Mine's got to be a tie between
Boundaries Crossed
Neo Genesis
and Crystal Guardians
discus
✌☹✌

RE: Favorite English Set Name

Majestic Dawn.

That's all I can think of right off the bat. It sounds cheesy but awesome at the same time.

Neo Genesis
Aquapolis

Does Jamboree count?

Supreme Victors.
If you've ever seen the poster and tagline for the set, you will understand why.

...I'd find a picture of it but the Internet appears to be lacking, so I'll just tell you:
The tagline is "Your victory will be supreme".
I kid you not.

Hmmm...
Skyridge(sounds cool)
Legends Awakened(sounds cool)
Aquapolis(sounds cool)
Neo Genesis(Sounds cool)
Base(Fitting for the first set)
Stormfront(An awesome set with a cool name)
Deoxys (just.. to the point, y'know?)

No fair, this thread is only for English set names which are all dumb. The Town on No Map and Space-Time Creation were all sick names. Definitely better than Rising Rivals or [insert current main series game(s) here] which all sound like something a five year old made up.

If I have to pick an English set name, it would have to be Skyridge.

ComfortEagle said:
No fair, this thread is only for English set names which are all dumb. The Town on No Map and Space-Time Creation were all sick names. Definitely better than Rising Rivals or [insert current main series game(s) here] which all sound like something a five year old made up.

If I have to pick an English set name, it would have to be Skyridge.

That's probably because if we widened it to English and Japanese, the Japanese ones would be clear winners. In fact, they're all so good that it's very hard to pick just one.
Then again, it's better than the English set situation - they're all so bad that it's very hard to pick just one.

Jungle
Aquapolis
EX Holon Phantoms

And I agree that the Japanese names are much, much cooler.

Jungle and Fossil. Since English names don't have big titles like the jap sets, and are usually made of two words, I like these 2 because it's just a simple word that we can make an ideia of what the theme of the set is. Names like Rising Rivals and Supreme Victors are too generic.

Japanese names are definitely better. My favorite is probably The Furthest Ends of Offense and Defense (EX Dragon Frontiers).

Unseen Forces would have to be my favorite name. Base Set for the classic lolz pick.

dmaster out.

Base Set 2. Just because Base is 2 (see what I did there) short.

As far as Japanese set names go
We can't forget "Intense Battle in the Destroyed Sky."
✌☹✌

+1 for Japanese names being 20% cooler (at least).

Favourite English would probably be Aquapolis because whenever I think of it I just think of all these random pokémon hanging out in an underwater city. And not just water pokémon too, all types. If water pokémon can randomly hang out on the ground, all types of pokémon should be about to enjoy the amazing wonders of AQUAPOLIS.

Its looking like the fan faves are Neo sets and Expedition sets.

Emerging Powers. It's release goes along greatly, since I was still learning the ways of VGC at the time, and indeed, my power was emerging.

Neo-Genesis
Neo-Destiny
Skyridge
Aquapolis
EX Unseen Forces
EX Delta Species
EX Cystal Guardinas
EX Dragon Frontiers
Legends Awakened

Coolest set in my opinion, (though I don't think English really has ANY cool names, just Japanese. Lucky dogs) would be Stormfront, Triumphant, Crystal Gaurdians, and Neo Revelation

Back