'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 28, 2018.

1. jinjitsu Aspiring Trainer
    jinjitsu

Hm blissey could be fun. Alola Exeggutor needed grass energy for the same effect and saw a small amount of play. With any energy this could be more creative with malamar,solgaleo prism star or any other good energy engine.

2. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

Looks like Miltank's attack has to do with the number of Moo Moo Milk in the discard if I had to guess.

3. I feel like Blissey could be played as though it's the new Primal Groudon

4. Anselm Sim Aspiring Trainer
    Anselm Sim

Your opponent just needs to Guzma and get rid of the damage counters on board though - I have no idea how it can be pulled off :-/

5. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

Love how Trumbeak is amazing thanks to its ability to be Lost March fuel but Toucannon can't catch a break.

6. Lanstar The Funny Fairy Bug
    Lanstar

If I were to do a Lost March deck, I'd do straight Jumpluff, with Alolan Muk and Shuckle-GX to help stall and nullify abilities - and even discard with trainers. It doesn't rely on special energy, uses 1-prize attackers, stalls at the start, and would break through nearly anything with plenty of win-cons. Probably more consistant, too, as evolving to skiploom just gives the ability to send to the lost zone with ease.

...Oh, and Trumbeak is a must as well! xD

7. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

Going to be real interesting to see which build comes out better because I just don't see Jumpluff and Lost Mixer working well together for some reason.

8. Lanstar The Funny Fairy Bug
    Lanstar

Also... The Miltank is pretty dangerous, too. With Order Pad and Alolan Ninetales-GX, Getting the item cards to do 240 is a cinch, and 130 HP is quite tanky!

9. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

All translations now up! :)

10. MiniMads The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
    MiniMads

Oh dear Lost March. Also, Missing Unown could work, with a little bit of luck and little bit of Lysandre Prism....

EDIT: Shining Celebi is never going to see play ever again. Memory Energy is awesome.

11. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

Could also run Miltank with Sylveon GX too.

12. jo94 Gen 3 lover
    jo94

Lets recap, natu+marshadow gx+lost mixer+trumbeak=12 pokemon in the lost zone=240 damage w/o CB. For a DCE. Here you have your future meta deck sirs

13. cccfire Aspiring Trainer
    cccfire

If we have an SM-on Poke that can attach itself as a tool (don't remember if we do), Lost March would be decently viable since you get 3 Pokes into lost zone per Flower Bridge - 3 Flower Bridges = 9 pokes in LZ = 180 damage and if you have Choice Band that's 210, which is decent

14. cccfire Aspiring Trainer
    cccfire

Oh just saw Lost Mixer

15. AmbientDinosaur Aspiring Trainer
    AmbientDinosaur

Portrait Smeargle returns, but in a toned down version, since having the effect on an attack makes it way less busted.

Still very splashable a fun card to consider.

16. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

Some meta and some really fun decks are coming out of this set. Suicune GX is crazy good.

17. jo94 Gen 3 lover
    jo94

That lusamine, so broken in my BuzzCargo

18. Lanstar The Funny Fairy Bug
    Lanstar

I'm just imagining Whitney in expanded... Using Battle Compressor to discard all of them, and VS seeker will make the supporter draw 7 cards each time! o_O

19. Aera14 Aspiring Trainer
    Aera14

I wouldn't say ever again more like a two to one of now.

MiniMads likes this.
  20. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

So Faba is a better Xerosic and Lusamine is meh. Reinforces my statememnt about Shuckle Stall vs Lost March meta.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?