• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Evo-Blast!! (an Espeon Prime, Umbreon Prime deck (BR, Master)

Aselia85

Aspiring Trainer
I've been to my share of BR's and the Leaftile deck I built worked alright but wasn't competitive enough so I've decided to try something new with the new Eevee's from Undaunted so heres the deck idea.

Lets start with the Pokemon

Pokemon - 19

2x - Espeon, Prime - UD
2x - Espeon - UD
2x - Umbreon, Prime - UD
1x - Umbreon - UD
1x - Umbreon - MD
3x - Eevee - (CFF, MD)
1x - Eevee - (SoE, RR)
3x - Sableye - SF
2x - Uxie - LA
1x - Unown Q - MD
1x - Azelf - LA

Trainers - 28

2x - Broken Time-Space
3x - Bebe's Search
2x - Expert Belt
2x - Pokemon Collector
2x - Pokemon Rescue
3x - Energy Exchanger
2x - Interviewer's Questions
2x - Super Scoop Up
2x - Pokedex Handy 910
4x - PokeDrawer +
1x - Flower Shop Lady
1x - Luxury Ball
2x - Warp Point

Energy - 13

4x - Rainbow Energy
4x - Special Darkness
3x - Psychic Energy
2x - Dark Energy

With a quick review of other decks, a weekend of play-testing and some helpful advice I've revamped the deck. I had some pretty good luck with the deck as is (minus sableye, didn't have it to play-test) and if I can set up quick (4 evolved eevees, E.P as active, E, U.P and U on bench, turn 1/2) its very effective for damage moving and Evo-Blasting for heavy damage, however if its slow to start (no eevee in first hand) things become a lot harder. Sableye helps with this as I can search out Collector on the first turn and begin set-up from that. Everything else is more or less standard issue.

So there's the deck in a nutshell. Advice is much approved^^

RE: Revolving Eevee's (BR, Master)

I would use Spiritomb over Pichu because the problem is not getting the basics (Call for Family) but evolving a full bench of them.

RE: Revolving Eevee's (BR, Master)

i would personally run collectors and i believe its the RR eevee that allows you to search for 2 evolutions. i feel you are able to get the cards that you want out more consistantly this way

Alright I know I havn't posted since I uploaded but after a review of other decks, modifications and a weekend of play-testing I've revamped the deck (see first post). The big change is removal of Jolt/Flare/Vapor. They slowed down the deck to much and I found myself focus on the 2 mains, Espeon and Umbreon instead. Other changes include more staples and rework or trainers and more draw power. Still looking for advice to make this BR's ready.

Switch the Rainbow Energy for Double Colorless Energy then drop 1 Espeon UD and 1 Umbreon UD for 1 Espeon MD (Give's all eeveelutions more HP) and 1 Umbreon MD (Give's all eeveelutions free retreat cost and no weakness). Now drop 1 Uxie for 1 Unown Q (Allows you to freely retreat Sableye once your done with it). I would also drop the {P} energy down to 2 and add 3 basic {D} energy as you should focusing on Umbreon prime to attack if ever you were to attack with Espeon prime it would just to use Umbreon prime's attack. Using Espeon UD to "heal"as well shouldn't be done too often.

@X_empoleon_X - Whats your reasoning for droping Rainbow for D.Colorless? I don't see a point as the only Eeveeloution that needs 2 colorless is Umbreon Prime and having no Rainbow slows down Espeon Prime and forces the use of a darkness (norm or special) which is a waste when one Rainbow does the trick. In terms of Espeon/Umbreon UD/MD deal, I've been debating on this. As it stands my field sets up nice E.P as active, Espeon UD and Umbreon UD on bench to stall and heal and U.P for the heavy hit attack, adding any others could slow things down alot thou I could see a place for Umbreon MD. I'm not sure what the current main stream decks look like in terms of poke-body's/powers so I could see a use as need be deal for Umbreon, but Espeon seems like it would just clog things up. An extra 20HP is nice but not being able to heal of 40 makes it pointless when expert adds 20 already. I'll have to think about this one. Unown Q is not a bad idea for sableye so I'll play around with that and I was thinking about swtiching around a few psychic for dark so I'll keep that in mind thanks.

On a side note I have taken down a blastcatty deck with solar suggestion before lol, my opponent did have a bad start-up but it was fun to watch Espeon Prime get hit for 40 only to have it moved on to their pokemon ^^

I think that you should drop 1 eevee MD and Add 1 more eevee from RR to help get the eeveelutions out faster and you have a back up in case it gets killed

In terms of pokemon I would say that your pretty well off, the only two things I would change is drop an Espeon UD and add an Espeon MD to keep your options open. and have a full or half set of Eevee RR, for signs to get eeveelutions out faster. Espeon MD may be a bench sitter but say espeon prime is about to go out, you could then use morning sun to then move the precious rainbow energy to another espeon prime, and hit for 60 damage.

trainers and supporters are decent but i would drop the 2 pokedex handy for 2 pokemon collector, drop the 3 energy exchanger for either 2 interviewers questions and a flower shop lady or for 1 inteviewers, 1 flowershop lady, and 1 bebe's (always good to have options after flower shop lady).

for energy i would drop 4 rainbow energy for 4 double colorless (in which case change double colorless energy for rainbow energy in my suggestion above) , being that evoblast is probalby going to be the game winner. and because evoblast does take 2 turns minimum to set up, you would start with regular dark on espeon prime (assuming he's your main attacker, and you have umbreon UD on your bench) for a bit of damage and the possible lock (everything about this deck is situational) and gives you a steping stone for Double colorless and the Evoblast. yes i can see how rainbow would be nice (but would mean 3 turn set up for evoblast) double colorless is even better (for 2 turn set up for evoblast) also if you have such a heavy use of rainbow energy, why not switch some of your basic energy with double colorless, best of both worlds with any eeveelution attack set up in 2 turns with only 2 energy instead of 3.

ok this deck looks okay but you should drop the flower shop Lady seeing that you can't get less then 3 it has to be 3 or you can't use it also take out a bebe's search and a pokemon rescue and put in 1 Palmer's and 2 pokemon communication seeing that you run 19 pokemon and alot of supporters it should help

people have called judges on be for not being able to get the full 3 of each, but they have interpreted it as 3 or as many as possible, so i would say they're worth having.

Back