• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Expanded Meta Countering Deck!!!??? Zoroark GX Counter Box

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Yo guys, I had known for a while that Zoroark GX counter energy decks are pretty good and have seen some decent success in the past so I made a list of my own for an Expanded tourney at a new league that I'm visiting in 1 week with Sky field, and all those Zoroark GX shenanigans. The goal with this is to attack for HUGE numbers like 210 really fast with Zoroark GX and Sky field, and if your behind on prizes or something just got KOed and you want to 1HKO it back, then you can use some 1 prize attackers that can all be powered up with by one counter energy to counter different decks across the format. So, now that I've talked about the concept a bit, here's the list:

Pokemon: 18

4x Zoroark GX (SHL)
4x Zorua (SHL)
1x Tapu Koko (PROMO) (spreads)
1x Oricorio (GRI) (counters night march, Vespiquen, and 2 shots Buzzwole GX with a choice band)
1x Kartana GX (CRI) (Ability helps against Zoroark GX and GX attack is a win condition)
1x Shaymin (SHL) (1HKOs Lycanroc GX, Zygarde EX, and Greninja BREAKs if one of your Pokes was KOed last turn)
1x Cobalion (LGT) (I use energy press one because it works better against Glaceon and Gardy and hits for weakness)
1x Sudowoodo (BTH) or Absol (GRI) if I can't get a Sudo by the Tourney. Second attack is great and preserves counter energy)
1x Mew EX (DRX) Buzzwole GX/Espeon GX counter, both should be popular after winning 2 regionals)
1x Shaymin EX (ROS) (Draw)
2x Tapu Lele GX (GRI) (Supporter Searching)

Trainers: 33

2x Professor Sycamore (BKP)
2x N (FCO)
1x Cynthia (ULP)
1x Mallow (GRI)
2x Guzma (BUS)
1x Acerola (BUS)
1x Hex Maniac (AOG)
2x Bridgette (BTH)

3x Ultra Ball (SUM)
1x Master Ball (ACE SPEC) (Please don't hate, it's my only decent Ace Spec)
4x Puzzle of Time (BKP)
3x VS Seeker (PHF) (I didn't find myself needing 4, and I needed space)
2x Field Blower (GRI)
1x Rescue Stretcher (GRI)

3x Choice Band (GRI)
1x Float Stone (BTH)

3x Sky Field (ROS)

Energy: 9

4x Double Colorless Energy (SUM)
1x Rainbow Energy (BTH)
4x Counter Energy (CRI)

So like I said earlier, the goal is to get a bunch of Zoroark GXs swinging for 210 against GXs with a full bench with Sky Field while you have a Choice Band attached and if you get behind your opponent, then you can use counter energy and your 1 Prize attackers to revenge KO things while hitting weakness against popular Pokemon.

Here's some explanations for card choices:

Absol:

I play the Absol because I don't have a Watch and learn Sudowoodo right now, and it's second attack makes your opponents active get KOed at the end of there next turn while returning all energy on it to your hand. This isn't much of a problem though because the attack only costs a counter energy while your behind on prizes, and the effect will stick if unless if your opponent retreats or switched whatever Pokemon they have in the active.

Cobalion Choice:

I chose to play the Cobalion from Legendary Treasures instead of the one from Steam Siege because Coalion's in the deck to counter both Gardevoir GX and Glaceon GC witch both attach a bunch of energy to attack witch is why Tapu Lele GX is such a great attacker against both, but Cobalion is great because it hits both for weakness and is only a one prize attacker with a very similar attack to Lele in "Energy Press" witch does 20+ the amount of energy on your opponents active Pokemon witch means that with a choice band, you can 1HKO a fully powered Glaceon GX for just a counter energy and a Gardy with 4 energy for just a counter energy and Choice bad as well (You 1HKO with 5 energy on a gardy without the band).

Kartana GX:

The reason why I play Kartana GX is because it's literally a bench-able E-Hammer witch is great because it makes Zoroark GX do more damage, and it also has a great GX attack in "Blade GX" witch for a metal/rainbow energy, you get to take a prize card witch is a great win condition if you have only 1 prize left, an even though we only play 1 Kartana GX and 1 Rainbow Energy, the combo isn't that hard to pull of with Zoroark GX.

Sudowoodo:

You guys know why it's here (When I get one), its attack for a counter energy copies whatever attack your opponent used last turn, witch lets you copy attacks, while hitting for weakness on Zoroark GX.

No Mimyku: (I think my spelling was WAY off)

The reason why I don't play Mimiku (Has the same attack as Sudowoodo, but can't copy GX attacks and hits weakness against Buzzwole GX and Espeon GX) is because we already play both Mew EX and Oricorio to counter the Buzzy boy so we don't need a THIRD counter to the "Obese Mosquito man" and plus, Zoroark GX 1HKOs Buzzwole GX easily with Sky field in play, same with Espeon GX.

Shaymin:

Its attack does 30+, if one of your Pokemon was KOed during your opponent's last turn, it does 90 more witch helps against Lycanroc GX witch is usually great against Zoroark GX, Greninja BREAK witch can also give you some trouble, and Zygarde EX witch is usually played as a 1 of in Buzzwole GX decks. (KOs all three of those without a choice band)

So please tell me what you think of this list and any help would be appreciated and I want to know what you think of this expanded meta countering deck and any help would be great, Thanks!!!

-Biff The Potato

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Why is Mew here? Buzzwole and Espeon haven't even top 8'd any expanded regionals this year. You don't need Sycamore with 4 Zoroarks, plus Colress is all around better, drawing significantly more cards than Sycamore, on top of Trade. Find space for 2 Exeggcute PLF. For Zoroark's sake, play 2. Free Ultra Balls, Trades, and having a stronger out to Sudowoodo are all very important. Play a 3rd Lele/2nd Shaymin for strong early game draw power(3rd Lele is better IMO) and to have much better odds of T1 Brigette, Hex when you need it, and a basic to bench when you get Sudowoodo'd. Speaking of Hex, play 2. Zoroark is overwhelming BDIF of expanded, Sudowoodo utterly destroys you, Barbaracle keeps you from playing the game, Whales can win with just Xurkitree, Gardy can set up fast in expanded, etc. It's generally a good idea to have Ghetsis for any sort of mirror match, Night March, etc.

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
I was talking about Portland Regionals and Charlottesville Regoinals witch where both standard, and I don’t have eggs or colresses so that’s kind of out of the question, but I don’t think the second Hex or a third Lele because they’re not needed in my opinion, because I can play sky fields and fiend blowers to counter Barbaracle and Guzman to counter Sudo (if your talking about the one from GRI) but the Ghetsis and 2nd Shaymin could be good so got recommendations for what I should take out for those???

Oh against stall, I can just take my time and get set up while my opponent does nothing and then when I get Hex and a bunch of Pokémon, then I can blow up a Xurkitree GX and use all my 1 prize attacker’s to KO hoopas.