Ruling Feint Attack and Special Energies

BlazeGryph

Aspiring Trainer
EDIT: Fixed the title, I don't want to imply that I'm fishing for direct answers to the exam, but the rulings regarding Feint Attack and Special Energies still confuses me, and the example from the exam was the easiest example I had at hand. If anyone could help me out that would be wonderful! :]

Hello! I'm reattempting my Professor Exam early June after a close attempt I took right as finals were ending. My results were excellent but I ended up timing out. I've researched the concepts that gave me trouble but I'm still coming up sort of blank. Wondering if I could get any clarification here.

First of all, Feint Attack, such as on this Weavile here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Weavile_%28Undaunted_25%29

The question that gave me trouble revolved around Feint Attack and how it was affected by Aggron's "Guard Claw" attack:

Feint Attack: Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 30 damage to that Pokémon. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on that Pokémon.

Guard Claw: During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to Aggron by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Furthermore, the Weavile had Special Dark Energies and the Aggron had Special Metal Energies. How do all of these interact? Does Feint Attack cut through Guard Claw's effect AND the special Energy? Does Darkness Energy add to Feint Attack, and Feint Attack ignores the Special Metal Energies?

On that note, I'm wondering if Special Energies count as "an effect" on the Pokemon they are attached to, or if they are just part of the Energy in question and are not counted as an effect (like Guard Claw's damage reduction is, for example).

Thank you for the input! I'm positioned to ace the exam on my next go, so long as the Feint Attack questions don't throw me for as much of a loop.

BlazeGryph

Aspiring Trainer
Bump? Edited the title, as I mentioned in the edit I don't mean to imply I'm fishing for exact answers for the exam, I just don't know how this mechanic works with this many factors involved.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
I'm sorry, but we are not allowed to post answers pertaining to questions on the Professor's Exam.

BlazeGryph

Aspiring Trainer
That's fair, like I said this was just the example I had at hand.

Brave Vesparia, would you be able to tell me if the statements below are correct? I think I've been able to figure this out...

Feint Attack ignores special energy on the Defending Pokemon, such as Special Metal Energy.
Feint Attack gets the bonus from Special Dark Energy if it is attacking the Defending Pokemon, but loses the boon if attacking the Bench (it would only do base damage to a Benched Pokemon).

From what I can tell, Feint Attack goes over everything's head no matter what, such as extra text on Defending Pokemon attacks/Abilities. My main confusion was in regards to its interactions with Special Energies.

BlazeGryph

Aspiring Trainer
No problem. I do believe I figured out how everything works. There was just one little tidbit I was missing that I found on the TCG Compendium forums. :]