Favorite Quote (Movies, Songs, Inspirational Quotes) NOT CHAT QUOTES.

Zenith said:
every single line from holy grail has been repeated so many times that the movie is no longer funny for me, which is a shame because the movie is fantastic

Actually not even 1/8 of the people I know have seen it, which I find rather sad (and I know a lot of people).

"Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."
- Plato

“The only possible conclusion the social sciences can draw is: some do, some don’t.”
- Ernest Rutherford

“Truth in science can be defined as the working hypothesis best suited to open the way to the next better one”
- Konrad Lorenz

"If a man would move the world, he must first move himself. "
-Socrates

Yes I happen to do the International Baccalaureate and I happen to actually like Theory of Knowledge ;0
But yeah I just find these quotes by people like Plato, Socrates, Albert Einstein etc just fascinating

"When worded correctly, the truth is never a cliche"

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

"Though we may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other." - Leon from Kingdom Hearts.
"There is always sleep between part and meet
With our usual words on the usual street
So let us part like we always do...
And in a world without you I'll dream of you.
When I come to, let us meet
With our usual words on the usual street." - Poem at the end of Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories.
"'Cuz the spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly." - Vanilla Twilight by Owl City.
"Sushi!" - Yung God.

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

-H.L. Mencken

Douglas Adams said:
There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.

"Ladies and gentleman, I am declaring a code brown" - All Crashing Plane Pilots

C.S. Lewis said:
It may be possible for each to think too much of his own potential glory hereafter; it is hardly possible for him to think too often or too deeply about that of his neighbor. The load, or weight, or burden of my neighbor’s glory should be laid daily on my back, a load so heavy that only humility can carry it, and the backs of the proud will be broken.

"May the odds be ever in your favour."
Anyone who has read/seen the Hunger Games will know what I'm talking about.

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!"

- Goku

AND

"I am the hope of the omniverse. I am the light bulb in the darkness. I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger. I am the Alpha and the Amega. I am the terror that flaps in the night. I AM SON GOKU AND I AM A SUPER *shot* Saiyan."

- TFS Goku

"All of the squirrels in San Diego are named Charlie"
-Something some random guy sitting at the next table over in the donut shop said very loudly.

"So that's what it does..." ~Phil Coulson, teh Avengers.
And of course the one in my signature. And
"Ever tried? Ever failed? Try harder, fail better." Or wait no, anything Loki or Tom Hiddleston say. Oh and
"Aren't ordinary people ADORABLE?" ~Jim Moriarty, BBC Sherlock.

Back