TCG Fakes Falling Skies' Fake Factory

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Hello, anyone kind enough to read this. I've enjoyed coming up with fake cards for quite some time, and with nowhere to really put them, I decided to come here and make some. This is text-based, as I have no understanding of photoshop whatsoever.

Paras HP: 50 [G]
Basic
paras.png

NO. 046 Mushroom Pokémon HT: 1’08” WT: 11.9 lbs.
[C] Spore
The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

[G][G] Mind Release
Search your deck for a Pokémon that evolves from this Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon (this counts as evolving this Pokémon). Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C]

Mushrooms named tochukaso grow on its back. They grow along with the host Paras.

Parasect HP: 100 [G]
046.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Paras
parasect.png

NO. 047 Mushroom Pokémon HT: 3’03” WT: 65.0 lbs.
Ability: Spore Inhalation
While this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, if your opponent’s Active Pokémon has a [G] Weakness, treat that weakness as x4. If your opponent’s Active Pokémon is [R] type, treat this Pokémon’s weakness as x4.

[C][C] Repeated Slash 10+
If the Defending Pokémon is a Stage 1 Pokémon, this attack does 30 more damage. If the Defending Pokémon is a Stage 2 Pokémon, this attack does 40 more damage.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

A mushroom grown larger than the host’s body controls Parasect. It scatters poisonous spores.

Helioptile HP: 60 [L]
Basic
helioptile.png

NO. 694 Generator Pokémon HT: 1'08" WT: 13.2 lbs.
Ability: Quick Charge
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you attach a [L] Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon, you may attach a [L] Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Quick Charge Ability each turn.

[L] Battery Sharing
Move all [L] Energy from this Pokémon to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. Then, return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

The frills on either side of its head have cells that generate electricity when exposed to sunlight.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Heliolisk HP: 110 [L]
694.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Helioptile
heliolisk.png

NO. 695 Generator Pokémon HT: 3'3" WT: 46.3 lbs.
[L] Smash Turn 30
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

[L][L] Sudden Burst 70+
If this Pokémon evolved from Helioptile this turn, this attack does 100 more damage.

A now-vanished desert culture treasured these Pokémon. Appropriately, when Heliolisk came to the Galar region, treasure came with them.

Resistance:

Thank you for reading.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Welcome to the faking corner @Falling Skies! You've got some rather polished designs here and I'm loving that synergy and anti-synergy of the Spore Inhalation effect - such a fantastic spin on that weakness design space. Keep it up ;)

Falling Skies

The Traveler
How often is a good number of times to update this thread without flooding it?

Blipbug HP: 40 [G]
Basic
blipbug.png

NO.874 Larva Pokémon HT: 1;4: WT. 17.6 lbs.
[C] Radar Search
Look at the top 3 cards of your deck. You may reveal a Basic Pokémon you find there and put it into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

Resistance:

Often found in gardens, this Pokémon has hairs on its body that it uses to assess its surroundings.

Dottler HP: 70 [P]
824.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Blipbug
dottler.png

NO, 825 Radome Pokémon HT: 1'4" WT: 43 lbs.
Ability: Tracking Map
Once during your turn, you may look at the top 3 cards of your deck and put them back on top of your deck in any order you like.

[P] Data Search
Search your deck for 2 cards with the same name, reveal them, shuffle your deck, and put them both on top of your deck.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] -30

As it grows inside its shell, it uses its psychic abilities to monitor the outside world and prepare for evolution.

Orbeetle HP: 130 [P]
825.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Dottler
orbeetle.png

NO. 826 Seven Spot Pokémon HT: 1'4" WT: 89.9 lbs.
[P][P] Radar Ray
Discard the top card of your deck. If that card is a Pokémon (excluding Pokémon V and Pokémon-GX), this attack does damage equal to the HP of that Pokémon. If that card is an Item or Supporter card, use that card's effect as the effect of this attack. If that card is an Energy card, attach it to 1 of your Pokémon.

[P][P][P][C] Scan Blast 70
If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by this attack, draw 3 cards.

It emits psychic energy to observe and study what’s around it—and what’s around it can include things over six miles away.

Pachirisu HP: 70 [L]
Basic
pachirisu.png

NO. 417 Elesquirrel Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 8.6 lbs.
Ability: Static Sharing
When your Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, you may move an [L] Energy attached to that Pokémon to this Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Static Sharing Ability each turn.

[L][L] Crackle Shock 40
If this Pokémon has more [L] Energy attached to it than the Defending Pokémon has Energy attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. Then, discard all [L] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Resistance:

It makes fur balls that crackle with static electricity. It stores them with berries in tree holes.

I am admittedly a little worried about the power level of both these cards, albeit in opposite directions. I elected to lock Orbeetle's attack out of doing damage when targeting V or GXes so you couldn't just pitch something like, say, Eternatus VMAX and score a knockout on anything for 2 energy on a 1-prize attacker. However, the attack is somewhat random and Dottler only sort of fixes the problem. It's a card more meant for casual play, I wouldn't dare bring it to a serious setting unless we get a card like the old Magcargo again, and even then it may be underwhelming. Pachirisu, on the other hand, I'm hoping isn't too powerful. Garaunteed Paralysis is a little absurd, especially since Pachirisu self-generates. I want the card to be able to buy you a turn in a pinch, not lock the opponent out for several, hence the heavy discard cost that goes against the ability.

Thank you for reading, and any comments are welcome.

EDIT: How do I get rid of that weird double spoiler for Dottler? Editing it out isn't doing anything.

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
How often is a good number of times to update this thread without flooding it?
Short answer is as often as you like!
Longer answer is, if it's more than once a day, it's usually preferable to edit the update into your last post rather than making a new one — speedy double posts run the risk of the first one not being seen by people checking the thread for an update. But in general, don't feel constrained by not wanting to flood the thread! In actuality, flooding the thread is quite hard to do unintentionally. :p

Blipbug HP: 40 [G]
Basic
blipbug.png

NO.874 Larva Pokémon HT: 1;4: WT. 17.6 lbs.
[C] Radar Search
Look at the top 3 cards of your deck. You may reveal a Basic Pokémon you find there and put it into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

Resistance:

Often found in gardens, this Pokémon has hairs on its body that it uses to assess its surroundings.

Dottler HP: 70 [P]
824.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Blipbug
dottler.png

NO, 825 Radome Pokémon HT: 1'4" WT: 43 lbs.
Ability: Tracking Map
Once during your turn, you may look at the top 3 cards of your deck and put them back on top of your deck in any order you like.

[P] Data Search
Search your deck for 2 cards with the same name, reveal them, and put them both on top of your deck.

As it grows inside its shell, it uses its psychic abilities to monitor the outside world and prepare for evolution.

Orbeetle HP: 130 [P]
825.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Dottler
orbeetle.png

NO. 826 Seven Spot Pokémon HT: 1'4" WT: 89.9 lbs.
[P][P] Radar Ray
Discard the top card of your deck. If that card is a Pokémon (excluding Pokémon V and Pokémon-GX), this attack does damage equal to the HP of that Pokémon. If that card is an Item or Supporter card, use that card's effect as the effect of this attack. If that card is an Energy card, attach it to 1 of your Pokémon.

[P][P][P][C] Scan Blast 70
If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by this attack, draw 3 cards.

It emits psychic energy to observe and study what’s around it—and what’s around it can include things over six miles away.

Pachirisu HP: 70 [L]
Basic
pachirisu.png

NO. 417 Elesquirrel Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 8.6 lbs.
Ability: Static Sharing
When your Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, you may move an [L] Energy attached to that Pokémon to this Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Static Sharing Ability each turn.

[L][L] Crackle Shock 40
If this Pokémon has more [L] Energy attached to it than the Defending Pokémon has Energy attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. Then, discard all [L] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Resistance:

It makes fur balls that crackle with static electricity. It stores them with berries in tree holes.

I am admittedly a little worried about the power level of both these cards, albeit in opposite directions. I elected to lock Orbeetle's attack out of doing damage when targeting V or GXes so you couldn't just pitch something like, say, Eternatus VMAX and score a knockout on anything for 2 energy on a 1-prize attacker. However, the attack is somewhat random and Dottler only sort of fixes the problem. It's a card more meant for casual play, I wouldn't dare bring it to a serious setting unless we get a card like the old Magcargo again, and even then it may be underwhelming. Pachirisu, on the other hand, I'm hoping isn't too powerful. Garaunteed Paralysis is a little absurd, especially since Pachirisu self-generates. I want the card to be able to buy you a turn in a pinch, not lock the opponent out for several, hence the heavy discard cost that goes against the ability.

Thank you for reading, and any comments are welcome.
I like these designs! I think Radar Ray in particular is inspired — I've seen each of those effects individually before, but never all at once, and I think with effects that manipulate the top of your deck it can be really versatile.

Power-wise, I think you're fine. Excluding Vs and GXs from Radar Ray is a good choice, and so is the discard on Crackle Shock. If anything, you might be erring too far on the side of caution, especially if you're going for SS-era balancing. In Scan Blast, 4-for-70 on a Stage 2 isn't very good, and for an effect that only activates on a KO I'd want a bit more than 3 cards to justify setting it up. But I think you're in some great design space and it's clear you're thinking through the balancing, and overall it's good.

Lastly, as a couple of wording notes, I think you're missing a "shuffle your deck" clause in Dottler's Data Search, and both uses of "the Defending Pokémon" in Pachirisu's Crackle Shock should probably be "your opponent's Active Pokémon". There might be some additional SS-era wording changes, but I'm not familiar enough with those to say what they are offhand.

EDIT: How do I get rid of that weird double spoiler for Dottler? Editing it out isn't doing anything.
It happens sometimes with the forums' bbcode engine; as far as I know it has to do with splicing a spoiler tag in between another tag. In this particular case, it looks like you had a sizing tag around Dottler's name, but the opening of the tag (size=4) was outside the spoiler while the ending (/size=4) was inside it. I went ahead and removed the sizing tag for you entirely since it didn't appear on your other cards, but if you want to add it back in you can do that more precisely in the bbcode editor (the little wrench icon at the top-right of the post box).

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Two more for today.

Tentacool HP: 60 [W]
Basic
tentacool.png

NO. 072 Jellyfish Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 100.3 lbs.
[C] Gentle Sting 10
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

[W] Float Away 20
Return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance:

It drifts through the sea searching for prey. Its poisonous tentacles break off sometimes, but after a while, they grow back.

Tentacruel HP: 100 [W]
072.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Tentacool
tentacruel.png

NO. 073 Jellyfish Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 121.3 lbs.
Ability: Ultrasonic Waves
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may move an Energy card attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon to 1 of their Benched Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Ultrasonic Waves Ability each turn.

[W][C] Tentacle Lock 40
The Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Resistance:

It fires off ultrasonic waves from its red orbs to weaken its prey, and then it wraps them up in its 80 tentacles.

Drifloon HP: 60 [P]
Basic
drifloon.png

NO. 426 Balloon Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 2.6 lbs.
[P] Soul Stuffing
Choose 1 Pokémon card in your opponent's discard pile and attach it to this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card.

Its round body is stuffed with souls and expands each time it leads someone away.

Drifblim HP: 120 [P]
425.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Drifloon
drifblim.png

NO. 426 Blimp Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 33.1 lbs.
Ability: Soul Transport
This Pokémon can have up to 5 Pokémon Tool cards attached to it. (If this Pokémon loses this Ability, discard Pokémon Tool cards attached to this Pokémon until only 1 Pokémon Tool card remains.) This Pokémon gains +20 HP for each Pokémon attached to it as a Pokémon Tool card.

[P][C] Force Steal 60
Heal from this Pokémon the same amount of damage you did to the opponent's Active Pokémon. If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by this attack, you may attach it to this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card. (Discard all attached cards. If the Pokémon being attached in this way is an Evolution Pokémon, attach only the highest stage Evolution card.)

They carry people and Pokémon, but the wind can catch them, so there can’t be a fixed destination.

I think Memory Berry, or the newer versions like Celebi-EX or Vivid Voltage's Memory Crystal, are really fascinating in terms of design space, even if they don't see a particularly high amount of success given that most evolutions aren't designed around using pre-evolution's attacks. The standout deck that made use of them across the game's history is probably Flygon Lv. X Mill, which used Memory Berry on Trapinch's Sand Tomb attack to strand something active while Flygon Lv. X Milled them a card in between turns. Both these cards are designed to interact with Memory Crystal in some way, although their effects and other cards in the sword & shield era have some unintended synergy.

Tentacruel's feels fairly obvious. By using Memory Crystal to use Tentacool's Float Away attack, you can continuously re-use Tentacruel's Ultrasonic Waves ability to move energy off their active, alongside promoting a card like Galarian Weezing RCL or Dracovish DAA to further slow them down at the cost of only doing 20 damage per attack. In yet another instance of me kneecaping my own cards, I elected to keep Tentacruel's ability to a hard once per turn - I played in a format where Seismitoad-EX/Crawdaunt PRC was very good and with Vikavolt V in the format, I really don't want any repeats.

Drifblim's is again, very obvious. You want to use Drifloon's attack to slowly add Pokémon under it (or take easy shots with Drifblim's) so its HP gets bigger and bigger, capping out at 200 with a Memory Charm or 220 without. Perhaps a little high, although given how absurdly high damage numbers are these days most decks are likely able to hit that without much effort. You could combine it with cards like Gengar SSH, Indeedee V/Milotic DAA, and Pokémon Centre Lady to heal Drifblim repeatedly. Of course, it also noticeably powers up Whimsicott VIV's attack to the point where it could OHKO anything with the right setup. That is extremely strong, although without U-Turn Board it requires far too much investment to be worthwhile, and U-Turn Board is rotating soon.

I'm not sure on the wording for any part of the Drifblim line. Drifblim's ability feels like it's two abilities condensed into one, and while I'd really like to split them for clarity's sake, multiple abilities/powers/bodies haven't been a thing since DP. Additionally, the evolution clause on Drifblim's attack feels like a leftover on a pre-BW card, but given that this kind of effect hasn't really been seen before (and I wanted to have Drifblim have a way to attach Pokémon to itself so its ability makes sense in a vacuum) I'm not sure what to do about it.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Some cards to ring in the season.

Delibird V HP: 150 [C]
Basic
delibird.png

Ability: Present Frenzy
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, you may flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, draw a card. If the first coin you flip is tails, your opponent draws cards until they have 6 cards in their hand.

[C][C] Letter Bomb 40x
Discard your hand. This attack does 40 damage times the number of cards discarded.

V rule: When your Pokémon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Stantler HP: 100 [C]
Basic
stantler.png

NO. 234 Big Horn Pokémon HT: 4'07" 157.0 lbs.
[C] Reality Switch
Each player shuffles 2 cards from their discard pile into their deck, then discards the top 2 cards of their deck.

[C][C] Mesmerize
If your opponent's bench isn't full, you may choose 1 Basic Pokémon in their discard pile and put it onto their bench. Then, switch that Pokémon with your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Resistance:

The curved antlers change the flow of air to create a strange space where reality is distorted.[/COLOR]

Deerling HP: 60 [C]
Basic
deerling-winter.png

NO. 585 Season Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 43.0 lbs.
[C] Camouflage
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

[C][C] Snow Tracks
During your next turn, if this Pokémon would move from your Active Spot to your Bench, you may search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it onto your Bench. Then, you may switch that Pokémon with your Active Pokémon.

Resistance:

Their coloring changes according to the season and can be slightly affected by the temperature and humidity as well.

Sawsbuck HP: 110 [C]
585.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Deerling
sawsbuck-winter.png

NO. 586 Season Pokémon HT: 6'03" WT: 203.9 lbs.
Ability: Winter's Blessing
Once during your turn, when your [C] Pokémon moves from your Bench to the Active Spot, you may move up to 3 Energy cards from your Benched Pokémon to that Pokémon.

[C][C][C] Season-Changing Charge 100+
This attack does 40 more damage for each different type of basic Energy attached to this Pokémon. You can't add more than 160 damage in this way.

Resistance:

They migrate according to the seasons. People can tell the season by looking at Sawsbuck’s horns.

So, as it turns out, Stantler, despite being a reindeer, isn't a particularly wintery or festive Pokémon. I only realized this when I went to look at its Pokédex Entries and other cards, but it's just a deer. I kept the card because I had a more concrete idea for it than my original third choice (Abomasnow line), which got replaced with Sawsbuck. The fact that Sawsbuck only has three cards, and only two of its forms represented, is beyond tragic, so I decided it was time for the best Sawsbuck form to get a card.

These three cards are designed to have a sort of loose synergy with eachother, but I doubt Delibird/Sawsbuck would really take off beyond being a gimmick deck due to the nature of Delibird's ability being completely random, in true present fashion. Delibird is the first multi-prize fake I've ever made, as I'm not really a fan of the gimmick since it doesn't really add anything to a Pokémon's design besides bigger numbers in the same way Lv. X (or their spiritual successor, BREAKs) did. GXes and their GX attacks were cool, and at least early on the strongest ones took more effort to put into play, but then Tag Teams completely shattered that by being irredeemably broken.

I probably got the HP way off on Delibird, even Sableye V has 170. Given that Delibird is one of those Joke Pokémon, I'd think it would have less, but I'm not sure. You could probably keep the ability to a once-per-turn, but honestly, given the fact that it's completely random and the fact that Delibird has to be active (and has a retreat cost), it's probably not worth running if you aren't already trying to use Letter Bomb. Letter Bomb is deceptively strong - the infinite damage cap seems like a lot, but even just OHKOing Zacian V - the lowest-HP multiprize attacker than people use as an attacker currently - requires discarding a hand of six. A lack of DCE in standard also means it requires two attachments. Exeggcute PLF helps in Expanded, but I refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of that format.

Stantler, honestly, isn't a very exciting Pokémon. Its first attack is a nerfed version of that Oranguru that got banned recently, as it doesn't increase the number of cards left in your deck and lets your opponent do the same thing too. I guess the second attack can strand a cheap shot active for Delibird if they can't move it? I don't know. Definitely a filler card.

Sawsbuck I think I'm pretty proud of. The ability's obviously designed to help out Delibird use its own ability more than once (and Deerling's Snow Tracks gives it a head start if you can somehow set that up - it automatically Benches a Delibird and lets you trigger Sawsbuck's ability with it) by letting you change energy between Delibirds, but it has applications outside of that if a [C] Attacker ever comes up. Perhaps switching between Salamence VMAX? The attack hits hard, 260 for 4 on a one-prize attacker, but you have to actually be playing those four different types of energy. You can do it in a non-C deck, but it makes using generic accelerators more difficult if that should come up.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
So, the new V-UNION mechanic. At least some of this post is just going to be me speculating on what it could be. Given the name, it'll likely involve multiple Pokémon, and it'll probably be a 3-4 prize attacker. I've got a few ideas, one of which is mostly new (and honestly, the least likely). I'm fully expecting it to be something so incredibly broken it'll make every old "incredibly broken" card look quaint in comparison. Something that'll irreperably warp the format around itself until it either rotates out or gets banned, and honestly probably shouldn't have been printed. Something like this:

Arceus & Dialga & Palkia V-UNION HP: 270 [C]
Basic
arceus-dragon.png
dialga.png
palkia.png

[W][M][C] Ultimate Ray 150
Search your deck for up to 3 basic Energy cards and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like. Then, shuffle your deck.

[M] Altered Creation
For the rest of this game, your Pokémon’s attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). If this Pokémon has at least 1 extra [W] Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), when your opponent’s Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from those attacks, take 1 more Prize card. You can't use more than 1 Altered Creation attack per game.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

V-UNION rule: When your V-UNION is knocked out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

...oh wait, that card already exists. Silly me.

Unfortunately, I do think TAG TEAM 2: Electric Boogaloo is probably the most likely outcome, given that V/MAXes themselves are just EXes and Megas with bigger numbers. Given that that's probably the worst possible outcome, I'm really hoping it doesn't happen. However, assuming it is a rehash of an old mechanic, there is another, significantly less overpowered and more interesting mechanic they could go with...

Dialga & Palkia V-UNION HP: 250 [M][W]
V-UNION
dialga.png
palkia.png

---------

Dialga & Palkia V-UNION [M][W]
V-UNION: Put this card from your hand onto your Bench only with the other half of Dialga & Palkia V-UNION

[M][M] Time Stream 100
After doing damage, if the Defending Pokémon is an evolved Pokémon, you may devolve that Pokémon by putting the highest Stage Evolution card on it into your opponent's hand.

[W][W][C] Wormhole Warp 200
If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, your opponent shuffles it and all cards attached to it back into their deck instead of discarding them.

Weakness: [R][L] x2
Resistance: [G] -30

When this Pokémon has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Ah, legend cards. So cool, but so incredibly hard to field that they ultimately fell mostly flat. Off the top of my head, only ERL, SEL, and RDL ever saw any real play, and even that was mostly fringe, even if one of those "fringe" decks did come second at worlds. I wouldn't actually mind them coming back for another try, as their power could be higher and counteracted by how difficult they are to put into play, given that they were largely unsearchable outside of cards that specifically mentioned them or completely generic Pokémon searchers, and took up two cards just to put into play. For this specific fake, it probably wouldn't be a good card even with the high HP and damage and only giving up two prizes - its attacks aren't super great compared to, say, Zacian V, and again, it's a lot harder to field than just slapping down a Zacian.

Now, as for a more original idea...

Dialga V-UNION HP: 260 [M]
Basic
dialga.png

484.png
This Pokémon can use any attack or ability of your Palkia V-UNION in play, but cannot attack or use abilities unless Palkia V-UNION is in play. Any damage done to this Pokémon while Palkia V-UNION is in play is also done to Palkia V-UNION. You can't have more than 1 V-UNION Pokémon with the same name in your deck.

[M] Time Acceleration
Search your deck for 2 basic Energy cards with different types, and attach 1 to this Pokémon and 1 to your benched Pokémon V-UNION. Then, shuffle your deck.

[M][M][C] Time Freeze 200
Neither player can play cards from their hand to evolve their Pokémon until the end of your next turn. This Pokémon can't attack during your next turn.

V-UNION rule: When this Pokémon is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 prize cards.
Palkia V-UNION HP: 260 [W]
Basic
palkia.png

483.png
This Pokémon can use any attack or ability of your Dialga V-UNION in play, but cannot attack or use abilities unless Dialga V-UNION is in play. Any damage done to this Pokémon while Dialga V-UNION is in play is also done to Dialga V-UNION. You can't have more than 1 V-UNION Pokémon with the same name in your deck.

Ability: Nebula Rebirth
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your bench, heal all damage from 1 of your Pokémon V-UNION in play. You can't use more than 1 Nebula Rebirth ability per turn.

[W][C][C] Spatial Distortion 180
Move all energy attached to this Pokémon to 1 of your benched Pokémon V-UNION.

Resistance:

V-UNION rule: When this Pokémon is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 prize cards.

I don't see this happening even remotely, given that it ended up being a bit of a nightmare to word as you can't specifically refer to either Dialga nor Palkia in ability/attack text so that the other one can use it. Assuming I've done my wording right, putting Dialga into play while Palkia is in play should also let you trigger Palkia's ability, but you can't splash Palkia into other decks with hypothetical V-Unions in them as you'd also need Dialga benched to activate it. To be honest, this is probably both too convoluted and too overbalanced to really take off - it's hard to understand and arguably better to just field one of them as a wall for the HP value.

and now, for some normal, non-speculative cards that only give up one prize:

Arceus HP: 130 [C]
Basic
arceus-normal.png

NO. 493 Alpha Pokémon HT: 10'06" WT: 705.5 lbs.
You may have as many of this card in your deck as you like.
Ability: Type Shifting
Once during your turn, you may switch this Pokémon with an Arceus from your hand. (Any cards attached to this Pokémon, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the new Pokémon.) You can't use more than 1 Type Shifting Ability per turn.

[C] Creation Replication
Search your deck for up to 2 basic Energy cards that are the same type as your opponent's Active Pokémon and attach them to this Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck.

Resistance:

According to the legends of Sinnoh, this Pokémon emerged from an egg and shaped all there is in this world.
Dialga HP: 140 [M]
Basic
dialga.png

NO. 483 Temporal Pokémon HT: 17'9" WT: 1505.8 lbs.
Ability: Slowed Passage
While this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent's Active Pokémon's attacks cost [C] more and they pay [C] more to retreat their Active Pokémon.

[M][C][C] Roar of Time 120
Look at the top 5 cards of your opponent's deck and put them back on top of their deck in any order.

It has the power to control time. It appears in Sinnoh-region myths as an ancient deity.
Palkia HP: 130 [W]
Basic
palkia.png

NO. 484 Spatial Pokémon HT: 13'09" WT: 740.8 lbs.
[C] Vortex Pull 40
Before doing damage, you may switch your opponent's Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon.

[W][W][C] Matter Switch 100
Discard an Energy from this Pokémon. If you do, switch it with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:

It is said to live in a gap in the spatial dimension parallel to ours. It appears in mythology.

I love the Arceus from, well, Arceus and really wish they'd kept it up after just a single set, but such is life. I guess now I've locked myself into making Arceus cards of all the other types for now, so be prepared for that. Dialga and Palkia are supposed to be a little more useful than your average small basics of the era, although Dialga's better because it's a lot less replaceable than Palkia in a deck where you'd want to use the two of them together.

Thank you all for reading.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Some Grass types for today.

Cottonee HP: 60 [G]
Basic
cottonee.png

NO. 546 Cotton Pokémon HT: 1' WT: 1.3 lbs.
[C] Float Away 10
Return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

[G] Mischief Maker
Heal up to 30 damage from your opponent's Active Pokémon. If you heal 30 damage, you may discard an Energy card attached to that Pokémon.

Resistance:

It shoots cotton from its body to protect itself. If it gets caught up in hurricane-strength winds, it can get sent to the other side of the Earth.

Whimsicott HP: 90 [G]
546.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Cottonee
whimsicott.png

NO. 547 Windward Pokémon HT: 2'4" WT: 14.6 lbs.
Ability: Prankster
Once during your opponent's turn, before their attack, you may put 2 cards from your hand into the Lost Zone. If you do, play a Supporter card from your hand. You can't use more than 1 Prankster Ability per turn.

[G] Windy Tackle 30

Resistance:

This nuisance sneaks into people’s homes, where it hides important things and scatters cotton all over the place.

While the Lost Zone isn't used in Sword & Shield so far, this effect is so ludicrously strong that I didn't feel like a simple discard was actually enough to balance it. Being able to play any card during your opponent's turn is already really strong, and there's enough disruption supporters in the format that it'd be extremely powerful. Just off the top of my head, here's some applications of it:

- After your opponent plays Professor's Research (or any draw supporter that puts their hand above 4, really), Prankster a Marnie to drop their hand from 7 to 4.
- After your opponent retreats, Prankster a Boss's Orders to move up something with a high retreat cost.
- After your opponent manually attaches an Energy, Prankster Team Yell Grunt to put it back into their hand.
- For a massive cost, after your opponent plays Skyla to add a trainer card, Prankster an Oleana to put that trainer card on the bottom of their deck. Counting the Oleana, this requires 5 cards from your hand, two of which go to the Lost Zone.

I don't have enough familiarity with SM supporters, but given the generally higher power level there there's probably even more things you can do. This is also why it has an extremely basic, weak attack that you'll probably never use. I don't usually like Vanilla attacks, but here it feels appropriate.

Seedot HP: 50 [G]
Basic
seedot.png

NO. 273 Acorn Pokémon HT: 1'8" WT: 8.8 lbs.
[G] Surprised Smack 10+
If this Pokémon has any damage counters on it, this attack does 30 more damage.

Resistance:

If it remains still, it looks just like a real nut. It delights in surprising foraging Pokémon.

Nuzleaf HP: 80 [G]
273.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Seedot
nuzleaf.png

NO. 274 Wily Pokémon HT: 3'3" WT: 67.1 lbs.
[C] Shady Deal
Move up to 3 damage counters on this Pokémon to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[G][C] Last-Ditch Defense
if this Pokémon has exactly 7 damage counters on it, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

Resistance:

It lives deep in forests. With the leaf on its head, it makes a flute whose song makes listeners uneasy.

Shiftry HP: 140 [G]
274.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Nuzleaf
shiftry.png

NO. 275 Wicked Pokémon HT: 4'3" WT: 131.4 lbs.
Ability: Damage Winds
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may move up to 13 damage counters from your Benched Pokémon to this Pokémon.

[G][G] Shady Trick
Switch all damage counters on this Pokémon with those on your opponent's Active Pokémon. Before doing this, you may have your opponent switch their Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:

A Pokémon that was feared as a forest guardian. It can read the foe’s mind and take preemptive action.

Honestly, this'll probably just be used as a pseudo-potion. The attack's a purposedly souped-up version of Wobbuffet V's attack since it's on a stage 2 and requires a specific kind of energy, but I doubt that'll compare to siphoning off damage from something, even if it can't move damage counters off your active. You can knock out Shiftry to activate any card that might benefit from you being down in prizes (such as Dubwool V's Revenge Blast, which I think is the only SS-era one), but it requires some level of setup.

Arceus HP: 130 [G]
Basic
arceus-grass.png

[G][C] Leaf Refresh 60
Heal 30 damage from each of your Benched Pokémon.

[G][G][C] Nature's Wrath 100
If you have 5 Pokémon with Arceus in their names on your bench with at least 4 damage counters on them, this attack does 80 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance:

It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.

Another Arceus. Nature's Wrath might be a little too good on a one-prize attacker, but given that it locks you into Arceus I'm hoping it's not too abusable. The attacks counteract eachother, so hopefully you'll be able to find situations to use either of them. There's still a lot of Arceus to go, so not too much to say about them.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Some Fire Types for today.

Magby HP: 50 [R]
Basic Pokémon
magby.png

NO. 240 Live Coal Pokémon HT: 2'04" WT: 47.2 lbs.
Ability: Baby Support
Once during your turn, if you have Magmar in play, you may attach this Pokémon to it as a Pokémon Tool card. If this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card is discarded from play, shuffle it into your deck instead of putting it into your discard pile.

[-] First Flame Gathering
Search your deck for an [R] Energy card and attach it to 1 of your Pokémon. If you attached it to this Pokémon, this Pokémon does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

It is found in volcanic craters. Its body temperature is over 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit, so don’t underestimate it.

Baby Pokémon are a bit of a headache. The best thing to do would've been to just make them all basics and turn all the evolution ones to Stage 1s, but I do understand why that didn't happen. I do think their SM-era incarnation was probably the worst, just being completely disconnected from their evolution line while also being terrible, outside of Munchlax being used in stall decks. My initial instinct was just to make a slightly powered-up version of HGSS-era babies, but given that that's pretty uncreative I elected to go with this instead. It can't evolve into Magmar because you're not supposed to, although I did consider it. I also considered calling the ability "Child Support" to be funny, but I went for realism.

Magmar HP: 80 [R]
Basic Pokémon
magmar.png

NO. 126 Spitfire Pokémon HT: 4'3" WT: 98.1 lbs.
Ability: Quick Burner
Once during your turn, when you attach Magby to this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card, you may discard the top card of your opponent's deck. You can't use more than 1 Quick Burner Ability per turn.

[R][C] Flame Burst 30
This attack does 10 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance to Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:

Its entire body is burning. When it breathes, the temperature rises. When it sneezes, flames shoot out!

Magmortar HP: 130 [R]
126.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Magmar
magmortar.png

NO. 467 Blast Pokémon HT: 5'3" WT: 149.9 lbs.
[R][C] Burn Down
Discard up to 2 cards from the top of each player's deck. if Magby is attached to this Pokémon, discard up to 2 more cards from the top of your opponent's deck.

[R][R][C] Resurrection Blaze 10x
This attack does 10 damage for each [R] Energy card in your discard pile. Then, shuffle 5 [R] Energy cards from your discard pile into your deck. If you have less than 5 [R] Energy cards in your discard pile, this attack does nothing.

Resistance:

Magmortar takes down its enemies by shooting fireballs, which burn them to a blackened crisp. It avoids this method when hunting prey.

So naturally, I decided to apply this new Baby mechanic to everyone's favourite style of deck, mill. There's a fine line to walk with mill decks, which is why so few of them (counting stall decks like Sableye/Garbodor or Wailord-EX seperately since they passively wait for your opponent to deck out as opposed to actively doing it) have ended up being successful over the years. You have to race to put more cards in your opponents discard pile than you have time to take prizes, which is a fine line to walk when you aren't actively doing damage. Flygon Lv. X mill got around this thanks to Trapinch, whereas a deck like Durant was simply fast enough and resource-light enough to mill people to death before they lost. Magmortar's sort of an equivalent exchange. For 4 cards, you can mill up to 5 cards from your opponent, but you do have to mill 2 from yourself as well. You'll be more prepared for it than your opponent since you'll have built your deck around it, however. Resurrection Blaze gives you some late-game recovery, but it's low damage and costly so you don't automatically get to win by suddenly shuffling 5 cards back into your deck.

Magmar might be a bit strong for an evolving basic, but given that any Pokemon that evolves seems to be completely useless now, I'd rather have this.

Slugma HP: 70 [R]
Basic
slugma.png

NO. 218 Lava Pokémon HT: 2'4" WT: 77.2 lbs.
Ability: Magma Cooling
At the end of your turn, if this Pokémon is in the Active Spot and did not move there from your Bench this turn, this Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

[R] Hot Touch
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Resistance:

Its body is made of magma. If it doesn’t keep moving, its body will cool and harden.

Magcargo HP: 120 [R]
218.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Slugma
magcargo.png

NO. 219 Lava Pokémon HT: 2'7" WT: 121.3 lbs.
Ability: Tectonic Shaping
Once during your turn, you may search your deck for a basic Energy card and discard it. Then, shuffle your deck, and put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck. You can't use more than 1 Tectonic Shaping Ability per turn.

[R][C] Bursting Shell 60
During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokémon is damaged by an opponent's Attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), the Attacking Pokémon is now Burned.

Resistance:

Its body is as hot as lava and is always billowing. Flames will occasionally burst from its shell.

There's absolutely zero reason for Slugma to have a handicap ability besides flavour, but it fits that Pokédex Entry so well that I couldn't pass it up. Magcargo combos with a lot - even just in this thread it combos with Orbeetle by allowing you to stack your deck for whatever you want, and somewhat with Magmortar by letting you put Energy in the discard pile less randomly. As for Sw/Sh era cards, it helps out both Coalossal RCL and Centiskorch VMAX by dumping fire energy straight from the deck, as while as some other cards I may be forgetting. I'm not too sure on the wording for the ability, so I just tried to make it as clear as possible.

Arceus HP: 130 [R]
Basic
arceus-fire.png

You may have as many copies of this card in your deck as you like.
[R][C] Bright Flame 120
Flip a coin. If tails, discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon.

[R][R][C] White-Hot Inferno 10x
Choose 1 of your benched Pokémon with Arceus in its name. This attack does 10 damage for each damage counter on that Pokémon. Then, discard that Pokémon and all cards attached to it.

Resistance:

It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.

I probably should've asked this before I started making Arceus cards, but if I were to make an Arceus V/MAX at a later time, would it count as a benched Arceus? Or would I have to specify Arceus V and VMAX? I guess I could change the wording to "Pokémon with Arceus in its name", for convenience's sake. I might go do that. (Edit: Did)

I do plan on rounding out this bunch of Arceus with a VMAX that can self-damage, which is why the typed Arceus so far have attacks relating to damage on benched Arceus. The first attack on this one is probably awful, but it feels like a lot of damage for 2 Energy on a 1-prize basic so I'm cautions to do anything more. The second attack will make a lot more sense eventually.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Some Water (and Ice) types for today.

Spheal HP: 70 [W]
Basic
spheal.png

NO. 363 Clap Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 87.1 lbs.
[C] Charm
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20 (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[W][C] Frozen Roll 20+
If this Pokémon has only [W] Energy attached to it, this attack does 10 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Resistance:

They can’t swim well yet, and they move much faster by rolling. When they’re happy, they clap fins.

Sealeo HP: 100 [W]
363.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Spheal
sealeo.png

NO. 364 Ball Roll Pokémon HT: 3'07" WT: 193.1 lbs.
[W][C] Frozen Block 20
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20 (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[W][C][C] Ice Wallop 40
During your next turn, this Pokémon's Ice Wallop attack does 30 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Resistance:

It has a very sensitive nose. It touches new things with its nose to examine them.

Walrein HP: 160 [W]
364.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Sealeo
walrein.png

NO. 365 Ice Break Pokémon HT: 4'07" WT: 322.0 lbs.
Ability: Ice Body
During Pokémon Checkup, if this Pokémon has any [W] Energy attached to it, heal 20 damage from this Pokémon.

[W][W][C] Glacial Wall 90
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 40 (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

It shatters ice with its big tusks. Its thick blubber repels not only the cold, but also enemy attacks.

So I don't think it's any secret that single prize Pokémon are terrible right now. And this Walrein... honestly won't change that, probably. I doubt the solution is just making them bulkier as opposed to making them do more damage (or just removing ADP from existence), but I can hope. With the damage reduction, Walrein has effectively 200 HP and the ability to heal, making it hopefully decent despite the low damage values. But probably not, honestly. I can dream, right? While it won't be living everything without help, it'll hopefully be hard enough for to knock out for only giving up one prize in return.

Or maybe I'm just behind the times in terms of power.

Clauncher HP: 60
Basic
clauncher.png

NO. 692 Water Gun Pokémon HT: 1'08" WT: 18.3 lbs.
[W] Targeted Shots
This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon with a Rule Box (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes).

[C][C] Boulder Breaker 20+
If the Defending Pokémon has a [W] Weakness, this attack does 20 more damage.

Resistance:

Through controlled expulsions of internal gas, it can expel water like a pistol shot. At close distances, it can shatter rock.

Clawitzer HP: 100 [W]
692.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Clauncher
clawitzer.png

NO. 693 Howitzer Pokémon HT: 4'03" WT: 77.8 lbs.
Ability: Heroic Sacrifice
Once during your turn, when your Active Pokémon attacks, if you have no Pokémon with a Rule Box (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes) in play, you may make that attack do 100 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance). If you do, this Pokémon is Knocked Out.

[W][C] Cover Fire 50
After doing damage, your opponent switches their Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:

Their enormous claws launch cannonballs of water powerful enough to pierce tanker hulls.

A more concrete attempt to fix single prize attackers, by... taking away their identity in exchange for higher damage output. This is a bit of a Godzilla Threshold answer here, but I do think the card has merit due to the risk-reward nature of use, as while as locking you out of any multiprize Pokémon, and some unfortunate casualties such as Prism Stars and BREAKs thanks to the answer TPC went with. Notably, this does lock you out of things like Crobat V or Dedenne-GX, which probably kneecaps the card entirely, since you have to build your entire deck around it. Clawitzer's a cool Pokémon that hasn't had a card in ages, so hopefully this one would be good enough to use if it were real.

Arceus HP: 130 [W]
Basic
arceus-water.png

You may have as many copies of this Pokémon in your deck as you like.
[W][C] Fastwave 60
This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[W][W][C] Great Flood
Each player shuffles the Pokémon on their side of the field with the fewest remaining HP into their deck. (if there are 2 Pokémon on a player's field with the same remaining HP, that player chooses which Pokémon to shuffle into their deck.)

Resistance:

It is told in mythology that this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed.

This one probably isn't very good, but I like the idea of Great Flood enough to keep it. In most situations, knocking out a heavily damaged Pokémon is preferable to removing it from the field, although shuffling in a badly damaged Pokémon off of your field might help. VS decks that require a bench sitter with low HP (like, say, Frosmoth SWSH) to function, it can be a quick way to remove it without having to set up damage or waste a Boss's, which could come in handy. I can't decide if these Arceus are underpowered or not, to be honest.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Some Electric types for today.

Pichu HP: 50 [L]
Basic
pichu.png

NO. 172 Tiny Mouse Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 4.4 lbs.
Once during your turn, if you have Pikachu in play, you may attach this Pokémon to it as a Pokémon Tool card. If this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card is discarded from play, shuffle it into your deck instead of putting it into your discard pile.

[-] Friendship Finder
Search your deck for up to 5 basic Pokémon and put them onto your bench. Then, shuffle your deck. If you searched your deck for more than 3 Pokémon in this way, this Pokémon is now Asleep.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

Despite its small size, it can zap even adult humans. However, if it does so, it also surprises itself.

I really like Pichu. I think it's adorable, and it's a downright disgrace that it hasn't had a card in ten years. So naturally, the only solution to that is to make it a card that any deck can benefit from, so it can be everywhere to make up for its ten-year absence. Trading a full bench for a prize seems fine enough, although if you get Pikachu you can use the ability if Pichu makes it back to your turn.

Pikachu HP: 60 [L]
Basic
pikachu.png

NO. 025 Mouse Pokémon HT: 1'4" WT: 13.2 lbs.
Ability: Pika-Popularity
Once during your turn, when you attach Pichu to this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. You can't use more than 1 Pika-Popularity Ability per turn.

[L] Nuzzle
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Resistance:

A plan was recently announced to gather many Pikachu and make an electric power plant.

Raichu HP: 110 [L]
025.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Pikachu
raichu.png

NO. 026 Mouse Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 66.1 lbs.
[C][C] Big-Game Shock
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon with a Rule Box (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes) (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon)

[L][L][C] Chain Lightning 90
If Pichu is attached to this Pokémon, this attack does 60 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with damage counters on them. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon)

Resistance:

It unleashes electric shocks that can reach 100,000 volts. When agitated, it can knock out even an Indian elephant.

Alolan Raichu HP: 100 [L]
025.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Pikachu
raichu-alola.png

NO. 026 Mouse Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 66.1 lbs.
Ability: Static Stuffing
As long as Pichu is attached to this Pokémon, each of your opponent's Pokémon with 6 or more damage counters on them has no Abilities.

[L][L] Surf's Up!
Discard all Energy from this Pokémon. During your next turn, each of your Pokémon in play have no retreat cost.

Resistance:

It only evolves to this form in the Alola region. According to researchers, its diet is one of the causes of this change.

I highly doubt they'd print an Alolan Raichu in Sword & Shield, but I had too many ideas for just one Raichu card. Neither of Pikachu's effects are particularly inspired - the ability's mostly an extra reason to play Pichu, as it making it through the opponent's turn now also lets you fetch a supporter from your deck. I'm not going to pretend Nuzzle isn't one of the most basic attacks out there, but the reason it's here is to make the card searchable via Emolga TEU for dedicated Raichu/A-Raichu decks come the later stages of the game. In true Raichu fashion, it'd probably be the most ignored one of the bunch since it's supposed to be an attacker. Big-Game Shock references both one of the weirdest Pokédex entries in the game (which is even on the card) and Delta Raichu's Zzap, The actual attack is pretty matchup dependant, and 30 damage isn't going to do a lot to the big scary VMAX/Tag Teams on its own, so A-Raichu is here to attempt to help, despite being largely useless vs ZADP. It is splashable in decks that play Pichu/Pikachu, and I could see it seeing use in decks like Orbeetle VMAX. On its own, you'd want to pair these Raichus with something that helps them spread faster like Arctozolt DAA.

Magnemite HP: 60 [L]
Basic
magnemite.png

NO. 081 Magnet Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 13.2 lbs.
Ability: Magnetic Attraction
If this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, your opponent's Active [M] Pokémon can't retreat.

[L] Polarity Shift
If you have Magnemite on your Bench, switch 1 of your opponent's Benched [L] Pokémon with their Active Pokémon. Then, switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Magnemite.

Resistance:

It moves while constantly hovering. It discharges Thunder Wave and so on from the units at its sides.

Magnemite HP: 60 [M]
Basic
magnemite.png

NO. 081 Magnet Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 13.2 lbs.
Ability: Magnetic Attraction
If this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, your opponent's Active [L] Pokémon can't retreat.

[M] Polarity Shift
If you have Magnemite on your Bench, switch 1 of your opponent's Benched [M] Pokémon with their Active Pokémon. Then, switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Magnemite.

It moves while constantly hovering. It discharges Thunder Wave and so on from the units at its sides.

Magneton HP: 90 [L]
081.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Magnemite
magneton.png

NO. 082 Magnet Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 132.3 lbs.
[C] Positive Pull
Move up to 2 [L] or [M] Energy from your opponent's Benched Pokémon to their Active Pokémon. For each Energy card moved in this way, put 2 damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[L][M] Negative Blast 30+
Your opponent moves all [L] or [M] Energy from their Active Pokémon to their Benched Pokémon in any way they like. This attack does 30 more damage for each Energy moved in this way.

Resistance:

Delicate equipment can malfunction in areas inhabited by Magneton, which send out mysterious electrical signals.

Magnezone HP: 150 [L]
082.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Magneton
magnezone.png

NO. 462 Magnet Area Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 396.8 lbs.
Ability: Unknown Charge
All Basic Energy attached to Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) provide [L][M] in addition to their usual type, but only provide 1 Energy at a time.

[L][M] Signal Transmissions
For each [L] Energy attached to this Pokémon, search your deck for a card and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. For each [M] Energy attached to this Pokémon, your opponent searches their deck for a Basic Energy card and attaches it to their Active Pokémon. Then, your opponent shuffles their deck. Discard all Energy from this Pokémon.

Resistance:

As it zooms through the sky, this Pokémon seems to be receiving signals of unknown origin, while transmitting signals of unknown purpose.

I never thought I'd be giving Magnemite of all Pokémon two cards, but for what the card's trying to do it makes sense to be able to switch between oppositely-charged Magnemites to get the right one to make the opponent's Pokémon stick together, so to speak. Magneton and Magnezone's attacks both feel a little self-defeating, which probably kneecaps their potential as attackers, but Magnezone at least is a possibly huge computer search and the downside of it at least powers up Magneton and forces Energy onto something your opponent might not want, so there's that. I'm actually quite proud of the effects of these cards, I was initially just going to make the line double-typed but I like this a lot more, since it still captures the idea of working with two types without just being Dual Armor. Lastly, there have been Magnezones in the past that use both [L] and [M] Energy, so while it looks a bit odd and is somewhat unlikely, it has happened before.

And then the requisite Arceus card:

Arceus HP: 130 [L]
Basic
arceus-electric.png

[L][C] Lightning Turn 50
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

[L][L][C] Divine Storm 200
If you don't have exactly 6 Pokémon with Arceus in their name in play, this attack does nothing. This Pokémon does 40 damage to itself.

Resistance:

It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.

Pretty basic card. It hits hard without much setup, making it a better early-game attacker than some of the other Arceus. That's all I really have to say about it. I promise there's a point to these coming eventually.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone. Some Psychic (And Ghost, and sadly Fairies) for today.

Smoochum HP: 50 [P]
Basic
smoochum.png

NO. 238 Kiss Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 13.2 lbs.
Once during your turn, if you have Jynx in play, you may attach this Pokémon to it as a Pokémon Tool card. If this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card is discarded from play, shuffle it into your deck instead of putting it into your discard pile.

[-] Emerging Kinesis
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. If you chose 1 of their Benched Pokémon, switch it with their Active Pokémon. Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused. If you chose a Benched Pokémon, this Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

It always rocks its head slowly backwards and forwards as if it is trying to kiss someone.

Jynx HP: 80 [P]
Basic
jynx.png

NO. 124 Humanshape Pokémon HT: 4'07" WT: 89.5 lbs
Ability: Altered Rhythm
Once during your turn, if Smoochum is attached to this Pokémon, you may discard it. Until the end of your opponent's next turn, neither player can switch their Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon if their Active Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition.

[P] Unintelligible
Both Active Pokémon are now Confused.

It cries sound like human speech. However, it is impossible to tell what it is trying to say.

You may notice this is somewhat different compared to the other baby Pokémon, as Jynx discards Smoochum to use its effect. This is probably something I'll do for the Basic/Stage 1s, as there isn't an extra stage 2 for stronger effects, so these can get stronger effects at a higher cost. Jynx probably isn't the best example, as the "stronger effect" is just a retreat lock, and the attack's just a Yell Horn. However, it's easy to bring out repeatedly provided your bench isn't full, and a second Smoochum can pick stuff off the bench the turn you lock it with Jynx. It also blocks switch or other cards like Bird Keeper that require a switch, which makes the effect a little stronger than, say, Cradily CEC, but not as repeatable.

Shuppet HP: 50 [P]
Basic
shuppet.png

NO. 353 Puppet Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 5.1 lbs.
[C] Malevolent Haunting
During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's Attack and your opponent's Bench isn't full, discard all cards attached to this Pokémon and put this Pokémon onto their Bench instead of discarding it.

It uses its horn to feed on envy and malice, or so it’s said. It’s very active at night.

Banette HP: 90 [P]
353.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Shuppet
banette.png

NO. 354 Marionette Pokémon HT: 3'7" WT: 27.6 lbs.
[P] Appeasement 120-
Before doing damage, your opponent may discard up to 2 cards from their hand. This attack does 60 less damage for each card discarded.

[P][C] Junked Haunting
During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's Attack, put 5 damage counters on each of their Benched Pokémon.

Resentment at being cast off made it spring into being. Some say that treating it well will satisfy it, and it will once more become a stuffed toy.

First off, it really bugs me that psychic and ghost now have the same weakness and resistance as opposed to different ones. I don't know why, it just doesn't feel right, and I was sorely tempted to default to the old one for Jynx.

With that out of the way, I don't expect these two to be super good but I liked the gimmick enough to roll with it. The idea's to load your opponent's bench up with Shuppets, which are completely useless unless your opponent wants to try to give the Shuppet back with its attack. Banette can even knock out three Shuppets at once! Appeasement is also strong and offers either resource denial or a flat damage output, if trying to set up Shuppets isn't your thing. I'd hope somewhere out there, there's a combo that lets you fill your opponent's bench with Shuppets without them giving up prizes. That'd be funny.

Milcery HP: 50 [P]
Basic
milcery.png

NO. 868 Cream Pokémon HT: 8" WT: 0.7 lbs.
[C] Whisking
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If your new Active Pokémon is Milcery, search your deck for up to to Alcremie and put them onto this Pokémon and your Active Milcery to evolve them. Then, shuffle your deck.

[P] Splatter
Put 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance:

This Pokémon was born from sweet-smelling particles in the air. Its body is made of cream.

Alcremie HP: 100 [P]
868.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Milcery
alcremie-rubycream.png

NO. 869 Cream Pokémon HT: 1' WT: 3.3 lbs.
Ability: Sweet Energy
When you play this Pokémon from your hand or with the effect of Whisking, if you have no Pokémon with a Rule Box (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes) in play, you may search your deck for up to 2 Basic Energy cards and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C] Rush and Crash
Draw a card for each Energy attached to all of your Pokémon. At the end of your next turn after using this attack, discard all Energy from all of your Pokémon.

Resistance:

When it trusts a Trainer, it will treat them to berries it’s decorated with cream.

First off, the fact that fairy is now psychic and can't resist dark anymore because the other psychics are weak to it is extremely dumb and makes me wonder why they bothered merging them at all. Maybe Pink Cardboard was too expensive? I don't like it., and like with Jynx I may end up changing their W/R around to make some more sense. Same with Dark and Poison being merged when we get to it. Anyways, this card is part of my continued crusade to exclude multiprizers from anything I do, offering a pretty busted generic energy acceleration if you're not using any (including Crobat, Dedenne, and Eldegoss, so you have to find other ways to draw cards with abilities). I should probably give this a once-per-turn, but it contradicts Milcery's attack so I let it go. Rush and Crash is very much a win more attack, but if you really need a Boss's Orders, that's one way to get it in the endgame, since you probably won't be winning if the second part of the attack resolves.

Arceus HP: 130 [P]
Basic
arceus-psychic.png

Ability: Omniscient Link
Once during your turn, if all the Pokémon you have in play have Arceus in their name, you may declare a type other than the type your opponent's Active Pokémon is weak to. All Pokémon in play become that type until the end of your turn. You can't use more than 1 Omniscient Link Ability per turn.

[P][C] Mind Bend 60
The Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

It is told in mythology that this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed.

Another Arceus, as usual, but this one has a bit more effort put into it to make up for how bad Mind Bend is as an attack. The ability's mostly for [C] Arceus so you can use it to fish out whatever Energy you happen to need at the time without relying on your opponent playing into you or getting lucky, but if you end up in a situation where your opponent has things with varying weaknesses in play, you might be able to call a type something on their bench is weak to and boss's it up for an easier prize.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Some Fighting, Rock, and Ground types today.

Crabrawler HP: 80 [F]
Basic
crabrawler.png

NO. 739 Boxing Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 15.4 lbs.
[C] Beat 20

[F][F] Punch Up 30+
If the Defending Pokémon is an Evolved Pokémon, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:

Its hard pincers are well suited to both offense and defense. Fights between two Crabrawler are like boxing matches.

Crabominable HP: 140 [F]
739.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Crabrawler
crabominable.png

NO. 740 Woolly Crab Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 396.8 lbs.
[C][C] Break Off
Put either 3 or 6 damage counters on this Pokémon. If you put 3 damage counters on this Pokémon, this attack does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. If you put 6 damage counters on this Pokémon, this attack does 50 damage to 2 of your opponent's Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

[F][F][C] Resolute Punch 100+
If this Pokémon has more damage counters on it than your opponent's Active Pokémon, this attack does 100 more damage.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:

It just throws punches indiscriminately. In times of desperation, it can lop off its own pincers and fire them like rockets.

A bit more fillery than usual, probably. I've been playing a lot of classic era format recently, where something like Crabrawler would be incredibly good. Times have changed a lot, but it's still better than the average evolving basic, if not by much. Crabominable kills itself for spread and then hits harder as a result, and the first attack is some decent spread for colourless energy only, but that's about it.

Dwebble HP: 70 [F]
Basic
dwebble.png

NO. 557 Rock Inn Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 32.0 lbs.
[C] Panicked Frenzy 10+
If this Pokémon has 30 or less HP left, this attack does 50 more damage.

[F][C] Shell Strike 30
This Pokémon does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:

It makes a hole in a suitable rock. If that rock breaks, the Pokémon remains agitated until it locates a replacement.

Crustle HP: 130 [F]
557.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Dwebble

crustle.png

NO. 558 Stone Home Pokémon HT: 4'07" WT: 440.9 lbs.
Ability: Weak Armor
If this Pokémon has at least 4 damage counters on it, ignore all [C] Energy necessary to use this Pokémon's attacks, and this Pokémon takes 20 more damage from attacks.

[F][C][C] Desperate Slash 60+
This attack does 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

Resistance:

Competing for territory, Crustle fight viciously. The one whose boulder is broken is the loser of the battle.

Kind of a similar theme here. They get stronger the weaker they get. Ultimately, rock and fighting are among the most straightforward types in terms of gameplan, usually just being "hit hard", with Ground not too far behind. So these cards are basic, but I wanted to at least give each of them something. Crustle could be fun in decks that could put damage counters on it, as 180 for [F] on a one-prize attacker is still pretty good.

Gligar HP: 70 [F]
Basic
gligar.png

NO. 207 Fly Scorpion Pokémon HT: 3'07" WT: 142.9 lbs.
[F] Surprise Attack 10+
If this Pokémon was on the Bench and became your Active Pokémon this turn, this attack does 60 more damage.

[F][C] Clamp 30
The Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Resistance:

It usually clings to cliffs. When it spots its prey, it spreads its wings and glides down to attack.

Gliscor HP: 110 [F]
207.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Gligar
gliscor.png

NO. 472 Fang Scorp Pokémon HT: 6'07" WT: 93.7 lbs.
Ability: Silent Flight
If this Pokémon retreats during your turn, you may retreat another Pokémon during that turn.

[F] Group Poison
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put a number of damage counters on that Pokémon equal to the number of your Pokémon that were in the Active Spot during your turn during Pokémon Checkup.

Resistance:
Retreat:

Its flight is soundless. It uses its lengthy tail to carry off its prey… Then its elongated fangs do the rest.

I swear I was going somewhere with this. I was worried about Silent Flight being super abusable, so Gliscor's attack had to suffer for it, I guess. I honestly probably overthought it, but I like Group Poison enough to keep it. If cards could have multiple abilities still this would probably be better. Oh well. I may be somewhat burned out from the fakers' marathon, still.

Arceus HP: 130 [F]
Basic
arceus-ground.png

[F] Break Ground 60
This attack also does 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon)

[F][F][C] Arms Charge 30x
This attack does 30 damage for each of your Pokémon in play with Arceus in their name.

Resistance:

It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.

Somewhat amusingly, Arceus-Fighting in the TCG is actually represented by Arceus-Ground, not Fighting, thus proving that Ground is the superior type once and for all. This is the primary way to spread damage onto your own Arceus to unlock most of the stronger attacks in the archetype, primarily Nature's Wrath for that sweet Spread damage, with Arms Charge serving as a backup "strong" attack for direct damage capability. It's simple, but most fighting types are.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Some Dark, and unfortunately Poison types for today.

Sneasel HP: 70 [D]
Basic
sneasel.png

NO. 215 Sharp Claw Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 61.7 lbs.
[D] Nest Robbery
If your opponent's Active Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, discard an Energy from that Pokémon.

[D][D] Chaotic Teamwork 40x
Flip a coin for each of your Benched Sneasel. This attack does 40 damage for each heads. For each tails, put 1 damage counter on each of your Benched Sneasel.

Resistance:

They will cooperate to steal eggs from the nests of bird Pokémon, but fights break out to determine which one gets to eat the eggs.

Weavile HP: 90 [D]
215.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Sneasel
weavile.png

NO. 461 Sharp Claw Pokémon HT: 3'07" WT: 75.0 lbs.
Ability: Pack Gathering
Once during your turn, you may search your deck for up to 2 Sneasel and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck. If you put any Sneasel onto your bench with this ability, devolve this Pokémon by putting this card into your hand.

[D][C][C] Team Play 30x
This attack does 30 damage for each of your Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:

They travel in groups of four or five, leaving signs for one another on trees and rocks. They bring down their prey with coordinated attacks.

Fairly basic. The official wording for referencing a specific named Pokémon is possibly a bit different in the Sword & Shield Era, but the effects we've seen to that degree affect Pokémon that can have multiple variants, such as Vs, so I'm choosing to word it this way for simplicity's sake. Maybe I should just declare my cards SM-era, as my wordings likely make more sense there. I feel like a lot of the Sword & Shield era wording and format changes were pretty unnecessary, but I don't make the cards so I'm not one to talk. I wanted to at least reference Sneasel Neo Genesis without reprinting the card directly, and you can attack with it in a pinch, but Weavile's a more consistent attacker that even searches out other Sneasels. I had initially envisioned Sneasel as the main attacker, hence Weavile devolving itself after a search.

Nihilego HP: 100 [D]
Basic
nihilego.png

NO. 793 Parasite Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 122.4 lbs.
[D] Human Imitation
You can use this attack only if you have exactly 6 prize cards remaining. If you used a Supporter card during your turn, use the effect of that Supporter card as the effect of this attack.

[D][D][C] Toxic Takeover 90
If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, you may choose which Pokémon becomes your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Resistance:

One of the Ultra Beasts, it’s unclear whether or not this Pokémon is sentient, but sometimes it can be observed behaving like a young girl.

Speaking of unnecessary changes, the Poison type being folded into Dark Type creates far more problems than it ever should've. The type now being weak to fighting is bizarre, since while it is weak to ground in the VG, it resists Fighting itself, making it somewhat confusing to look at for people who aren't very versed in this era of the TCG. It's a similar deal with Grass types, as while it also represents Bug, Dark isn't nominally weak to Grass and a fair amount of dark types resist Grass and even Bug, such as Houndoom. Poison becoming Dark and Fairy becoming Psychic also means that Dark can't resist Psychic anymore, which is a minor but still somewhat annoying thing. Both this card's attacks are fairly open-ended, and could have some possible utility in a fair amount of decks, alongside just being a general consistency boost for dark decks.

Arceus HP: 130 [D]
Basic
arceus-dark.png

[D][C] Prize Count 20+
If you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent, this attack does 60 more damage for each Prize card your opponent has taken.

[D][D][C] Long Nightfall 90
If you don't have 6 Pokémon with "Arceus" in their names in play, this attack does nothing. During your opponent's next turn, they can't attach Energy cards to their Pokémon. During your next turn, your [D] Pokémon can't attack.

Resistance:

Arceus-Dark, not Arceus-Poison. That's not allowed here. The attacks don't really work together, they're just both designed to be as useful as possible. You could probably build a deck around just this Arceus as a main attacker, but it locks you out of using Long Nightfall every other turn so I'm hoping that's enough. This is the correct wording for specific Pokemon as of the Sword & Shield era, assuming they can have a V or VMAX and therefore technically have two different names. I'll probably only use it for cards that can have multiple names, like Arceus here.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Some Metal types today.

Onix HP: 100 [F]
Basic
onix.png

NO. 095 Rock Snake Pokémon HT: 28'10" WT: 463.0 lbs.
[C] Rock Compression
Discard any number of [F] Energy from this Pokémon. Search your deck for that many [M] Energy cards and attach them to this Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck.

[F][F][F] Boulder Breaker 100
Discard 2 Energy from this Pokémon.

Resistance:

Burrows at high speed in search of food. The tunnels it leaves are used as homes by Diglett.

Steelix HP: 160 [M]
095.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Onix

steelix.png

NO. 208 Iron Snake Pokémon HT: 30'02" WT: 891.8 lbs.
Ability: Mineral Eating
Once during your turn, you may attach a [F] Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon. If you do, you may discard an Energy from this Pokémon.

[M][C][C][C] Diamond Tackle 130
If this Pokémon has more [F] Energy attached to it than [M] Energy, this attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon). If this Pokémon has more [M] Energy attached to it than [F] Energy, during your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20.

Retreat: [C][C][C][C][C]

Tempered underground under high pressure and heat, its body is harder than any metal.

I actually quite like this card, even if it's simple. Back when evolving basics were actually meant to maybe do something besides just be a stepping stone, a particular issue with lines like this is that Onix and Steelix require different Energy types, meaning that Onix can't do much on its own since you're probably not running Fighting and Metal Energy together. The other issue with Steelix specifically is the massive energy cost for its attacks, which I didn't want to remove when it's so much a part of what Steelix is as a card. So I gave it an ability that lets you attach Energy to it, specifically the ones you discard with Onix to put on metal energy, and then a modal attack that works with the ability to let it choose what you want to do. It probably wouldn't be usable at all in standard, but I like the card nonetheless.

Klink HP: 60 [M]
Basic
klink.png

NO. 599 Gear Pokémon HT: 1' WT: 46.3 lbs.
[M] Energy Generation
Search your deck for a Basic Energy card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[M][C] Klink Cannon 30x
You may discard any number of Klink from your hand. This attack does 30 damage for each card discarded in this way.

Interlocking two bodies and spinning around generates the energy they need to live.

Klang HP: 90 [M]
599.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Klink

klang.png

NO. 600 Gear Pokémon HT: 2' WT: 112.4 lbs.
[M][C] Klang Cannon 40x
You may discard any number of Klang from your hand. This attack does 40 damage for each Klang discarded in this way.

[M][M][M] Gear Upgrade
Search your deck for a Pokémon with "Klinklang" in its name and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck. If you put a Pokémon with "Klinklang" in its name onto your bench in this way, put this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

When Klang goes all out, the minigear links up perfectly with the outer part of the big gear, and this Pokémon’s rotation speed increases sharply.

Klinklang HP: 140 [M]
600.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Klang

klinklang.png

NO. 601 Gear Pokémon HT: 2' WT: 178.6 lbs.
Ability: Gear Generation
Once during your turn, you may choose a number of Klink or Klang up to the number of cards in your hand in your discard pile and shuffle them into your deck. Then, shuffle your hand into your deck and draw the same number of cards.

[M] Klinklang Cannon 10+
You may discard any number of Klink or Klang from your hand. This attack does 30 more damage for each Klink discarded in this way, and 40 more damage for each Klang discarded in this way.

From its spikes, it launches powerful blasts of electricity. Its red core contains an enormous amount of energy.

It's a simple plan, just throw your cards at the opponent. I like this kind of attack and wanted to put my own spin on it, but the general nature of this attack is too resource-intensive to really count. The best way to make this attack better is to give one of Klink or Klang Propagation, but that's uncreative enough that I decided against it. Gear Generation lets you recover and have some added consistency, although I highly doubt I worded this ability correctly. I couldn't think of a good way to quickly put Klinklang on the field, but Klink + Rare Candy or Klang's attack should hopefully work well enough to make it at least playable in an evolution format. Plus, "Klinklang Cannon" is just a fun attack name.

Arceus HP: 130 [M]
Basic
arceus-steel.png

NO. 496 Alpha Pokémon HT: 10'06" WT: 705.5 lbs.
You may have as many of this Pokémon in your deck as you like.
[M][C] Metal Barrier 50
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Pokémon VMAX during your opponent's next turn.

[M][M][C] Pure Metal Barricade
If you have 6 Pokémon in play with "Arceus" in their names, whenever your opponent plays an Item card during their next turn, prevent all effects of that card done to your Pokémon.

Metal's an interesting type. It historically doesn't mesh well with other types, as it's an inorganic type trying to mesh with other organic or incorporeal beings. As such, this Arceus also just kind of does its own thing, being broadly useful as a defensive Pokemon. A lot of synergy between the Arceus is concentrated in the last two unrevealed Arceus cards, so stay tuned for that.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Some Colorless types to close out the Arceus theming, as Dragon and Fairy have been purged for their sins.

Type: Null HP: 100 [C]
Basic
typenull.png

NO. 772 Synthetic Pokémon HT: 6'03" WT: 265.7 lbs.
[C][C][C] Power Control 50
If the Defending Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from this attack, this attack does nothing.

[C][C][C][C] Breaking Limits
Discard all Energy from this Pokémon. Search your Deck for a Pokémon that evolves from this card and put it onto this card to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck.

Resistance:

The heavy control mask it wears suppresses its intrinsic capabilities. This Pokémon has some hidden special power.

Silvally HP: 130 [C]
772.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Type: Null
silvally.png

NO. 773 Synthetic Pokémon HT: 7"07" WT: 221.6 lbs.
Ability: Prismatic Memories
Once during your turn, you may shuffle a Pokémon from your discard pile into your deck. This Pokémon's type becomes that Pokémon's type until the end of your opponent's next turn. You can't use more than 1 Prismatic Memories Ability per turn.

[C][C] Loyalty Rush 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of Supporter cards in your discard pile.

Resistance:

This is its form once it has awakened and evolved. Freed from its heavy mask, its speed is greatly increased.

It feels kind of fitting that I randomized Silvally for this. I'm not crazy about these Pokemon, but I think their lore is pretty interesting. People tried to play god by making a Pokemon in its image. However, it's horrendously ugly and doesn't know its own power at the start, causing it to be shunned by its creators and locked behind a cage. Only the bond with the one person who loves it causes its "evolution", reverting back to its true form. The two effects don't mesh super well - I wanted to include the type changing, as it's Silvally's signature thing, as while as the bond with its trainer. Or in this case, trainers, as it counts every supporter. It's a fairly weak attack, all things considered, which is somewhat counterbalanced by its ability to hit a lot for weakness with the ability.

Starly HP: 60 [C]
Basic
starly.png

NO. 396 Starling Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 4.4 lbs.
[C] Flock
Search your deck for up to 3 Starly and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Strong Flap 30+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 more damage. If tails, put 2 damage counters on this Pokémon.

They flock in great numbers. Though small, they flap their wings with great power.

Staravia HP: 80 [C]
396.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Starly

staravia.png

NO. 397 Starling Pokémon HT: 2' WT: 34.2 lbs.
[C] Squabble
Put 2 damage counters on 2 of your Benched Pokémon.

[C][C][C] Lonesome Cry 40+
If you have no other Staravia in play, this attack does 40 more damage.

It lives in forests and fields. Squabbles over territory occur when flocks collide.

Staraptor HP: 140 [C]
397.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Staravia

staraptor.png

NO. 398 Predator Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 54.9 lbs.
Ability: Courageous Challenge
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, you may switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon. Then, put 4 damage counters on this Pokémon. If you use this Ability, this Pokémon can't retreat until your next turn.

[C][C][C] Fearless Endeavor
If this Pokémon has at least 5 damage counters on it, this attack does damage equal to the difference in HP between this Pokémon and the Defending Pokémon. If this Pokémon has at least 10 damage counters on it, this attack does an additional 50 damage.

It never stops attacking even if it is injured. It fusses over the shape of its comb.

Endeavor's a very unique move. I remember Barry's Staravia using it with Quick Attack in the Sinnoh games to decent effect. This likely wouldn't work as a card, due to Staravia "only" having 140 HP, but if you can get it under 40 without dying you're free to OHKO anything you want. It's a shame every Staraptor card has been completely awful to this day, as it's a cool Pokemon that deserves to have a good card for once. I'm not sure this is it, as while it has a built-in catcher effect and OHKO potential it takes a lot of setup on a stage 2 to do it, and it probably won't make it through the turn you use Fearless Endeavor, but I like the idea of the card a lot. It's certainly far better than the last Staraptor we got.

Arceus V HP: 230 [C]
Basic
arceus-normal.png

[C] Door to Before
If this Pokémon is the only Pokémon you have in play, you may search your deck for up to 5 Pokémon with "Arceus" in their names (excluding Pokémon V) and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C][C][C] Judgement Spear
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon and 2 of your Benched Pokémon. This attack does 120 damage to your opponent's Pokémon and 40 damage to both of your Benched Pokémon. If you don't have 6 Pokémon with "Arceus" in their name in play, this attack does nothing.

Resistance:

V rule: When your Pokémon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Arceux VMAX HP: 340 [C]
493.png
VMAX - Evolves from Arceus V
True Form
Ed23LfWUwAEK5IB.png:thumb

Ability: Creation
Once during your turn, if you have exactly 5 other Pokémon in play with "Arceus" in their names, you may put 3 damage counters on this Pokémon. Search your deck for 2 Basic Energy cards and attach them to 1 of your Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck. If you use this Ability, for the rest of this turn each Basic Energy attached to your Pokémon in play with "Arceus" in their name provides every type of Energy, but only provides 1 Energy at a time.

Ability: Omniscient Link
As often as you like during your turn, you may move an Energy card from 1 of your Pokémon with "Arceus" in its name to another 1 of your Pokémon with "Arceus" in its name. If you do, put 2 damage counters on both Pokémon.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

VMAX rule: When your Pokémon VMAX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

This card breaks a lot of modern rules, but I don't really care? I happen to love the design of Beta Arceus and wish it had ended up as the final one. My personal headcanon with it is that this is as close to Arceus's true form as we can see - a mist of smoke that we know is something more but cannot comprehend the reality of it, so our brains have it take the shape in the sprite. The deer-through-a-fence Arceus is just the form it takes that we can understand. It's ???-type with no weaknesses or resistances, and cannot hit anything for weakness or resistance. As such, this card has no weakness, no resistance, and is of a type that can't hit anything for weakness, with multiple abilities. It chooses to not attack on its own, but rather taking on different forms with different abilities to attack instead. This card does it all - it accelerates, it makes your energies into rainbow energies, it spreads damage counters quickly to allow you to attack with your good attacks as soon as possible. It's probably a little bit broken, honestly - I hope that's fine, just this once.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
A minor update to my Create-a-Card winning entry from the November contest. I hope this is alright.

Snorunt HP: 60 [W]
Basic
snorunt.png

NO. 361 Snow Hat Pokémon HT: 2'04" WT: 37.0 lbs.
[W] New Dawn Evolution
Search your deck for a Froslass and put it onto this Pokémon to Evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck. If this Pokémon was not put into play during this turn, search your deck for a Glalie and put it onto this Pokémon to Evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck.

Resistance:

In the snow country, certain folklore says a house will prosper if a SNORUNT lives there.

Glalie HP: 110 [W]
361.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Snorunt
glalie.png

NO. 362 Ice Face Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 565.9 lbs.
[W][C] Avalanche 70
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

[W][W][W] Fractured Explosion 200
If this Pokémon has 3 or more damage counters on it, this attack does damage to each Pokémon in play equal to the number of damage counters on this Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon). Then, this Pokémon is Knocked Out.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C}

Legend says a boulder on an icy mountain absorbed the distress and regrets of a stranded mountaineer, giving rise to Glalie.

Froslass HP: 90 [W]
361.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Snorunt
froslass.png

NO. 478 Snow Land Pokémon HT: 4’03” WT: 58.6 lbs.
Ability: Eternal Wandering
As long as this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, your opponent cannot shuffle cards from their discard pile back into their deck, or put cards from their discard pile into their hand.

[W][W] Ethereal Grief
Shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck. At the end of your opponent’s next turn, this attack does 100 damage to the Defending Pokémon.

Resistance:

After a woman met her end on a snowy mountain, her regrets lingered on. From them, this Pokémon was born. Its favorite food is frozen souls.

I hope it's fine that I'm archiving this here, now that the contest is over and judged. Froslass's wording was touched up and I changed the attack name to what I had initially intended for it to be. I'd wanted Glalie to work with Froslass, but not in just a "Glalie switches to Froslass, whose Ability activates" sort of way. It can do that, technically, with its second attack, but I wanted the focus to be more on spreading damage here, like a Blizzard. Using Ethereal Grief and having it stick makes up for Glalie's first attack's somewhat low damage by adding 100 to it, but having it land without extra investment is hard. Something like Flygon DAA can at least force them to find a switch, if you like. For whatever reason, a lot of Glalie's cards deal with it getting stronger as it gets weaker, so I wanted to make sure that's seen here as well. Detonating Glalie for a knockout (or 2+ with some more setup) and then putting Froslass Active to try and stop recovery sounds deadly under the right circumstances, but a gust disables that plan entirely, so I don't think it would be broken. And 200 isn't even close to a Knockout by itself anyways, but that's where Froslass comes in.

I don't have much time, so this is just a short update, but thank you all for reading nonetheless.

Last edited:

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Aron HP: 60 [M]
Basic
aron.png

NO. 304 Iron Armor Pokémon HT: 1'4" WT: 132.3 lbs.
[M] Nom
Discard an Energy from 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. If you do, heal 10 damage from this Pokémon.

[M][M] Food Sharing
Each player attaches an Energy card from their hand to 1 of their Pokémon.

When it evolves, it sheds the steel carapace that covered its whole body and develops a new one.

Lairon HP: 100 [M]
304.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Aron
lairon.png

NO. 305 Iron Armor Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 264.6 lbs.
[M][C] Rumbling
At the end of your opponent's next turn, put 1 Energy attached to their Active Pokémon on top of their deck.

[M][M][C] Territorial Charge 80
If the Defending Pokémon is [M]-type, discard an Energy from that Pokémon.

Aggron HP: 160 [M]
305.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Lairon
aggron.png

NO. 306 Iron Armor Pokémon HT: 6'11" WT: 793.7 lbs.
Ability: Scavenging
Once during your turn, you may discard 2 [M] Energy from this Pokémon. If you do, look at the top 5 cards of your opponent's deck. You may attach up to 2 Energy cards you find there to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. Then, your opponent shuffles the remaining cards into their deck.

[M][M][C][C] Earth Shaking 150
This attack does 10 damage to each Benched Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) for each Energy attached to that Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon)

It claims an entire mountain as its own. The more wounds it has, the more it has battled, so don’t take it lightly.

Aggron likes to hit things. It doesn't usually do much beyond hitting things, but I wanted to remedy that a little bit. Now it can hit things and put resources on something like a Dedenne GX! Earth Shaking would probably be stronger if it wasn't reciprocal, but it fits Aggron's theme to be a little self-damaging. The metal discard on Aggron's ability seems out of place, but it's just to make it less splashable so you don't get obnoxious stall decks looping it without at least some setup.

I'm still not entirely sure what to do. I don't really want to make a set on my own, since I don't really care to make non-Pokemon fakes, so I'll probably just post a line or two when I feel like it.

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I like Scavenging; I think playing with your opponent's cards (or forcing them to play with yours) is an underused mechanic in Pokémon. You might need to specify what happens to the Energy if they're removed from play, like the text on Head Ringer / Jamming Net, but apart from that it looks well-thought-out.

For Earth Shaking, you might want to make the effect hit just Benched Pokémon? Doing 150 /plus more damage/ to the Active feels a bit weird in this situation.

Looks great overall! Looking forward to more. :)

LightYearLiam

Your fake cards are quite cool. I like how interesting the effects are. I can totally empathize with wanting to exclude Rule Box Pokemon, lol, but I do like the Delibird V you made.