Art Gallery Falki's Polymer Clay Workshop

MlleFalki

Yveltal Fan
Hello !

I use pencils, markers, paints, ink... but what I do best in my opinion is polymer clay :p
So here's some of my creations, I hope you'll like them !

If you want to use any photo for personal use (such as fake cards), just don't forget to credit me and send me a link to your creation. I can try to take photos outside if you want a background more natural than my hand or anything.

I may trade some of them for cards later (if I'm allowed to, I didn't see anything about it), but shipping such tiny and fragile things is expensive (and hazardous, I guess) so I have yet to decide something...

Shiny Milotic :

About 6cm (2.4in) wide
Took me about 75min

Alexstrasza the Life Binder (WoW)

About 8cm (3.1in) high
Took me about 8h

A set of berries :

Berries : Wacan, Petaya, Tanga, Pamtre, Pecha, Haban, Passho
The Pamtre berry is about 1,5cm (0.6in) long
Took me about 75min for the whole
I still have not decided if I should varnish them or not...
In nature :

Altaïr (Assassin's Creed)

Took me about 15h (without the drafts I usually draw before)
About 5cm (2in) high (the stand is 12cm (4,7in) wide)
I'm not really happy about the tiling which is a little rushed... (I came short of sand-coloured clay...)

Spiritomb

Took me about 75 min.
About 3cm (1,2in) high

Gastly

Took me about 45 min.
About 3cm (1,2in) wide

Critique and comments are welcome :)

Wow MlleFalki, I am impressed with your polymer clay work. I can only imagine how much time and effort must have gone into getting the colors and positioning of those items correct to make the entire piece work. You should definitely think about joining Create-A-Card and team up with someone to showcase your art. :)

Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks a lot :)
I added the time they took me in the spoilers (and the dimensions in inches, by the way). I sometimes realise how much time-consuming this kind of hobby is... Here is just for you the piece that took me the longer (15h, two whole days) :

Altaïr (Assassin's Creed)

Took me about 15h (without the drafts I usually draw before)
About 5cm (2in) high (the stand is 12cm (4,7in) wide)
I'm not really happy about the tiling which is a little rushed... (I came short of sand-coloured clay...)

What takes the most time is really the shaping : some shapes could at first appear as easy and be a real pain in the neck (like the hood D: took me forever)
In Altaïr's case, I also did some research about the appearance of the assassin's bureau, and there was also all the painting...

I went to the fan fakes section, and I might indeed join the contest if I can find some team mates, but the fact is, I'm a very poor photographer :s I don't think my photos would meet the quality expected. Maybe I can take photos on a green screen or something... I'll think about it.

You've got great attention to detail. I can never work with something so finicky and small. Great work! By the quality I hope you're not thinking about stopping!

So, some days ago, I tried to follow your advice and took some shots in my garden :
I'm not too enthusiastic about how it came out but I don't really know why

I also made some new pokémon :
Spiritomb

Took me about 75 min.
About 3cm (1,2in) high
Gastly

Took me about 45 min.
About 3cm (1,2in) wide

I find them quite good, let me know what you think of them !

About the Create-a-card contest : I won't join in, mostly because I took requests for figurines and card painting, and it's taking away most of my free time !
But if you want to use some of my art in it, you are free to do it, just credit me here with a link to your creation. If you want another background or perspective, feel free to ask, I may help you !

:OOOOOOOO

That Gastly looks amazing there!!!! Spiritomb looks a bit far off, but that Gastly is perfect!!! Now I want to make Gastly card ^-^

bbninjas said:
:OOOOOOOO

That Gastly looks amazing there!!!! Spiritomb looks a bit far off, but that Gastly is perfect!!! Now I want to make Gastly card ^-^

Thank you ^^

The pictures are of good quality, that's why I let some space around Spiritomb (hey, it took me some time to balance all those pebbles). You can cut it to match the view you want. And if you need the original shot, I can send it to you

Back