Espeon-*EX* Post S/M

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
111557_150w.jpg

In many ways, depending on how well GX cards become in this Sun & Moon Meta, I say watch out for this card. It proves that Stage 1 and 2 GX's have one major exploitable vulnerability: They evolve from fairly low-HP Pre-evolutions. For instance, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Primarina -GX, etc. will often be played on top of 60 HP basics, usually bypassing the stage 1 with Rare Candy - so you can potentially just do the 60 damage upon them, and then use Espeon-EX's Miraculous Shine to finish the Knockout(s) with one single energy!

Of course, there is a drawback: You did not exactly knock out the GX card, so you only get one prize card for the normal basic you just devolved. But despite that, just forcing your opponent to re-evolve a Basic into a stage 2 can also be rewarding as well. I can see this card as a easy tech in the future.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I feel like that if there is a GX on the field, it'd normally be in your best interest to get those two prizes, as oppose to just one. Miraculous Shine would be more situational; perhaps if you only need a single prize, or if you can take multiple KOs in one turn with it.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
It depends on a few things:
Forest of giant plants is really good as many viable Pokémon are grass types and those decks won't use rare candy so they can just re-evolve their Pokémon unless they are KOed through miraculous shine.
Espeon GX's GX attack allows it to spread 100 damage on the field so maybe that with other spread attacks and miraculous shine could be really good at shutting down decks that use rare candy.
Just also depends on how much stage 2s get played

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
With the small HP of the evolving basics and the GX Pokemon being huge on HP and attack damage as high as ever, Espeon EX could break the format since devolving them could pick up multi knockouts. With the right build, you don't need to KO Pokemon through damage. Just put down like 90 damage on things and then devolve them.

The card we should all be worried about is Glaceon EX, who can just wall all of the GX format.

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
With the small HP of the evolving basics and the GX Pokemon being huge on HP and attack damage as high as ever, Espeon EX could break the format since devolving them could pick up multi knockouts. With the right build, you don't need to KO Pokemon through damage. Just put down like 90 damage on things and then devolve them.

The card we should all be worried about is Glaceon EX, who can just wall all of the GX format.
Honestly, with Pokemon Ranger I don't feel like Jolteon EX and Glaceon EX are that big of a wall anymore. I think locks like Ability and Item will be more feared in the format.

Problem2

Aspiring Trainer
Stage 2's that relied on a rare candy to evolve will be especially vulnerable. One attack from Espeon-EX could set you back a ton of resources (and keep doing so).