TCG Fakes Faking Resources and Help - How to Make Your Own Pokemon Cards!

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
^Just downloaded the font for the Pokédex Info, I know Frutiger (in Itealics) is the font for the "Evolves from" section for the SWSH, but I don't know what the font is for the Height and Weight section of the card.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
^Just downloaded the font for the Pokédex Info, I know Frutiger (in Itealics) is the font for the "Evolves from" section for the SWSH, but I don't know what the font is for the Height and Weight section of the card.
It's not perfect (numerals aren't wide enough), but Frutiger LT 55 Roman with optical kerning and -1 tracking is what I settled on for my SM/SWSH fakes. It would be nice to know the exact font, though.

Last edited:

KnightofDust

your future past waits
Nyan's SM master psd file uses Frutiger LT Std 67 Bold Condensed, 14.5 pt and 3.45 leading.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Nyan's SM master psd file uses Frutiger LT Std 67 Bold Condensed, 14.5 pt and 3.45 leading.
I haven't seen Nyan's PSD, but Frutiger LT Std 67 Bold Condensed doesn't even look close to me.

LoLGmj8.png

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
A seller on Etsy who claims to be disabled, but is severely lacking in morals is selling ashfield101's deisgns

https://www.etsy.com/listing/847713...ny-collectible?ref=shop_home_active_378&frs=1

His shop name is LimitedEditionEra (www.etsy.com/shop/limitededitionera)

He is selling ashfield101's Snorlax Toro My Neighbor Card
Thanks for bringing that up @Truthhh9! That Snorlax card actually belongs to @Nekoban Ryo, but there is some of @aschefield101's (link), @Robin Aisaga (link), and my stuff there too. If anyone sees their card being sold there, I'd strongly encourage making a report to Etsy and messaging the seller.

Also a couple of ebay sellers doing the same thing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-MI...-ORICA-CARD-NOT-TCG-READ-DESCRI-/383612396331
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGGI-LA...A-ORICA-M-MILOTIC-FULL-ART-FOIL-/142765422782

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
@bbninjas thank you for the mention

This came out of nowhere... people are selling my designs behind my back?! :( Not cool, time to revive this old account

The nerve of this guy...

Art.jpg

Ugh, I suppose I'll report these. If they had just contacted me I would've loved this. Truly, the idea of people buying my designs is flattering. But without even a mention... yeah this is not okay.

HRBEK

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering what the most appropriate transparency level is when printing cards reminiscent of the old Neo era ones would be... Would you guys say 25%? I plan to have a friend print a few for me, and I am hoping to avoid making a low-quality batch. Any suggestions, kind people?

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Would it be possible for someone to upload the Sword and Shield Blanks again and the resources alongside them? I was hoping to get back into faking again, but the Pokémon TCG Resource wiki has closed down.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Would it be possible for someone to upload the Sword and Shield Blanks again and the resources alongside them? I was hoping to get back into faking again, but the Pokémon TCG Resource wiki has closed down.
Unfortunately, Sword & Shield resources aren't available right now. The wiki closed down for a number of reasons, and the resources that aren't available on the dA group are gone with it, at least for now.

We have lots of resources available for lots of other eras, though! Take a look through the OP of this thread and see what you can find. We'd be happy to help you get used to any era we can. :)

ImShadow

Aspiring Trainer
anyone know of any guides on printing your custom holo card once you make it? new to this and don't know what I need to do and what kind of materials I would need to use to make it look good. thanks

All-Stars_Creator

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all. I have been creating my own custom Pokémon TCG format (several sets) of over 1500+ custom created cards.

I'm nearly done with the design of the first iteration of the cards. I made at least 1 card for each gen 1-4 Pokémon. However, all the cards I made so far are text based. (For ease of editing quickly). I'm now looking for a way to playtest some decks from all of these cards.

The current best option I have found is to make images for cards I plan to playtest, and upload them to Untap.in. Then, playtest them there. I have also changed some of the rules, as well as added a brand new resource, so I need a very flexible program rules-wise.

Does anyone have some other ideas or advice for me? I also would love some advice on the herculean task of making all of the cards into images.
Thanks!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Last edited:

All-Stars_Creator

Aspiring Trainer
Welcome @All-Stars_Creator! Many card creators use the LackeyCCG simulator to playtest original cards. We've actually even reached the point of building our own custom card format (currently consisting of 1000+ custom cards) that runs through the Lackey software (details here).

I'd also recommend checking out the Faking Community Discord, most of us reside there!

Thank you! I've downloaded LackyCCG and the custom Pokémon plugin. However, I don't yet understand how I can playtest my own custom cards on there? Is there a way to upload them to Lackey?

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I hope this is the right place to share this, I made this spreadsheet with information gathered and hope in away help anyone to get inspired in making their very own cards, as I'm doing this every now and then, the detailed card info are up e-Skyridge.
(It's quite heavy,

*I'm in the processing compiling all the Ability/Body/Power/Attack into a same sheet for easier search

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I hope this is the right place to share this, I made this spreadsheet with information gathered and hope in away help anyone to get inspired in making their very own cards, as I'm doing this every now and then, the detailed card info are up e-Skyridge.
(It's quite heavy,

*I'm in the processing compiling all the Ability/Body/Power/Attack into a same sheet for easier search

I have sort out the list to make in more friendly, however you probably wouldn't be able to view it unless you downlaod it first as the are many items that the previws shows very tiny lines (If anywayone have a solution for this it would be most helpful)