Exclusive, Larger 'Chilling Reign' Elite Trainer Boxes Releasing at Pokemon Center!

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I got my PC ETBs today and something is off about the card quality in all of the packs. The edges feel rough, especially when in stacked. They don't look right at all. Like "these look fake" bad. Not that it matters, but this goes double on the code cards, even the ones in a couple of booster boxes I opened.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
Apparently it doesn't come with a metal coin. It comes with the large version of a coin but it's still plastic like the condition markers. The dice are metal though.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I didn't buy one of the Pokémon Center boxes but I was able to scoop up ten loose Chilling Reign packs from my local store before they sold out. And, I have to say, the card quality is REALLY rough. The sides of the V/VMAX cards in particular all look like they were scraped against rocks. My moderately played cards from base Sword & Shield are in way better condition, over a year later.

These cards are the worst quality I have ever seen for cards fresh out the pack, and I've been playing since Plasma Blast came out. Pretty disappointing.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I didn't buy one of the Pokémon Center boxes but I was able to scoop up ten loose Chilling Reign packs from my local store before they sold out. And, I have to say, the card quality is REALLY rough. The sides of the V/VMAX cards in particular all look like they were scraped against rocks. My moderately played cards from base Sword & Shield are in way better condition, over a year later.

These cards are the worst quality I have ever seen for cards fresh out the pack, and I've been playing since Plasma Blast came out. Pretty disappointing.
Ok, it wasn't just me then. I mean for me, the V that I got, I put them in sleeves and into a binder. I can't tell the difference then, but I'm sure many other player/collectors will be pretty agitated. But the rest; I'm not even sure I can put those in my bulk.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Ok, it wasn't just me then. I mean for me, the V that I got, I put them in sleeves and into a binder. I can't tell the difference then, but I'm sure many other player/collectors will be pretty agitated. But the rest; I'm not even sure I can put those in my bulk.

Okay, well, that's two cases of bad printing quality. Has anyone else opened Chilling Reign products and found the card quality to be below average?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
My guess is that they’re running their presses through the night and had to use some machinery that was in sub-optimal condition. Either that or they had to hire a new production plant which has been cutting corners.
Maybe I’m wrong, but that seems like at least a half-decent explanation.

DeiWildcat

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, well, that's two cases of bad printing quality. Has anyone else opened Chilling Reign products and found the card quality to be below average?
Yes! I’ve opened up a booster box and one of Pokemon Center ETBs. I could tell from the backs of the card if I had gotten an Ultra Rare. I pulled about 10 ultras and over half of them have some specks on the backs of them. I had made a post about it on here actually. I even saw some weird spots on the fronts of some of the common cards. The print quality is very poor in this set so far. Hopefully they fix it during the next round of printing.

Also, I never received an email from the Pokemon Center about the mistake the did with the ETBs. In fact I never get emails from them even tho I’m signed up for it. Surprised they even sent one about the tracking. Anyway, should I be worried about not getting the boosters and what not? I sent a support ticket yesterday but no response yet. I have the other Pokemon Center ETB sitting on my desk unopened, cause idk if I should wait or not.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
Yes! I’ve opened up a booster box and one of Pokemon Center ETBs. I could tell from the backs of the card if I had gotten an Ultra Rare. I pulled about 10 ultras and over half of them have some specks on the backs of them. I had made a post about it on here actually. I even saw some weird spots on the fronts of some of the common cards. The print quality is very poor in this set so far. Hopefully they fix it during the next round of printing.

Also, I never received an email from the Pokemon Center about the mistake the did with the ETBs. In fact I never get emails from them even tho I’m signed up for it. Surprised they even sent one about the tracking. Anyway, should I be worried about not getting the boosters and what not? I sent a support ticket yesterday but no response yet. I have the other Pokemon Center ETB sitting on my desk unopened, cause idk if I should wait or not.

Also double check your spam folder. More often than not when you're not getting emails you're expecting the wind up in there.