Discussion Evolutions Electrode + Life Dew?

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
So I've been doing some thinking about the new Electrode coming out in Evolutions; in Standard, it's probably not going to make many waves because of how fast prizes can be taken and going -1 prize for +2 Energy doesn't seem like the best idea at the moment.

I mean, the only good target that it'd have is BKT Raikou (which, admittedly, is a pretty good target).

But then it hit me - Life Dew essentially makes your opponent take no prize cards, is currently in the Expanded rotation (to my knowledge) and therefore gives Electrode many more options for acceleration, such as M. Manectric.

I think it may have merit considering how quickly you can draw through the deck with the right cards.

Anyway, thoughts?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Electrode EVO's best partner is probably Mega Ampharos. The combination of Buzzap and DCE allows you to completely power up a Mega Ampharos in one turn, which can be clutch in the right circumstances.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Can't argue with that. What about cards outside of Standard, though? B/W Zekrom could actually use it's second attack.

Gunther Spindler

Aspiring Trainer
This is too much setup for so little, Eels with a mix o Raikou/Rayquaza-Ex/Raikou-Ex with FFB are much more consistent and great for a long 7 prize game.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
In Expanded, Zekrom is outclassed as a Lightning-type attacker by Zekrom-EX for its raw damage and Raikou-EX for its ability to snipe.

Rayquaza-EX, as was mentioned, makes better use of Lightning-type support present in Expanded. Two Eelektrik accomplish the same thing one Electrode does, but you can do it every single turn and costs no prizes to do.