News Evolved Starter Pokemon and More Revealed for 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Welp, this basically confirms the Starters Leak. Big Wrestler Kitty is admittedly starting to grow on me, though. As cool as Archer Owl is, I'll be staying on Team Litten.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I guess this pretty much confirms the starter evo leaks? Dartrix doesnt appear to look much like the final, but Torracat lists "The cat punch that this Pokemon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!", indicating it will turn into the big wrestler cat.
Brionne is actually pretty cute, and it probably looks the most like its final leak as it starts to get girlier and more graceful.

Also, that basically confirms no new megas. :(

Last edited:

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Another awesome news dump:

Starter Pokemon: They all look pretty good but I'm really glad that I chose Litleo as its evolution looks the best in my opinion. One thing that scares me is this line, "The cat punch that this Pokemon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!". If this Pokemon becomes bipedal and/or a fighting type, I'm still going to choose it but I'll be really annoyed but this line fits in with the leaks and Brionne certainly looks like it'll evolve into the leaked evolution.

Festival Plaza: Not much to say about this other than its a nice new feature.

Poke Pelago: This is awesome because it means we can finally do something with the Pokemon just sitting around in our PCs.

Mega Evolution: I think we all saw this coming. One thing that interests me is that the trailer says, "relive mega evolution". That makes me think that the Mega Evolutions we have are the last Mega Evolutions we'll get in this game but I'm still hoping for a couple new ones.

Ash-Greninja and demo: Again, I think we all saw this coming (or should have for the people that didn't). As for whether it'll see competitive use compared to Protean Greninja, who knows, we don't know how Greninja's stats change when it changes forme. As for the demo, it was sort of expected that we'd get one after getting the first ever Pokemon demo for ORAS. Hopefully the reveal a new Pokemon or two in the demo as well as giving us other rewards to transfer other than Greninja such as items like in the ORAS demo. One thing that it lists on the official site is that Ash-Greninja is caused by something known as the bond phenomenon, which only happened once several hundred years ago. Whether this means that there is one more Pokemon like Ash-Greninja or that we'll see several more Pokemon like Ash-Greninja because of the bond phenomenon, only time (and the Pokemon Company) will tell.

"Your Time" System: Finally, no more waiting 30 seconds or more for the opponent to make a move. This makes me want to do random online battles again.

"Battling with other players Pokemon": This seems like an awesome way to check out peoples teams before putting in the effort of training your competitive team.

Global missions: This seems interesting. Hopefully we can cooperate :). One thing not stated here is that the "Catch a Lot of Pokemon" mission has the goal of 900,000,000 Pokemon captured worldwide.

Last edited:

Turquoise

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Yay! Archer Owl, here I come!
Also, is it just me or Ash-Greninja always attack twice?

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I'm not exactly a fan of Ash's Greninja... But I'm pretty curious about its shiny form if it has one.

The starter evolutions look good to me. I'm not a fan of Torracat, but I already disposed of my hopes for a slim fire panter.

Brionne is cute, Dartix is funny. The final evolution is still the most important factor for my decision.

WinterPhoenix23

Aspiring Trainer
If littens final evolution is a fire- fighting type to fit with the "wrestling cat" persona, I may quit Pokemon. Forever.

Pikachu19

Aspiring Trainer
I'm so freakin' pleased with Litten and Popplio's 1st evolutions.
Although the odds are against me I'm still hoping for those 2nd final stages.
I love popplio's, but I hate the one for Litten because I really wanted a quad kitty.
Like can you guys imagine a fire Tiger on all four paws?! I'll be so disappointed if it doesn't happen for me. Lol
I feel like I would've been better off if they would've just given me crap for its middle evolution. That way my heart wouldn't hurt like this!
It's bringing back memories of fennekin and braixen. I LOVED both of their designs and then comes delphox. I just didn't get it!

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
Chinese leaks confirmed, calling it now. And why does Ash's Greninja have to be in the Sun and Moon games? I mean, I know it's a demo exclusive thing, and it shows the Z-forms, but still. Why. Also, sadly, I have no GL account, so I probably can't get all the nice Pokémon. *sobs* In regards to the starter evolutions, Torracat is my favorite. Sadly, it will most likely evolve into the wrestler thing. Rowlet's evo (I forgot it's name already) looks nice, but why does it have to have closed eyes?... As for Brionne, I'm probably choosing her in my Sun playthrough, due to her basically confirmed final evolution. However, why the 87.5% chance of it being male? Why not an 87.5 percent of her being female, because look at her! Pigtails, a dress, and she's the kriffing Pop Star Pokémon! I don't get life! (Also, I hate pop music and all things related to it, but Brionne's final evo is amazing.)

Last edited:

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I feel this means the Chinese leaks are golden. Popplio's first evolution definitely has that "siren" feel going. Rowlett's first evo has that "archer" vibe. But, right now; I'm not getting that "wrestler" vibe from Litten's first evo.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I feel this means the Chinese leaks are golden. Popplio's first evolution definitely has that "siren" feel going. Rowlett's first evo has that "archer" vibe. But, right now; I'm not getting that "wrestler" vibe from Litten's first evo.

"The cat punch that this Pokemon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!"

Ashkai & Pikan

I'm broken, can you fix me?
I'm not really excited about Ash-Greninja, but I am glad that the demo gets released to everyone right away.