ex series can't mix with base set?

yochi

Aspiring Trainer
i dont know why but when i check a lot of strategy decks online i dont see anyone using base set pokemon or trainer. Like those energy removal from base set and gust of wind which i think is usefull to kill pokemon like pigeot f/r l/g...just wondering its been so long since i got into pokemon again a lot of question ask..sorry

it's becos only sets starting frm Ex deoxys and onwards can be use in the modified format in those city champship...

only unlimited format can use cards frm all sets...

oh...ic...no wonder..i was thinking that energy removel is too over power for those pokemon who uses special energy like dark and metal...ty but i doubt my friends well listen though

wait so does that mean fire red leaf green and blow can't even be played?..those ex series booster too? like sandstorm and TRR

me and my grps of frds played unlimited style too, juz that they add in some weird rulez like can only play 1 pokemon ex in each deck lol...
i guess if ur frds dun mind u playing cards frm any sets it's fine =)

EDIT: yup only starting frm deoxys onwards... but as i say if ur frd dun mind it's okie ^^

Damn...stupid pokemon TCG they can't just errrrr..shiet so that means a lot of the cards i've been order wont really work huh?..but this is just friend so i guess we'll start from any ex series but just not base set because i really hate those trainer just especially gust and energy removal to kill my dark pokemon..well thanks anyways guess i learn something really important now

Back