TCG Fakes Fan-Made TCG Set: XY Barren Aura

KingPig12

Now with 100% more pants
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
Hello everyone! This is my first thread post on PokeBeach.com. I have been working on this for the past few days now, and I think I have reached my final product. The following displays my set list, what the Ancient Traits do (It's Zeta, by the way), what the Trainers do, and the four Secret Rares!

If you could please leave any suggestions for improvement in the comments, that would be greatly appreciated! :D

XY Barren Aura (Set Focused on Zygarde)

NOTE- If a Pokemon has a number in ( ) next to it, it means it is an Ancient Trait card. The number represents what AT it possess, which can be found in the legend below the list.
1. Sunkern
2. Sunflora
3. Sunflora AT (4)
4. Tropius
5. Turtwig
6. Grotle
7. Torterra
8. Torterra AT Holo (1)
9. Carnivine
10. Petilil
11. Lilligant
12. Houndoom EX
13. M Houndoom EX (4)
14. Ho-Oh AT (1)
15. Chimchar
16. Monferno
17. Infernape Holo
18. Darumaka
19. Darmanitan Holo
20. Slowpoke
21. Slowbro
22. Slowbro AT (4)
23. Slowking Holo
24. Suicune EX
25. Piplup
26. Prinplup
27. Empoleon Holo
28. Empoleon AT (1)
29. Manaphy EX
30. Tympole
31. Palpitoad
32. Seismitoad
33. Seismitoad AT (1)
34. Clauncher
35. Clawitzer
36. Shinx
37. Luxio
38. Luxray
39. Luxray AT Holo (4)
40. Emolga
41. Nidoran (M)
42. Nidorino
43. Nidoking AT Holo (4)
44. Alakazam EX
45. M Alakazam EX (1)
46. Mew AT (1)
47. Mewtwo AT (4)
48. Latias
49. Misdreavus
50. Mismagius
51. Hitmonchan
52. Hitmonlee
53. Bonsly
54. Sudowoodo
55. Regirock EX
56. Terrakion Holo
57. Sneasel
58. Weavile Holo
59. Zorua
60. Zoroark
61. Zoroark AT (4)
62. Yveltal AT Holo (4)
63. Scizor EX
64. M Scizor EX (2)
65. Mawile AT (4)
66. Klink
67. Klang
68. Klinklang Holo
69. Mime Jr.
70. Mr. Mime AT (1)
71. Snubull
72. Granbull
73. Spritzee
74. Aromatisse
75. Xerneas AT Holo (1)
76. Gible
77. Gabite
78. Garchomp Holo
79. Garchomp AT (4) <------This would be the Prerelease card
80. Kyurem
81. Tyrunt
82. Tyrantrum
83. Zygarde EX (3)
84. Snorlax AT (1)
85. Aipom
86. Ambipom
87. Chatot
88. Rufflet
89. Braviary Holo
90. Helioptile
91. Heliolisk AT (2)
92. Ability Safe (Item)- During your opponent's next turn, your Pokemon's Abilities cannot be altered in any way.
93. Alakazam Spirit Link
94. Blazing Chamber (Stadium)- Once during each player's turn, they may search their deck for a Basic Fire Energy and attach it to one of their Pokemon-EX. They must shuffle their deck afterward.
95. Dark Protector (Item)- During your opponent's next turn, their Dark Pokemon's attacks do 30 less damage to your Active Pokemon. You cannot play more than one of this card during your turn.
96. Diantha (Supporter)- You may discard 2 cards from your hand. If you do, search your deck for a Pokemon and put it on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.
97. Fairy Shield (Item)- During your opponent's next turn, their Fairy Pokemon's attacks' effects do not affect your Active Pokemon
98. Houndoom Spirit Link
99. Muscle Band (Reprint from XY)
100. Pokemon Fan Club (Reprint from Flashfire)
101. Scizor Spirit Link
102. Super Rod (Reprint from Dragon Vault)
103. Team Flare Admin (Supporter)- During your opponent's next turn, he or she cannot attach any Basic Energy cards from their hand to any of their Mega Evolution Pokemon in play.
104. Terminus Cave (Stadium)- Each player's Dragon Pokemon cannot be affected by Special Conditons
105. Houndoom EX FA
106. M Houndoom EX FA
107. Suicune EX FA
108. Manaphy EX FA
109. Alakazam EX FA
110. M Alakazam EX FA
111. Regirock EX FA
112. Scizor EX FA
113. M Scizor EX FA
114. Zygarde EX FA
115. Diantha FA
116. Team Flare Admin FA

Legend:
(1)= Z Suppress- If this Pokemon has a Tool card attached to it, prevent all effects of attacks, except damage, done to this Pokemon by your opponent's Pokemon
(2)= Z Minus- If your opponent Knocks Out this Pokemon, they take 1 less Prize card
(3)= Z Break-This Pokemon does 20 more damage to the Defending Dark or Fairy Pokemon
(4)= Z Defiant- The effects of your opponent's Stadium cards do not apply to this Pokemon

The pack arts would include Zygarde, Mega Scizor, Mega Houndoom, and Torterra

If you read all of this, you're pretty rad;)

UPDATE #1- CARDS RE-ORDERED BY DEX NUMBER FOR POKEMON AND ALPHABETICAL FOR TRAINERS

Last edited:
Will these be text based or image based?

A 120 card set list seems a little over the top for a beginner faker - I'd try going for a smaller set first.

Looking forward to your cards!

Sounds like you have a lot planned! 120 cards is a pretty big set. I have two clarifying questions, before getting down to suggestions.
1) What does the (1) mean in "Torterra AT Holo (1)"?
2) Is this an image-based set? It sounds like it, from the inclusion of Secret Rares, Holos, and FAs, but I'm not altogether certain. (Never mind, Reggie just asked that)
Aside from that, I like the idea! If you're going so in-depth as to scope out booster pack art, I'm certain this will be a great project. Here are a few suggestions (not wording, I'm not the authority on that). Obviously you don't have to take any of them – they're just ideas:
1) Try using ζ instead of Z for your Ancient Traits. TPCi doesn't follow any particular case-sensitive format - it's just whichever is more recognizable. Therefore Alpha is lowercase α and not A, so it's not mistaken for an English A, while Omega is Ω (uppercase), which more people recognize. Sorry that was such a convoluted sentence; hopefully it makes sense.
2) In setlists, TPCi always goes by an order of type, and then within the type, Pokédex order. Trainers are alphabetical, with no separation between Items, Supporters and Stadiums. Thus, your Grass-type listing would be:
1. Sunkern
2. Sunflora
3. Sunflora AT
4. Tropius
5. Turtwig
6. Grotle
7. Torterra
8. Torterra AT (Holo)
9. Carnivine
10. Petilil
11. Lilligant
That's all for now! Looking forward to seeing your content!

Sounds like you have a lot planned! 120 cards is a pretty big set. I have two clarifying questions, before getting down to suggestions.
1) What does the (1) mean in "Torterra AT Holo (1)"?
2) Is this an image-based set? It sounds like it, from the inclusion of Secret Rares, Holos, and FAs, but I'm not altogether certain. (Never mind, Reggie just asked that)
Aside from that, I like the idea! If you're going so in-depth as to scope out booster pack art, I'm certain this will be a great project. Here are a few suggestions (not wording, I'm not the authority on that). Obviously you don't have to take any of them – they're just ideas:
1) Try using ζ instead of Z for your Ancient Traits. TPCi doesn't follow any particular case-sensitive format - it's just whichever is more recognizable. Therefore Alpha is lowercase α and not A, so it's not mistaken for an English A, while Omega is Ω (uppercase), which more people recognize. Sorry that was such a convoluted sentence; hopefully it makes sense.
2) In setlists, TPCi always goes by an order of type, and then within the type, Pokédex order. Trainers are alphabetical, with no separation between Items, Supporters and Stadiums. Thus, your Grass-type listing would be:
1. Sunkern
2. Sunflora
3. Sunflora AT
4. Tropius
5. Turtwig
6. Grotle
7. Torterra
8. Torterra AT (Holo)
9. Carnivine
10. Petilil
11. Lilligant
That's all for now! Looking forward to seeing your content!

I will definitely keep these things in mind. And yes, the set is image based.

The numbers next to the Ancient Trait cards represent which AT they possess. There is a legend near the bottom of the page.

I used Z rather than ζ because I thought more people would recognize it, but I guess what you pointed out makes more sense. And I will be sure to reorder the cards in order of Dex number

Thanks so much for your advice.

Back