'Fates Collide,' America's XY10 Set!

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Lugia BREAK...

I WANT IT X3

Seriously though, why're they dropping BREAK from the set titles? They could have called it Destiny BREAK

NinjaBem

Aspiring Trainer
OH WOW! HYPE! I really think that Lugia BREAK will be very playable. Mega altaria? Bummer. When will they give us a stupid M Garchomp already? Whatever, Zygarde will be released with his forms? that will be weird I thought that in Japan on March 18th that the Zygarde battle deck would feature Zygarde EX or am I wrong? I can't wait to see Delphox BREAK assuming that it will be in this set.

For the unknown third mega evolution? Either Mega Audino or Mega Mawile. The one that doesn't get in the set, will probably get a box. The Alakazam and it's Mega are going to be so cool!

CharGarChamp

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I'm truly hoping the third mega is going to be beedrill. I love beedrill and he's always good (imo). A mega version of him is more than likely going to be nasty.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
To be honest I wasn't a fan of the first half all capital second half all lower case names, really Breakpoint is probably the worst set name ever, really the only thing it has going for it is the good design.

So I'm glad they changed the name, but really this is another dream set for me, pretty much every Pokémon revealed is a good choice. This one and Breakpoint both. Not so much Breakthough or Roaring Skies....

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
If Zygarde's in they could've simply called it AURA BREAK. It would've kept the trend and still made sense.

The perspective of a playable regular Basic Lugia gets me more excited than the BREAK one. Man, I'm tired of all these ultra bling rare cards. Just give me back galaxy holofoil, keep Full Arts for main set Pokémon and get rid of the rest. >.>

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
This means the regular Lugia basic card won't have good attacks. You will need the break card for it to be playable, which is a shame. It's been a long time since we had a Lugia regular card.

I like how they give basic legendary pokemon and other pokemon that don't evolve more hp these days. But the attacks need to be more easy to use. For example in break point we will have Suicune and Lapras both 120 hp but without acceleration they need three turns to attack, both being capable of 100 damage. At least make it two turns, to compete with EX cards.

I hope the EX cards are of pokemon who have not yet had a EX version yet only.

Last edited:

JRMFTW

Crazy Old Man
Oh wow this set is starting to look really interesting.

I do hope that Altaria Ex is Dragon type and M-Altaria Ex is Fairy type, would be a funny combination in a deck.

arulz

THE SEEKER
Lugia BREAK sounds awesome xD

however it kind of squanders my hope of evolution cards getting more of a buff...the worry being their thought process was:

"Guys the BREAK Pokemon are kind of failing. Evolution cards are too slow. How do we fix it??"

"Do we still print playable evolution cards?? Forget that, let's just make basics BREAK evolve!"

No full judgements yet, but I worry they're just getting lazy -_-'

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
nobody can say for sure, but personally I would bet on it being water fairy!

I'm not so sure about it. If they make both Altaria EX and M Altaria EX dragon type, i bet they'll keep the same energy types. However, if M Altaria EX is fairy type and Altaria EX is dragon type (I doubt they'd do it, it'd have more sense to make Altaria EX colorless instead), here it has sense to change the energy requeriments. But still it has no sense, since you'd have M altaria EX with a colorless energy after mega evolving.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
Basic BREAK Pokemon was only a matter of time. Get used to the idea, there will be many more in the coming sets.

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
Really hyped for other BREAKs. The BREAKs I'm going with are Delphox, Lugia, and Klinklang with 2 Other BREAKs.
OH WOW! HYPE! I really think that Lugia BREAK will be very playable. Mega altaria? Bummer. When will they give us a stupid M Garchomp already? Whatever, Zygarde will be released with his forms? that will be weird I thought that in Japan on March 18th that the Zygarde battle deck would feature Zygarde EX or am I wrong? I can't wait to see Delphox BREAK assuming that it will be in this set.

For the unknown third mega evolution? Either Mega Audino or Mega Mawile. The one that doesn't get in the set, will probably get a box. The Alakazam and it's Mega are going to be so cool!
M Garchomp is probably going to be a Promo because the Garchomp-EX is already made. So it may be similar to the Mega Swampert/Blaziken boxes. But it could be like the Sceptile EX tin where that one is a promo and then they make a Mega and a new EX.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Altaria, if it isn't colorless, will probably be Metal/Fairy I'd imagine, with Altaria EX probably only requiring Colorless energy.