Escape Rope (Freeze Bolt # 54) {8/22/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Escape Rope​
54.jpg

Escape Rope – Trainer
Item

Your opponent switches his or her Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon, if any. You switch your Active Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon, if any.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

In a world where Catcher and Switch thrive "happily", I don't see the point of this Warp Point re-print.
Warp Point is just pointless. If you run it over Switch, your Catchers become useless. Plus, your opponent can just bring up an Emolga or Sableye or something useless. Then you Catcher after that?! Once again, pointless.

Now if it worked like Palkia Lv.Xs Power, that'd be really interesting....

If you played during the DP era, you would know that Warp Point was infinitly better than Switch. Now without Junk Arm, it can act as a pseudo-Catcher when you don't have one. It it much better than Switch all around.

@RogueChomp
Does it matter if they bring up Emolga or Sableye? It's a free prize...

I'm guessing they did this to allow players to be able to switch without retreating more.
They might as well reprint switch.
It's kind of useless.
2/10 for playability and 3/10 for artwork

U could KO their Emolga or Sableye, but wouldn't you rather KO their support or attacker? Also, Warp point swithces your opponent out of a lock if you are trying to buy time.

The only deck I could see this working inis Chadelure/Darkrai, or Dusknoir varients, where it doesn't nessesarily matter who's out front on your opponent side.

It doesn't provide any disruption in this format. I would much rather force my opponent to keep their active up than give them the choice of what to send up. They will always send up an Emolga or something that when KO'ed doesn't hurt them at all. With Catcher in the format, this card will have very restricted uses.

Back