• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Falinks Budget Deck for returning player

Sebuu

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
4x Falinks RCL 109
4x Falinks V RCL 110

Trainers:
4x Marnie SSH 169
4x Professor's Research SSH 178
2x Boss' Order RCL 154
4x Quick Ball SSH 179
4x Great Ball SSH 164
4x Pokegear 3.0 SSH 174
3x Switch SSH 183
2x Cape of Toughness DAA 160
2x Ordinary Rod SSH 171
2x Rosa Cosmic Eclipse(cant remember the abbreviation)
4x Martial Arts Dojo UNB 179
2x Reset Stamp UNM 206
1x Vitality Band SSH 185

Energy:
6x Fighting Energy
4x Twin Energy RCL 174
2x Capture Energy RCL 171

Hi everyone! Im a former player and have been looking for a budget deck to build as most of the cards and decks i owned have rotated. I last played in december i think, but joined in on a sword and shield base set pre-release. Therefore i do have a few useful cards in the format(not to brag but i was also lucky to get a golden Zacian V from an elite trainer box, so i will most likely use it to fund this deck).

I decided on falinks since i wanted a simple budget deck, and also i played passimian/mew(if anyone remembers it) right before it rotated, and hope to get the same joy from this deck. There are a few choices im not so sure about in this deck.
Firstly, i only have falinks' in my deck, and im not sure what other pokemon to add(if i even should).
Secondly, great ball was one of the only other pokemon fetchers i could find, although i just saw level ball coming soon, which i have a play-set of from when i played golduck/starmie.
And lastly, the energies. Im pretty sure there aren't any other energy cards that can fit team attack falinks, and i dont think this will be a problem as passimian also just had 4 dce. However that deck had energy lotto and the card that could get back special energy(i cant rember the name of it either, sorry), so with this current deck ill just run out of energy before i lose. So i thought i might as well use falinks v as an attacker too, even though i dont have anything to get energy on it.

So since im not even sure if this deck is good i would alse appreciate recommendations for other budget decks if that is the case. Also some good products to get back into the game, ive heard of the league battle decks but i also think there was a product that came with boss' order and dedenne gx.

Thanks!

P.S any general tips you have for returning players would be welcomed.

Last edited: