary Pokemon
EDIT 2: Since there is a large debate on the usability of the starters I have decided to elaborate on my previous vague comments on all three of the starters, including completely redoing Daikenki's.
EDIT3: I am now including ‘Dream World’ abilities, and the attacks that are listed on Serebii. This includes Jaroda through Doryuzuu and Erufuun.

Pokemon fifth generation initial evaluation

Jaroda: This pokemon has impressive and decent defenses, however its attack stats are less than admirable. It will be good for speedy disruption, with the right move pool. Its speed can support status inflicting moves like Leech Seed. However its level up attacks don’t really help him in this instance, though he does have access to some hard hitting attacks like Leaf Storm, and likely has Substitue to aid him in his reign. Furthermore his ‘Dream World’ ability is a new ability called ‘Perversity’ which reverses stat changes, which aids Leaf Storm to get stronger with each hit.

Enbuoo: This pokemon is a little depressing, while it has good offenses and high HP, its defenses and speed suffer, come back again auto-bacon, only with better speed or defense. Fire pokemon already having rather common weakness, as well as Fighting type, a pokemon like Enbuoo requires high speed to outrun threats, or high defenses to take a few hits, unfortunately Enbuoo supports neither, and thus lets down its massive Attack stats. However he does have an attack to redeem him if it is pulled off quickly, Nitro Charge, which increases his speed, thus making him easier to use. He also has a decent move pool via level up, and a ‘Dream World’ ability that boosts ‘recoil’ attacks at the cost of taking more damage.

Daikenki: Daikenki boasts larger Attack stats, and rather mediocre defenses and speed, and looking at the tough competition this generation things aren't exactly looking too good. That being said he still has a chance to take a predominant stance in OU, or at least UU if he gets usable stats. He does boast some usability with moves though. He has both Swords Dance to power up, and the reliable Aqua Jet to hit with. Other useful attacks are Megahorn and Revenge. His ‘Dream World’ ability is Shell Armor, which is an alright ability, but it isn’t as useful as Perversity or Reckless.

Muurando: Good attack and nice defenses would normally not be able to cut it with only 85 base speed, but Sand throw may change this puppy’s luck around. His level up moves do boast the powerful Reversal to destroy an opponent when he’s badly damaged, and he also packs the elemental Fangs for extra coverage. Unlike the sarters he wasn’t as gifted with its ‘Dream World’ ability, Scrappy, which allows Normal type attacks to hit Ghosts, can anyone say boring. Well it is when compared to the speed given by Sand Throw.

Reparudasu: Dark pokemon have a hard time making a good pokemon, and this cat is no exception, the only stat worth looking at is speed, other than that nothing even breaks 90, sorry kitty cat, but you’ll receive no hugs here. Unfortunately its level up moves still don’t help its case, as there isn’t much to combo together, even if it does have the magnificent ‘Mischievous Heart.

Yanakki, Baokki, Hiyakki: All that’s different between these three is type and look, but that won’t save them here. They do have okay speed, and decent offenses, but they aren’t looking to be quiet the best out of this generation. Unfortunately their level up moves still don’t makes them exciting as all they are are simply bland and boring.

Musharna: Good defenses, high HP, and high Special Attack, but little speed. It has the potential of being usable, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Its attacks aren’t entirely bad, but they don’t have to much appeal, however it does know Hypnosis (which has returned to 70 Accuracy, YES!) Its level up moves may be borderline, but it still has the potential. As for abilities, they’re all just boring and relatively unsurprising, though Synchronize is good given the position it’s in. Another thing to note is that its ‘Dream World’ ability is Telepathy and may be useful in Double and Triple battles.

Kenhorou: These stats aren’t bad parse, but it would take a lot to outshine Staraptor, and he isn’t even OU anymore. The rather bland moves it learns don’t even hold a candle to Staraptor. Furthermore its ‘Dream World’ ability, Rivalry, is to situational, and doesn’t solve any of its actual problems.

Zebraika: Whoa! I was just hit and saw a flash of black and white, with yellow sparks…weird, but awesome. He’s fast, strong, has access to Pursuit, and Motor Drive, what more do you need. What’s that you can also get his ‘Dream World’ ability of Herbivore to immunize him from Grass moves and boost his attack, that’s just cruel giving me that kind of decision.

Gigaiasu: He looks cool, and his stats aren’t that bad, he’s slow as expected, has gargantuan defense and attack, but also has usable defense. All he needs now is a good movepool. Unfortunately like many Rock types, his level up moves don’t say much, though he does learn Explosion. Wait! What’s that? He has Sand Power to boost his Ground, Steel, and Rock moves in Sandstorm as his ‘Dream World’ ability? Things are starting to look up for you dude.

Kokoromori: Fast, but not much else. I thought it might rival Crobat, but its defenses are poor, and its offenses are lacking. However her ‘Dream World’ ability, Simple, makes its stand to make her good, as it doubles the effects of Calm Mind. You may just survive in this world yet.

Doryuuzu: This is what Steelix wishes it could be. Where he isn’t as defensive he does pack a punch, and he has two very nice abilities that compliment the popular T-tar. Sand throw makes him faster and Sand Power makes him even deadlier. What else do you want in a powerhouse? What’s that? He also has the ‘Dream World’ ability of Mold Breaker to get around the opponent’s abilities? The greatness never ends. On top of that he also learns Swords Dance if you weren’t pleased already. The best part though is that he has access to Rapid Spin who saw that coming!?

Tabunne: In my opinion it’s just another gimmick pokemon to replace Chansey, nothing more.

Roopushin: Another strong, but useless pokemon. His HP, and Attack, and his defense is usable too, but his special defense and lack of speed is his downfall, with that he won’t prevail too easily.

Gamageroge: Another weak Water/Ground type that wishes it could be as usable as Swampert. His problem is simple, other than his 105 bas HP nothing breaks 90.

Nageki: This guy has high HP, usable Attack, and decent defenses, but his speed really low at 45 base speed. He’s usable, but I don’t see much of a future for him.

Dageki: He’s faster, stronger, and less defensive than Nageki, but his loss in HP and his defenses cost him too much to dominate Nageki.

Hahakomori: Cool design, and she’s strong, but she isn’t fast nor defensive enough to escape its weaknesses, but at least it doesn’t have x4 weakness to rock.

Pendora: God this guy looks awesome. He has fast, and usable attack, but his HP is too shallow too survive any much of anything.

Erufuun: Her stats say bad, but her speed says otherwise, but that even fails when you see its Mischievous Heart ability. This ability allows you to get priority when using status moves, which means quick substitute and leech seed, as well as whatever else it can learn. Its Slip-through apparently goes through walls and barriers, but it really isn’t understood (unless it literally means barrier and Light Screen in which it would be useless) and its ‘Dream World’ ability Chlorophyll fails when compared to Mischievous Heart. All I can say is the sheep makes me want to cry tears of joy!

Doredia: Another grass pokemon doomed by average speed, and lower defenses. What an ashme since I really like it.

Basurao: Another basic pokemon with little potential, its entire career depends on the effect of reckless.

Warubiaru: Interesting type, decent speed, and good attack normally wouldn’t save him, but he has two large appeals. One double resistance to Electric, and Dark, and EarthquakeSpiral strengthening him with each kill.

Hihidaruma: This guy has a massive attack stat of 140 which is then even further boosted by its Encourage ability, however on the flip side of things its defenses are weak and a rather normal speed which can be easily resolved with a choice scarf. All in all I see a very bright future for this odd looking guy.

Marakachi: This guy is unimpressive, low speed, low defenses, and I feel that Water Absorb is wasted on it. You can pretty much ignore this thing as far as I’m concerned.

Iwaparesu: Wow! This thing is just plain cool coming. Where its stats boast a higher defense (as all rock types normally have) a decent special defense, and a decent attack stat this guys real attraction is in the typing. He has a single weakness to water and that’s all.

Zuruzukin: When I first saw this guy I thought it was horrifyingly bad, but upon further examination I’m rather impressed. Being the second pokemon to support EarthquakeSpiral while being rather defensive is quite appealing. Furthermore it’s typing gives it only two weaknesses of Fighting and Flying. I’d keep my eyes on this one.

Shinporah: This guy is only slightly better than Kokoromori. It’s slower, but in exchange it gets boosts in its defenses and in its special attack.

Desukan: I think ‘mummy’ was the point that I decided, “This thing is going to wall and disrupt the entire game in a never before seen way.” Not only does it seal abilities on contact, but it has high defenses (it is a coffin after all) what’s best is the fact that it has a usable special attack stat to further its annoyance. Its only drawback is its HP, but as Dusknoir showed off HP isn’t always everything when it comes to walling. Obviously keep your eyes on this one, as it may be one of the best fruits of this generation.

Abagoora: I’m sure many are displeased at the fact that it’s another turtle. Well one thing is for sure it’s great looking. It comes with the high Attack and defense that a Rock types come with and like many of the rock types this time its special defense isn’t absolute garbage. (Thought it still is pretty bad) It also comes with the blessings of water types resistances, however it does have a x4 weakness to Grass, and weakness to Ground, but still this guy shows promise.

Aakeosu: Wow this thing is amazing. The only thing he can possibly be compared to is Aerodactyl. He’s slower by 20 Base speed, but in turn he gains more Attack, and a usable Special attack, so what else can really be said…well nothing, not until its ability is known anyway.

Dasutodasu: Well pokemon you’ve really outdone yourselves with this one. I couldn’t help, but chuckle at this one when I saw it. I’m kind of disappointed that it has such terrible stats actually. Anyway what can save this trashy scum…well there is always Broken Armor, which sounds useful anyway. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Zoroark: Everyone knows this guy! His attacking stats (speed, attack, special attack) are good and all, but it doesn’t look like it can take a hit. The breaking point for me is going to be weather his ability activates as you send it out or after. He has potential and that’s all that can be said.

Chirachiino: Also known as ‘cuter’ weaker Ambipom… Just look at it has almost identical stats (weaker defenses) and the addition of cute charm. The only determining factor for it is its move pool.

Gochiruzeru: Kind of like her, except for the fact that its ability is frisk, which gives insight on an opponent’s held item, but nothing else. It’s a little slow, but has good defenses and a usable special attack stat.

Rankurusu: Interesting… It has nice defensive abilities, and alright defenses. It has low speed, great special attack, and large HP. I’m still debating whether it’ll be good or not, but you should take a look at it at some point if you something different on your team.

Swana: I’m sorry Swana, but there is no redemption for you. Your stats are average at best, and your typing condemns you to obscurity, as you’ll always be outclassed by the beastly Gyrados, regardless of your mission.

Baibanira: ICE CREAM!!! How wish to say your good, but alas I cannot. Your typing and lack of speed banishes you into fields of obscurity. I apologize my sweet icy treat.

Mebukijika: This guy is just average. Good attack, good speed, okay defenses. Not much seem to set it apart other than its new ability Herbivore, which unless Grass attacks take the game by storm he will never catch on.

Emonga: Hey look its Pikach… er, I mean Emonga. Another generation brings a new Pikachu rip-off only this time it flies. It has good speed, the rest of its stats don’t fare as well. Well at least it isn’t Pachirisu.

Shubarugo: Ever want something with the durability of Forretress yet having the punch of Scizor? Well you’re in luck. Shubarugo has both great attack and great defenses. (in both not just one) ‘Sir Lance Beetle’ will spear your foes, and ride them around as a fancy little hat. Thank you Pokemon you have made my day.

Morobareru: The newest in pokeball inspired pokemon. A gimmick definitely, and unfortunately nothing else is really on its side here. Sorry fungi.

Burunkeru: This guy is bulky. He has high special defense and good HP. Its typing leaves it with four weaknesses, but 8 resistances including 2 immunities. This has potential, but its lack of speed doesn’t do it justice especially against its friend Tentacruel.

Mamanboo: Can anyone say bulky? Unfortunately it suffers from Wailord syndrome, where it has high HP and its other stats suffer, with its next highest stat being Defense at 80.

Denchura: Electric spider comes to save the day! Its typing is interesting to say the least. It has nice speed and good special attack. However its defenses are a little lacking

Nuttre: This guy is simply interesting. Being the first Grass/Steel he offers a unique type. Its typing yields results similar to Bug/Steel only with resistances to Electric, Water, and rock, a weakness to Fighting, and losing resistance to Ice and bug. His defenses are up there, unfortunately his HP and Speed are down, and he has a smaller Attack stat, but that can easily be rectified if it has access to Gyro Ball.

Gigigear: Man I love this guy. He has a bulky defense, high attack, usable special defense, and a moderate speed, which is better than what most Tanks have in their arsenal. This straight steel type is worth looking at once attacks are known.

Shibirudon: Holy…! Well if it isn’t the first non-Ghost/Dark type to not have a weakness well done mister lamprey. He not only has no weakness (until mummy), but he also has great attack stats, and usable HP and defenses too. His only lacking point is his speed, but I’m sure someone will find a way around that, such as Agility. Who knows maybe the low speed may even be a blessing. Regardless this is definitely a pokemon worth checking out, and it may just yield one of the most devastating pokemon yet. I salute you mister Lamprey!

Oobemu: How unexciting…He’s slow, has a powerful special attack, an okay special defense, and everything else…is…well…at 75. Not much to work with here and that’s about it.

Chandelar: My god! This guy is amazing! He has a multitude of weaknesses, but his usable speed, interesting type, and massive special attack stat easily even it out. What’s better is the fact that its abilities make it easy to switch into battle, by either burning the opponent, or absorbing a fire attack. The best part is it has many resistances, and defenses that don’t suck! I’ve never ever been afraid of a chandelier until now. :)

Ononokusu: One of the first fully evolved pokemon of the fifth generation, and he isn’t one to disappoint. His attack stat is only beaten by pokemon classified as an ‘uber’ and the three who just received some massive downfall which killed them, being Regigigas, Rampardos, and Slaking. Now that’s impressive! With interesting abilities, moderate defenses that aren’t quite as high as Garchomp’s, and only 5 les speed than Garchomp…This guy is going to have a bright future…maybe a little too bright.

Tsunbear: My only comment is look at Ursaring, then look at Tsunbear, then back at Ursaring, then once more at Tsunbear…Yeah you already know where this is going. *old spice theme*

Freezio: Bronzor, now in giant snowflake form, only he doesn’t have the awesome typing and ability skills Bronzor has. However he packs a high speed and usable special attack… Who am I kidding he won’t survive. Sorry snowflake.

Agirudar: Something just beat Electrode… That’s only happened twice, once by an bug, and again by a an alien virus, and now again by another insect. The difference here being he isn’t ‘ube’ and he has usable attack stat. Now weep in shame as there is now another speed demon that will conquer the world! *Maniacal laughter*

Maggyo: What the heck is this thing? Who thought making an Electric mud fish would be a good idea, it loses a grass weakness for a more common ground weakness? Why!?

Kojondo: Congratulations, you are now the second fastest fighting type, losing to Infernape by three points, and you beat his Attack stat, by a lot. We have here a contender. A contender with bad defenses, but still a nasty little devil. Best part it’s pink and purple! Take that manliness What are you going to do now, huh!

Crimgan: Why must such a cool looking guy have amazing stats, my favorite ability, yet be so slow. *sigh* What can a powerhouse do with only 45 bas speed, I mean really.

Gorog: Palindrome FTW! Anyway this guy has a great typing, with four weaknesses, four resistances, and a total of three immunities I can only say “wow!” It has reasonable defenses, a high hitting attack stat, and an unfortunate low speed. Well you can’t win them all right. Anyway keep an eye on this guy.

Kirikizan: This guy is just cool. First off he has three weaknesses, Fire, Ground, and x4 to Fighting. Next he has two immunities to Psychic and Poison. Finally he has a whopping 9 resistances of Normal, Steel, Dragon, Grass, Ice, Flying, Rock, Ghost, and Dark. Next he has a heavy defense of 100, a powerful 125 attack, and all other stats are decent. This guy is definitely of my list to watch out for.

Buffalon: The wannabe Tauros has arrived, and unfortunately like Tauros, he just doesn’t make much of an impact. Where Tauros was fast Buffalon isn’t, and if Tauros couldn’t cut it why would Buffalon.

Wargle: Oh how I hope Wargle will make a turn for the best. He has a high attack stat, decent HP, about average defenses, but unfortunately he has a lower speed, than many other flying types, however there is hope America, as our bird still has Encourage, which if handled well, and has a Choice Scarf he may actually scare you more than initially intended. You want to why? Because he represents ‘AMERICA!’ (As Bandit Kieth would say.)
Vuljina: A vulture, about time. This red-headed chick makes a more defensive stand than its Dark/Flying cousin Honchkrow. With high defenses to support its two cruel immunities, a great HP, and usable speed she may just be pecking at your corpse sooner than expected.

Kuitaran: *Gasp* Can it be!? Is it true!?! YES!!! An ANTEATER!!! Finally, and he isn’t the worst fire type out there, but he still isn’t that great. Unfortunately he’s a little slower, and he has lower defenses, but his offenses are nice, but that’s unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have much else. Still he looks awesome and that’s enough for me!

Iront: Wow another Bug/Steel type!? Pokemon sure likes that type. Well where Shubarugo covered all the basses, but speed, this guy has high Attack, Speed, and Defense. Where he’s easily outshined, by yours truly, Scizor, he isn’t that bad, and is worth checking out once moves are released.

Sazando: Its psudo-legend time, and its yet another Dragon, but this time with a twist, he’s part Dark, giving a fighting weakness (and a bug) in exchange for an immunity to Psychic, and resistance to Ghost and Dark, but wait there’s more as he also comes with Levitate adding a second immunity to Ground free of charge. Statwise things are pretty nice. Good speed, great defenses, high Attack, an even higher special attack, and a decent HP. All in all a very good pokemon who’ll do the psudo-legend label proud to be sure.

Urgamoth: One last pokemon before the legends. An unfortunate Fire/Bug combo leaves him vulnerable to Stealth Rock (hey there aren’t many this gen), however he only has two additional weaknesses to Water and Flying. He has great speed, an impressive special attack, and a high special defense. Last but not least he has flame body making physical attackers, who would normally destroy him, afraid to receive a burn. It’s a tough call, but I have high hopes for him.

That’s all of the normal Pokemon now on to the Legendary Pokemon.

Cobalon: The first of the quadruped fighting legendaries. This guy has one odd typing, it gives the three weaknesses, all of which are from Steel types weaknesses, It resists Normal, Grass, Ice, Bug, Rock, Dark, Ghost, Steel, and Dragon, and holds a single immunity to Poison, as all Steel types do. Unfortunately the offensive of this type combonation has already been mastered by Lucario, leaving the Defensive end to Cobalon. His Defense is wonderful, and he’s fast as all of the quads are, and his wide resistances might just make his future bright.

Terrakion: Where Cobalon takes the Physical Defensive Terrakion takes the the physical offensive. He packs a nice punch which is complimented by his high speed. The unfortunate side for him is that he has a total of six weaknesses, many of which are quite common place. However he might still be quite a force in the future.

Viridion: Viridion takes the special defensive of the group . Like Terrakion, Viridion has six weaknesses, including a times for weakness to flying. However some of these are quite rare to run into, such as Poison. Furthermore it has many resistances to common types, like Water and Electric. This is definitely worth looking into as are the other two when moves are released, the same goes ability wise.

Torneros: The first of the Raijin trio, and the first ever pokemon to be a pure flying type. He comes fully packed with 111 base Speed, 115 base Attack, and 125 in base Special Attack. Unfortunately not much can be said here; he has good resistances, and bad weaknesses, so you’ll just have to see what his move pool to determine which one to go with.

Voltros: Electric/ Flying type makes another graceful appearance this generation, this time offering the same greatness in speed and offenses as Torneros, only this time he gets free resistances to Flying, and Steel, and a neutralization of his Electric weakness.

Reshiram: The first of the version mascots. It goes without saying his stats are amazing, speed is the only thing not too break 100 base, and that’s close. Reshiram is the more specially oriented of the two dragons having 150 base in Special Attack, making one of the strongest in the game, however other ubers already dominate this range making it quite difficult to get a foothold. His only weaknesses are Rock, Dragon, and Ground, unfortunately these are relatively common, but regardless it holds a magnificent type holding five resistances.

Zekrom: The more Physically oriented of the version mascots. This gundam look alike boasts a monstrous physical Attack topping off at 150 base Attack, with the most notable consistent rivals being Rayquaza, Groudon, and Deoxys (who already holds highest offenses anyway), and having a much different approach than any of its competitors. He has a total of three weaknesses, Ground, Ice, and Dragon, which is fair enough and not as harsh as what some other Dragons get. He’s going to hold a very decisive spot in the ubers field, as he makes the smaller Physical portion more varied.

Landros: The last of the Raijin trio, holding the same typing as the popular Gliscor, having only two weaknesses, though one is more severe, and having more resistances and immunities than its brethren. He may be the more seen of the three due to his great typing.

Kyurem: The supposed third mascot of the fifth generation, and last of the normal catchable pokemon. He has evenly matched offenses each at 130 Base power, and he’s faster than the other version mascots, being able to hit either of there weak points for major damage quicker than they can hit his. Speaking of weaknesses, he has only four, Fighting, Rock, Dragon, and Steel, his resistances total at three blocking Grass, Water, and Electirc. Obviously he’s not supposed to be as defensive as the other two as he also has only 90 in both Defenses, though ironically he has 125 in HP. He’s an odd case that should be watched.

Now last on the list are the event legendaries of the generation (Victini’s here because his stats support him being one)

Victini: The first Event pokemon of the generation #000/#494, the Manaphy of the Generation. He’s quiet an interesting little fellow. Let’s start with his ability shall we. Victory Star ups all of your current fighting Pokemon’s accuracy, at first glance I thought whatever, but this ability is very nice as this allows more constant usage of lower accuracy attacks, such as Fire Blast to attack with bigger, or more effective damage. Next his typing. Fire/Psychic gives many common weaknesses, such as Water, and Rock, but offers many resistances in turn. Lastly his stats give 100 to everything, making him very versatile as many event legendaries before him. Victini means ‘Tiny Victory,’ yeah right more like a ‘Victory Martini!’

Kerudio Another Justice Horse, only this one’s a Justice Pony. She’s the Special Attacker out of the group. Its Water/Fighting typing is an interesting type combination, its four weaknesses are Electric, Grass, Psychic, and Flying, so two similar types, a common type, and an uncommon type, not bad. Resistances are Steel, Ghost, Dark, Rock, Ice, Fire and Water, totaling at 7 resistances, all of which are relatively common. Probably my favorite of the Justice Horse’s, is the Pony, or the Blue guy. Though overall they’re all quite interesting and worth a look.

Meloetta This thing is actually kinda cool. Its type has only been used once before on the abysmal Giragarig, which failed due to stats. The type has two weakess, being Dark and the rare Bug, and it has a resistance Psychic, and an Immunity to a would be weakness, Ghost. Quite nice, quite nice. Its stats are just phenomenal having decent Defense, great Special Defense, and Special Attack, a High HP count of 128 (to match its Special stats), and an average speed of 90. To top this green haired bad girl off is the amazing ability Serene Grace. All I can say is, “Please go into OU and don’t be Uber! Please!”

Genosect The last of the assigned event legendaries to the fifth Generation. This guy looks awesome, and he’s the third Bug/Steel type of this generation and the fifth to exist. He has a higher end speed, an higher defenses, and Attack stats of 120. His stats speak for themselves. I for one look forward and accept our new insect overlords.

RE: Fifth gen stat evaluation

The Fire/Bug Pokemon seems good with it's amazing speed, but a bug with special attack doesn't seem too good.

Wow, impressive list! Thanks for posting it! Looks very time consuming. :)

Nice! This is a really good and useful list, but there are a FEW I don't agree with (4 or 5) like the fire starter. His stats are 110 123 65 100 65 65. Compared to infernape, his attack stat is higher, and his special attack is lower by juuusstt 4. Plus, for his defenses, he's behind by 6. HP, he owns infernape, more than making up for his defense differences. And for speed... I think it would be possible to give him choice scarf to fix his speed a bit. But really, he can take a hit easily. And then he can totally annihilate you when he hits back. He has the most potential out of all of them, I think, unless someone all of the sudden made a bunch of physical moves for Daikenki. I think there's not much point in having such a high attack as well as special attack.. He's like a 0 risk poke. And I see no possible benefits for Jaroda.. If you can't hit hard, why try to hit first? He could've exchanged that high speed for super high defenses and then just been an awesome tank. But no. He had to be fast. Fast? Wall? Not going so well together. :)

Jaroda, is the terrible starter imo :/ With a choice scarf the fire starter could be nice, or it could try and be a tank. And the water starter could be good to use too.

There are some on the list in which I really, really love. And I'm sure I'll be searching for them when I finally get the game. Thanks for this list, really helpful in trying to make a team :)

GREAT JOB!frankly,im amazed!i've formed a team on this!it is:
daineki
doryuzzu
wargle
sazando
shubarugo
chandler
thanks,this helps a lot!great list FTW

Jaroda's stats make me rage harder than an Evil Team/Cynthia being in this game.

Psyburn- I'm disapointed too. Not to be mean to Torterra, Sceptile, Meganium, and Jaroda, we've never seen a good grass starter (Veny's a pretty good sleeper though). I was hoping Jaroda would be a super fast special attacker with like 60 hp, 35 attack, 60 defense, 150 special attack, 60 special defense, 150 speed. (I think it adds up right, at least.). That would've been awesome.

To be honest I don't really care much for any of the starters stats Enbuoo's a little slow for my tastes, Jaroda isn't quite specific, and Daikenki sort of fails in comparison to other water types. Of course each of them can flourish into fantastic beasts with the right move pool.

The reason I said Jaroda is best is if it gets the potential for subseed it can be amazing, and speed can be used to pull off most move sets so long as there are good attacks.

Anyway time to go work on the legends.

I swear I heard the Hallelujah chorus when I read Doryuuzu's stats. My favorite Pokemon of the generation + great stats = perfect powerhouse of my team :3

RE: Fifth gen stat evaluation (Legendaries evaluations added)

I highly recommend that anyone interested in 5th gen Competitive play visit Smogon. JESSAYIN'. Shanderaa: O. M. G. If you've read the DW abilites, this thing also gets Shadow Tag. And Substitute, and Calm Mind. Come in on a Choiced Normal or Fighting attack, set up a sub and 6 CMs, and you kinda auto-win. According to some dude on smogon, Max SP. ATK +6 Shanderaa OHKOs 252HP/SPDEF Tyranitar with Fire Blast. HOLY JESUS! Ononokuku: 147 Base Attack+ Swords Dance=BAN ME BAN ME BAN ME. The Hydra thing is like Latias except better. WAAYYYY more offense than defense in this gen. Also, more physical than special. Really though, there are 7 Fully evolved Pokes in this gen (not w/ Legendaries if I remember correctly) with at least 1 stat higher than Sally's attack. DANG.
tl;dr
Way higher stats than in other gens.

This generation isn't just more offensive oriented, but it also has a lot of pokemon with high attack and speed, with nice Defenses as well. It's like they saw how successful G-chomps well-distributed stats were and decided to make more like it. I personally am loving this generation stat wise and am seeing a large shift in the current meta-game.

Also, thanks for putting this together. I pretty much agree with everything you've said ;D

Im stuck. If i get crookodile3, its amazing. But drillmole is just as good, only off by one point, and more attack orietented. Either way i want to have the hydra on my team. The stats are really good and i want great movesets, or atleast tm wise.
Wish the monkeys became a little stronger. Ill still get them but unless they evolve next gen i dont see them in the metagame.
There are just to many good pokemon i cant fit. Makes me sad that my leaopard, dog, chandeleir, and ice cream are staying home.

@Frostwind:
By saying the chandelier is staying home, do you mean it's not good? o_O People on smogon are already crying for this thing to be banned! It's possibly more broken then Ononokusu. Also, Doryuuzu is arguably better due to it's ability. In terms of being a sweeper, at least. Wabiaru (I believe that's it) has Intimidate, which is cool, and Earthquake Spiral, which also cool, but Sand Throw is just SOOOOO good.

Heck no. Its amazing. I might get it on my team and its spectqacular. No idea on my fire type. Bit really, a ghost/fire user with amazing resistances and moves. So many different things to do with it....>:]
The croc is great to me. Stab earthquake is always good. And a resistance to electric and psychic means itll be good to switch in. Resason i chose it over drillmole. No damage at all is better then a strong psychic to a braindead steel type.

its pretty obvious tsutaja stats suck mijumarus are alrite.. but pokabu is the best with that really high attack and high hp he can take a hit and then hit harder!! idk why people dont asccept that pokabu is a badass and has the best stats out of the starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back