Error And Misprint Database [Updated September 1st]

Did you find this guide interesting/useful?

• Yes

Votes: 68 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PikachuMatrix

J-Core!
Well, yeah I decided to create this database so everyone can take a look and generally find out about cards that have been misprinted or have errors on them.

UPDATE HISTORY

[12 May 2008] [Database started] Rapidash and Dark Vileplume scans added]
[13 May 2008] [Dark Arbok and Vulpix scans added]
[15 May 2008] [Seaking and Blastoise scans added]
[20 May 2008] [Ninetails scan added]
[21 May 2008] [Koga's Ninja Trick scan added]
[31 May 2008] [Unown O, Horsea, Team Magma's Camerupt and Shining Tyranitar scans added]
[4 September 2008][Rocket's MineField Gym Scan Added]
[03 November 2008] [Dark Persian Scan Added]
[04 November 2008] [Lanturn and Gastly Scans Added] [Thread Gets Stickied!!]
[30 July 2009 *Wow I'v been gone long*] [Kakuna, Bulbasaur and Empoleon Level X Scans Added]
[21 August 2009][Jungle Electrode and Dark Raichu Scans Added]
[12 June 2010 (OVER TWO YEARS SINCE I STARTED!)] [Lugia Legend Scan Added]
[25 June 2010][Prerelease Raichu Scan Added]
[6 July 2010][POP 7 Mareep Scan Added]
[12 August 2010][Aquapolis Lanturn Scan Added][zeboosh14's Raichu confirmed FAKE]
[20 August 2010][Undaunted Metal Energy Scan Added]
[1 September 2010][New Laptop! :D][Promo Mewtwo Scan Added]

Here goes then:

Dark Vileplume-Team Rocket 13/82

The card was accidentally printed with a weakness to Fighting, but the real weakness should have been Fire. Iv included a scan of the correct card for comparison:

2lxhzyd.jpg

Rapidash-Jungle

The card was printed with "Put Rapidash on the Stage 1 card" instead of "Put Rapidash on the Basic Pokemon"

2uzvt44.png

r7ua00.jpg

Vulpix-Base Set

This card was printed with HP50 instead of 50HP. This was only corrected very late in the printing run of the set, so it's rarer to find the corrected card.

2v2jl9s.jpg

Dark Arbok-Team Rocket

Almost every one of these cards (maybe all) were printed with incorrect copright dates.

zn3c05.png

Seaking-Jungle

This card was printed with the same error as Rapidash, it says: "Put Seaking on the Stage 1 card". [The scan is from www.Pokebeach.com]

264t3qh.jpg

Blastoise-Base Set

The card was missing the word Stage in "Put Blastoise on the Stage 1 card". Sorry for the bad scan, my scanner was being stupid again lol.

2r2uecw.jpg

All contributions are really appreciated so if you have any scans (I only need scans at the moment), please PM me! thanks!

Ninetails-Base Set

Alot of Base Set Ninetails were missing the damage (80) on their second attack! The scan is from Pokegym.

2s0k57d.jpg

Koga's Ninja Trick-Japanese Gym Challenge

This card caused alot of controversy when it was released, as a symbol in the card's illustration was very familiar to a nazi swastika. This card was changed for later Japanese sets, and for the American set! [The scan is from Ebay]

2yto22h.jpg

Unown O- Neo Revelation

In the PokePower, it says "once during you turn", instead of "once during your turn"!

wqq8wm.jpg

Shining Tyranitar- Neo Destiny

This one's pretty well known, it says "hust" instead of "just" in the flavour text. Every one of these cards had this error. Sorry for the bad scan, my scanners being really stupid at the moment, I'll have it fixed as soon as possible! :)

2rmsj0l.jpg

Team Magma's Camerupt- EX Team Magma Vs. Team Aqua

In Camerupt's PokePower, Team Magma has been misspelt as Team Mamga! Sorry for the continued bad scan quality!

a179mo.jpg

Horsea- Neo Genesis

The energy symbols for Horsea's attack are mis-aligned, and one looks as though some of it is missing. Scanner's back to normal now!

2cg7z8.jpg

Rocket's Minefield Gym-Gym Challenge

In the effect of the card, it says "Put damage counters on that Pokemon", and doesn't specify the ammount od damaged to be placed. Almost every one of the cards has this eroor so it's rarer to find a correct one. Note: It should say "Put 2 Damage counters on that Pokemon". [The scan is courtesy of airconditioning]

2vxmywl.jpg

Dark Persian-PROMO

The card was printed without its HP. Does this make it the most ultimate invicible card? Finally, a Kingdra counter!
Yeah the scan is rubbish, but it's the only one I could find. Sorry!

5zqku9.jpg

Lanturn-Legend Maker

In the last line of the second attack, the word "then" should read "than". Thanks to Dimentio for this info!

27ys6zd.jpg

Gastly-Stormfront

In Gastly's first attack, it should read "your oppenents", instead of "you opponents". Thanks to Pokefan4000 for this info!

35hfcb9.jpg

Kakuna and bulbasaur - Base set

Some of the first edition cards were printed with "Length XX Length XX" instead of "Length XX Weight XX"

a3kyz9.jpg

29ca0e0.jpg

Empoleon Lvl. X - Diamond and Pearl

The Poke Body should actually have been a Poke Power, but they printed the wrong symbol.

2ls8im0.jpg

Electrode - Jungle

The card was accidentally printed with the artwork of the Base Set Elecetrode, this is apparent in all of the 1st Ed Jungle Electrodes. (Sorry for the rubbish picture, it's the only one I could find.)

ng36kh.jpg

Dark Raichu - Team Rocket

In the top right corner, it should say 'Put Dark Raichu on the basic Pokemon', however it says instead: 'Put Raichu on the basic Pokemon'.

1osx36.jpg

Lugia Legend (Bottom Half) - HGSS

In the bottom left corner, in the flavour text, 'It' has been spelled with two 'I's. Is this apparent in all of them? Reply BBEEEELLLOOOWWWWW.... :p

2znwbix.jpg

Prerelease Raichu - Base Set

The most sought after misprint, and possibly card, in the world! Only 8-11 of these exist, and so far there is only 1 confirmed photo of a real one.
In light of a recent thread about a possible second confirmed photo, I'v added this to the database.

The confirmed photo:

adnjwm.jpg

The unconfirmed but maybe real NEW photo of a second raichu, owned by zeboosh14:

555i0x.jpg

And the close up of the prerelease stamp on zeboosh14's card, as taken from his thread:

2mra1kj.jpg

Zeboosh14 has confirmed his Raichu as photoshop job!

The link to the Pokegym article on the PR Raichu, well worth a read: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32583&page=2

Mareep - POP 7

It's unknown how many have this misprint, but it seems alot, if not all of the POP 7 Mareeps were printed without an artist name. The pic is from eBay, and shows the POP 7 Mareep compared to the normal card without the error.

34qk9j7.jpg

Lanturn - Aquapolis

Again, I don't know how many of the RH versions of this card were printed with the error, but many had a Poke Body symbol with no text following it. Thanks to Dichromate for the scan!

2ptnqqx.jpg

Metal Energy - HS Undaunted

The card is missing a full stop after the {M} symbol in the text.

91dyli.png

Mewtwo - First Movie Promo

The only time I have ever seen one like this, where the card had gone through the stamping machine upside down. Presumably there is at least one full sheet of cards printed like this. Thanks to SuperMatt142 for the scan!

Misprint_WotC_Mewtwo.jpg

IF YOU'VE ENJOYED READING THROUGH THIS THREAD, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!!

RE: Error And Misprint Database (Updates Coming)

i have a misprint mr. mime from jungle that instead of a jungle set sign, it is blank. and dont forget the infmous dark raichu. and my friend has a world championship dark pupitar that says stage 2 after the evolves from larvitar sign. srry i cant upload pics

Wow, I have that misprinted Rapidash, I didn't even Realize it! That particular card is one of my favorite cards to! Wow pretty suprising!

I have heard that there are some Base Set Wartortle that have a figure of Wartortle instead of Squirtle is that true?

Pikachumatrix,

The two errors you currently have posted exist on EVERY card like it in that series (It's not really "rare" if all of them have it). There is a complete guide to errors that can be found here: http://www.pojo.com/pokemon/Error_Cards/index.shtml.

Palantrooper,

Yes, you are correct. It's not rediculously rare, but it's not easy to find either.

I don't get the point of this. Both of those has been rotated long time ago & if I'm right, those errors was posted in the Compendium before...

Ok well a few of you of replied so I owe a few answers I guess.

The point of this is to 'educate' other people about cards that were mis-printed, either for general interest or to check to see if you have any of these cards.

I'm fully aware that these mis-prints (Dark Vileplume and Rapidash) are not rare, but I never claimed they were.

Yes there is a Wartortle printed with another Wartortle in the Evolves From box, instead of a Squirtle, and I'm doing my best to find a scan of it.

I have a Vulpix from Base Set 2 with the same error from Base Set. Apparently they didn't catch it until after BS2 was released.

~DogMaster40

Theres several base pokemon with "Length, Length" on them instead of "Length, Weight". Buttefree from Jungle has a D for the first edition symbol sometimes. Some of the base trainers have an extra year on it (I want to say 1999). Blaine's Charizard has a common error with a fighting symbol instead of a fire one for one of its attacks. Alot of translation mistakes (lately, slowking, ect.).

Whats the point in educating people about the error if the ones you're posting aren't worth seeking?

furroshi man, that's because there was a period following the address (which for some reason was included in the address. Try this:

http://www.pojo.com/pokemon/Error_Cards/index.shtml

Are you talking to me? Because fun triva is always good? And that list is horrible. They list the holo cards from the starter decks from the ex series as errors. :/

Moneyking63 said:
Wow, I have that misprinted Rapidash, I didn't even Realize it! That particular card is one of my favorite cards to! Wow pretty suprising!

Yeah.I checked my rapidash and it has that error!It isn't actually mine, it's my sisters and she got it from my brother.Its been there for years and we didn't even realize it had a misprint until I pointed it out yesterday ! :D That is just so cool!

vilebaseball said:
Whats the point in educating people about the error if the ones you're posting aren't worth seeking?

Jeez, did you ever think that some people just like hearing about stuff like this? It brings back good memories. And its always fun to go through your old card collection to see if you have the error version.

I've also heard about a Base Set Ninetales without an 80 next to the Fire Blast attack. Why did they have to screw up on the Vulpix family? I think they just hate foxes.

~DogMaster40

I agree with DogMaster. The first time I played Poke TCG was when Sandstorm was released, so I never got to see all of these misprints. Keep 'em comin'!

The rarest misprint would have to be the japanese version of ancient mew with nintendo spelt wrongly. They did correct the mistake soon after it's been released making it quite rare.

I've got the same dark arbok except mine is a wizards stamp promo I found in the drain. Didn't have the error. I guess they've already corrected it.

Seaking Jungle has the same mistake as Rapidash and all Dark Arbok cards had that mistake but I don't think anyone noticed. There are tons of other cards like Scizor Neo Discovery with the text saying 20x and the regular number is 20+.:)

Don't forget about the Promo Dark Persian with no HP. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back