Ruling Exp. Share and Wishful Baton

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Hi there,

What happens if my Active Pokemon, which has 3 basic energies and a Wishful Baton attached to it, is knocked out AND one of my benched Pokemon has an Exp Share attached? Which Pokemon Tool takes precedence?
Not that I want to do it, it's just an imaginary situation that came to my mind and the doubt is killing me...

Nice exercise, my guess would be Wishful Baton, because you’ll be resolving the knocked out monster’s effects and tools before moving to your remaining benched monsters. I’m no judge neither an expert, just what I would do incase it happens with me.

Btw, following the topic.

Hi there,

What happens if my Active Pokemon, which has 3 basic energies and a Wishful Baton attached to it, is knocked out AND one of my benched Pokemon has an Exp Share attached? Which Pokemon Tool takes precedence?
Not that I want to do it, it's just an imaginary situation that came to my mind and the doubt is killing me...
Hey @Mariano11887, Official Judge here!

In this case, because both effects are activated by your Active Pokemon being Knocked Out, both EXP Share and Wishful Baton would trigger simultaneously. You would then be able to choose which order to resolve them in, or if you choose to resolve them at all.

Here's the link to where this ruling can be found: http://pokegym.net/community/index.php?threads/multiple-effects-how-to-resolve.188079/

Should you have further questions, please feel free to ask!

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
Hey @Mariano11887, Official Judge here!

In this case, because both effects are activated by your Active Pokemon being Knocked Out, both EXP Share and Wishful Baton would trigger simultaneously. You would then be able to choose which order to resolve them in, or if you choose to resolve them at all.

Here's the link to where this ruling can be found: http://pokegym.net/community/index.php?threads/multiple-effects-how-to-resolve.188079/

Hope this helps! :)
Great! So the player would choose which card applies first depending on the situation.
Thank you very much! Now I can sleep peacefully.

Back