Epic Rap Battles of History

Man, what's with the hate for Grimes vs White? I'm not really a fan of either show, so a lot of the jokes went over my head, too, but I still thought it was a cool rap.

PMJ said:
Hot off the presses, it's the next episode of ERB, this time pitting Goku vs Superman, with the detestable Ray William Johnson portraying Goku:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MW9Nrg_kZU

Ugh. Despite my dislike for the actor, Goku's raps were a little better... but I didn't particularly care for either one.

What do you guys think?

I thought it was good but too short should have been alot longer but cool to see Ray Johnston sing again his old band on youtube had good songs about pop culture and such :)

That new one - Poe vs King. Definitely no writer's block here :p Battle Here

Watsky makes a triumphant return and killed his second verse. This was a very close one, but King had so much stuff to say compared to Poe, wow. As a writer myself, I approve.

I wish I knew more of Poe's writing to catch the references. I like the "Poe's poems pwn posers" line. Very strong. I felt after Poe's fast second verse, (which didn't seem to carry any weight in my eye), I have to hand it to King for his overall solidity. I know more of his stuff, however.

Was a epic battle indeed cant wait to see the Weird Al one i assume its a actor dressed up like him or he himself in a battle hopefully vs Pinkie Pie or maybe his younger self.

What Weird Al one?

Also Stephen King won. I can see Zach Sherwin's influence on King's rap. He just dominated here.

PMJ said:
What Weird Al one?

Also Stephen King won. I can see Zach Sherwin's influence on King's rap. He just dominated here.

They announced Weird Al will be in a future battle

I really wish Poe vs. King would have been Lovecraft vs. King, they're writing style's are much more similar and I feel like they would have more to rap about in regards to each other. Oh well, Poe is a great author as well.

MtheW said:
I really wish Poe vs. King would have been Lovecraft vs. King, they're writing style's are much more similar and I feel like they would have more to rap about in regards to each other. Oh well, Poe is a great author as well.

It probably could have gone either way, but notice how Watsky has done the two most verbose participants in ERB history in addition to an eccentric doctor - I think he prefers to play characters of writing or lyrical fame (think complex prose) by virtue of being a technical rapper himself, and given a choice he would likely pick Poe. Given Watsky as a person, Poe probably just suited him better.

Also, Lovecraft looks more like someone to be played by nicepeter :p

If by glorious you mean mediocre at best, sure :D

Maybe it's cause I haven't seen the video yet, but I don't really like this one.

I've only listened to it once over, and I'll wait till the video is posted before I make a final decision, but the choice of participants is pretty good. Though yes, I agree with it being not extraordinary - reminds me of the mash-up that happened in "#23", just better in quality (and taste lol).

Nye was destroyed, though Neil Tyson's part was probably my favorite. I wasn't a fan of how Peter portrayed Bill Nye, either -- usually he's pretty spot-on when it comes to impressions, but I just wasn't feeling it.

"Why don't you pick on a brain your own size?" way to imply the guy you're backing is a moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl7CLaZFG1c&list=PLQ-7WiWmOuK9kZYOD9Z8MhZK-0Fv6T3c5

In my opinion, Wallace took that for sure.

Back