Collecting Error Card? Maybe?

Rhysyo

Aspiring Trainer
Hey there. Cant find out anything about this card online... perhaps I'm just using the wrong keywords but if anyone has any information?

Attachments

• Magmar.jpg
    Magmar.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 42
Looks more like one of them Chinese ripoffs than anything else. Base Set Magmar has 70 HP, did 50 with Flamethrower, and didn't fight with kitchen utensils.

Ah, I too yearn for the days when the elemental punches were Special attacks and Alakazam was one of the most versatile sweepers around. I'm sorry to say but I have to agree with MystikX. That card is counterfeit. The format of the card is mimicking Base Set, as it is the original card style, but lacks a set symbol. It has the same collector number as Magmar from Base Set, but as noted, the attacks, artwork and HP are all different. Also Base Set Alakazam does not feature this artwork. Major error cards do exist, but they are exceptionally rare, and typically feature elements that are swapped from other cards. Most error cards have only small issue, such as a mistake in the text or miscut edges.

Last edited:
Major error cards do exist, but they are exceptionally rare, and typically feature elements that are swapped from other cards. Most error cards have only small issue, such as a mistake in the text or miscut edges.

Prerelease Raichu, HP 50 Vulpix, HPless Ninetales, Jungle Electrode w/ Base artwork, Edition d Butterfree, "Filp a coin" Psyduck/Weepinbell....that list goes on.

Back