Discussion (Expanded) Do You Think We'll Ever Get a Blanket Errata for Cards that Only Affect EX Cards?

Plaquesanta

೭੧(❛〜❛✿)੭೨
By that I mean make cards that only affect EX Pokemon also affect GX Pokemon.

I'm not sure if it would be a good thing, but with TPCI trying to actively curate the expanded format, it could open up a lot of possibilities.

Head Ringer, Regice, and other EX effect cards would become usable again. On the flip side, cards like Brigette wouldn't be quite as ridiculous.

Short answer: no
Long answer: most of the cards that effect EX cards are moving on with the upcoming rotation. They will probably only be played in expanded where more people will continue to play EX cards.

GXs have been out for almost 2 years, If they had wanted to they would have done so by now

The likelihood is low, true, but I could see a world where TPCI would want more strategies to be viable in Expanded. It's obvious why they wouldn't want old cards being usable in Standard (they want you to buy new cards), but in Expanded, the exact opposite is true.

For instance, there are at least three currently unusable Safeguarders, with two integral to a few previously popular decks. Having those available would be nice until new ones are released with power creep. Hoopa isn't splashable in a water deck, while Suicune is. Carbink BREAK is basically garbage without Safeguard.

So? Most cards are just as unusable if not more so then the old safe guard cards. They aren’t special

Hmm...

Okay, so I often hate it when someone sets themselves up as "peacekeeper" because it usually ends up stifling good debate and is nothing but empty virtue-signaling, but I think this might be one of those times where it might actually help further discussion... and we all know how much of an idiot I can be, so not much sense in signaling anything. XP

Short Version: @Plaquesanta I like your idea but @CrownAxe and @Mega Mewthree... are correct. Discussing what might happen if such a "mass errata" occurred sounds like fun, and perhaps a decent intellectual exercise. At the same time, it is possible even if it is highly improbable. The Black & White-era was basically made of "Hey, you know those things we said we'd never do? We're doing them! Oh, and we're undoing some things we did for the Gen IV sets!".

So... how about adjusting (or if such was your intent, clarifying) that while it almost certainly will never happen, this is just a change you'd like to see and why don't we discuss it and see what it might mean?

@Otaku to be honest, that discussion about possibilities was kind of what I was going for, though I may not have said it in as many words.

After the way this thread has gone though, I'm good. Sometimes you start a thread no one wants to approach constructively.

@Plaquesanta Thread Titles are important. ;)

I've messed up what would have been a great thread because I didn't realize my thread title was basically asking a different question than I meant to ask. XP

Haha, well I'd be remiss if I didn't mention some alcohol was involved in that thread title

Back