XY Faster way to Shiny Fossils: Soft Reset or Masuda Method?

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Hi guys, I'd really like to obtain a shiny fossil Pokémon so I was wondering what is the faster method between Soft Reset or Masuda Method. I used to save in front of the man who revives fossils, then make him revive 30 fossils and then soft reset if none of them is shiny, but I have not had any luck with this method. I have the shiny charm and all, so what is the faster method? Thank you guys! :)

I think that soft resetting is easier, but the odds aren't reduced. The masuda method reduces your chances, but is still unpredictable. Are you going to go competivtive? Then go MM. Otherwise, both have shown many shinys.

raichulover11 said:
I think that soft resetting is easier, but the odds aren't reduced. The masuda method reduces your chances, but is still unpredictable. Are you going to go competivtive? Then go MM. Otherwise, both have shown many shinys.
No, my shiny fossil is not going to be for competitive use, it's just for fun ;) They are both boring methods... :/

Do each method for 10 minutes and count how many pokemon you generate with it.

If soft-resetting doesn't generate 8 times as many, then MM is faster.

Mitja said:
Do each method for 10 minutes and count how many pokemon you generate with it.

If soft-resetting doesn't generate 8 times as many, then MM is faster.
In 10/12 minutes I make the guy revive all of my 30 fossils, then I reset... so I think reset is faster...

Hack them. there's a new pokegen that is super easy to use, and if you're just getting them "for fun" and don't want the boring and laborious process of SR/MM'ing, you may as well gen them.

grantm1999 said:
Hack them. there's a new pokegen that is super easy to use, and if you're just getting them "for fun" and don't want the boring and laborious process of SR/MM'ing, you may as well gen them.
I do it for fun, but I take pride in knowing that my pokemon were found by me, not generated by some machine.

Back