'Fates Collide,' America's XY10 Set!

Maybe they realize that there are people out there who are annoyed by the fact that we'll be ten sets into the XY era and up until now we haven't had any form of Zygarde despite it being revealed before Diancie and Hoopa were. I mean even Kyurem was originally in the third set of BW.

Despite that when/if Z shows up I'm sure they'll have some forms to add to it like they did when Kyurem received the Black/White forms.

I wonder if M. Altaria will be dragon or fairy. Of course I wonder if Altaria EX will be dragon or colorless.

No way, there is going to be a stage 1 break? And It's the legendary Lugia? This is very odd.

And TPCi finally stopped breaking stuff. That's great.

Glad they finally decided to make a BREAK that comes from a basic, the mechanic is really weak as it stands.

As for M-Altaria, I'm hoping it'll be Dragon. The game needs more cards that can actually make good use of Double Dragon Energy and Hydreigon-EX.

I guess this does put to rest my theory that BREAK evolutions were additional evolutions for stage 1 and 2 Pokemon...and something tells me that Lugia BREAK will be better than some of those essentially stage 3 BREAKS.

I wonder if the 3rd Mega will be Zygarde? There is still a lot unknown (at least by me). Also, it's (continuing to be) strange that its forms have been announced for TCG before the main video game franchise...

First things first... Yeah, I thought the set would be called something like BREAKdown (as in Mental breakdown, cause y'know, Mega Alakazam is in the set and all)... and then the final Break set would be called like BREAK Up, lol...
I definitely prefer this name.

Anyway...
- The thing I'm mostly surprised about is Lugia BREAK. Not only is a Break evolving from a basic pokémon, it's from a legendary, no less. Lugia is one of my favorites, so this is exciting.
- The third Mega is probably Mega Audino from its Mega deck. It will be released at the same time as the japanese set, after all.
- There's also the Zygarde-EX deck coming at the same time, so that's where the Zygarde forms are coming from, I think. Unless the Perfect is exclusive to the deck, and the japanese set has the other forms (as regular pokémon, most likely).

Speaking of which, talk about odd choices. This is getting really weird with Zygarde:
- The next movie won't seem to feature Zygarde after all. It's being relegated to an anime arc;
- Zygarde is finally appearing in a TCG set (specially its Perfect forme), yet it is not the focus of the set;
- We're all expecting a third version/sequels featuring Zygarde but there hasn't been no announcement yet.

What the hell are they planning? My curiosity is killing me!

Last edited:
From the set name, it seems like we're going to end this strange TCG "story arc" of heroic Pokémon struggling to save dual worlds (I'm serious. Read the official set descriptions on the back of booster packs. Who writes this stuff?!) as those world, er, collide.

Nonetheless I'm glad we'll be seeing the release of Umbreon-EX. And Lugia BREAK? I'm interested.

That sucks they're dropping the BREAK from the set names, cuz now it makes BREAKThrough and BREAKPoint look really random. BUT it does make sense considering the dual world story they're vaguely telling with these sets. I guess the worlds are going to collide in this one.

Hope the Elite Trainer Box isn't purple again. Maybe a nice periwinkle. Or maybe a sandy yellow, like Alakazam's skin. Something different.

Lugia BREAK sounds really cool! I was hoping for more interesting BREAKs.

Either way, I'm hype.

Oh! interesting! Zygarde cards, M Altaria (finally), another M evolution, Lugia BREAK?! :p Why can't they just reveal more already :mad:

Lugia BREAK draws me in since the only Lugia I know about is EX so could we get an EX Break? Also 10 sets in and a good long while since ORAS dropped and I still dont have a Pidgeot EX and m Pidgeot EX.

Back