• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Expanded: toxapex gx, draglage, toxicroak?

Mightyena

Still just a delinquent ;)
This is almost broken.
Pokemon-15
3x Mareanie
3x Toxapex gx

3x skrelp -breakpoint
3x draglage - flashfire

1x toxicroak ex

2x shaymin ex

Trainers 30
4x proffesor sycamore

4x n

4x vs seeker

3x trainers mail

3x max elixer

3x professors letter

2x acro bike

4x virbank city gym

2x lysandre

1 switch

Energy-15
11- psycic energy
4 double dragon energy

The point of this deck is to poison and trap toxipex is the one your going to want to use most with ultra toxic poison which allows you to place 10 damage counters with poisoninstead of one and then draglage stops the poison pokemon from retreating with poison barrier ability which is huge. Virbank city gym is allowing you to ko shaymins easily and in two turns ko any mega and with draglage out your opponents poisoned pokemon wont be able to escape the ko. Idk what else i should add/takeaway but this seems like it has huge potential in this format.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Keldeo-EX defeats this strategy. Garbodor does too.

Mightyena

Still just a delinquent ;)
Garb can be delt around and keldeo hasnt seen to much play but thanks for dissing my deck anyways.

Nyora

A Cat
Keldeo-EX defeats this strategy. Garbodor does too.
Sadly this is true. However, this is expanded! You can at least stall vs these deck using 1 or 2 Xerosic or Startling Megaphone. Since it's expanded, and your have Burbank, I would recommend taking out the Toxicorak. It is way too much setup to get them out and can be easily dealt with. It helps early game, but in the end is just another EX that your opponent eats up and takes 2 prizes for. You don't need DDE (Double Dragon Energy) as Dragalges attack is not very good, making the use of those Energy pretty bad. Recommend dropping the Toxicroak for a Float Stone, taking out all the DDEs, and try to find space for some other cards like Xerosic, Startling Megaphone, and maybe more float sones. I hope you find this helpful! :)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Garb can be delt around and keldeo hasnt seen to much play but thanks for dissing my deck anyways.

No disrespect intended; these are just facts. Dragalge + Laserbank has been in Expanded since forever. Why do you think no one played it? The number one reason is Keldeo.

I will say that 130 damage is still passable and if they don't run Keldeo-EX or a switching card (of which there are many), then they'll die, which is pretty cool, but the fact that there exist so many ways to get around this strategy makes it ineffective.

savarin

Aspiring Trainer
you could use the regular toxapex (63/149) frum sun&moon base wich has the ability 'Toxic Spikes'
Whenever your opponent's Active Pokémon retreats, their new Active Pokémon is Poisoned.
This ability works really well with the ability from toxicroack to create a poison barrier that is difficult to remove unless your opponent plays pokemon center lady or any other healing conditions card.

datoneguy760

Aspiring Trainer
So I just made a version of this deck online and it worked flawlessly. There was a Keldeo first game, Lysandre'd it out. Next turn Evolved Toxapex and Dragalge and his pokemon kept dying on his turn so I just poisoned again next turn. Worked amazingly.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
I have a buddy that plays a similar deck and the version he is using worked pretty well. He was rocking the GUR Rayquaza to accelerate energy onto Toxapex GX which I thought was a really good idea. Once it is set up, the deck is really hard to beat. Also, I think the "Keldeo stops this" statement is overstated. Keldeo makes it more difficult, but you are still putting 100-120 damage on a pokemon and forcing your opponent to make a decision or lose the active next turn. Is it a top tier deck? No. Is it a giant PITA to deal with if it gets set up early enough? Absolutely.

All that said, I think I prefer the Gengar EX + Wobbuffet poison deck better :)

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Should i try to tech in beedril ex

No. You have better tool removal options than Beedrill EX in expanded. If you are that worried about Garbodor (you shouldn't be), tech in Xerosic + 1 Field Blower. That covers literally everything you would want to remove.