Question Evolutions Error Cards

Soulstealer0311

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know about the existence of the “Evolutions Charizard EX 12/108” error cards and what they’re worth? I pulled 2 (one holo) that have “Caterpie” name on them. Please email me if I don’t reply here [email protected]AA4261ED-8FD7-4361-8F55-6F83AB502FB7.jpeg

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
Hello Soulstealer,

Unfortunately, these are not misprints; both of these cards are fake. I have seen a handful of Caterpie EX like this before. The fonts used for the attack names/effects and HP are incorrect, and the foil pattern doesn't look right. If you have a card you know to be 100% legitimate (even a basic energy card), compare the color of the backs of both cards. The Charizards will look off. The texture of the cards will also feel wrong when compared to that of a genuine card.

Hope this helps!

Soulstealer0311

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Soulstealer,

Unfortunately, these are not misprints; both of these cards are fake. I have seen a handful of Caterpie EX like this before. The fonts used for the attack names/effects and HP are incorrect, and the foil pattern doesn't look right. If you have a card you know to be 100% legitimate (even a basic energy card), compare the color of the backs of both cards. The Charizards will look off. The texture of the cards will also feel wrong when compared to that of a genuine card.

Hope this helps!
How do u know if the boxes u buy are real? The box of evolutions I got this from was shrink wrapped with the Pokémon ball emblem. Not that it couldn’t still be fake. 0BEDABA4-E44D-4A17-BEAA-0DD206B14212.jpeg57F8794B-F893-48A6-B9AE-EF017368F4FF.jpeg

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
It's likely that the wrap was carefully removed and then resealed after the fact. Those cards are definitely fake. Here's what an authentic Charizard-EX should look like:

en_US-XY12-012-charizard_ex.jpg