BW/BW2 English Names For Revealed Pokemon

kangaskhan said:
pignition sounds really stupid as well it sounds like some sort of machine

Apparently, "ignition" sounds like a machine?

Pignition sounds awesome. "Piglit" is sort of clever, too. I would love it if Nintendo of America pays attention to the fans and names Tsutarja "Smugleaf". Otherwise, I'll just nickname my grass snake Smugleaf and not evolve him for the entire game.

I like the new names I can't see what other pokes they come out with in the near future.

Majora_787 said:
Heracross. Magikarp. Tyranitar. Pikachu. Raichu. Bulbasaur. Ivysaur. Venusaur. Charmeleon. Charizard. Squirtle. Blastoise. Chimchar. Turtwig. Grotle. Torterra. Empoleon. Voltorb. Magnezone. Tangrowth.

A LOT are made of two combined words.
Then Tell me some of the words they are combined with. Although some of them i already see. Oh. And BTW they usually use greek and latin in their pokemon names. not English. That is what i meant. Thats just what i thought anyway

x598 said:
Then Tell me some of the words they are combined with. Although some of them i already see. Oh. And BTW they usually use greek and latin in their pokemon names. not English. That is what i meant. Thats just what i thought anyway

Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir. They all combine the word Dusk with the words Skull, Cyclops, and Noir.

Pika and Chu. Rai and Chu. Bulb and Saur. Ivy and Saur. Venu and Saur. Char and Chameleon. Char and Lizard. Squirt and Turtle. Blast and Tortoise. Chimp and Char. Turtle and Twig. Tortoise and Terra. Volt and Orb. Magnet and Zone. Tangle and Growth.

I am not going to sit here and splice every single spliced name for you. =\ It's boring and takes up forum space.

Anyway, some of the names that have been come up with ARE pretty bad. But it's a universal fact that Crocodune is a winner. :D

...Maybe. =P

If they keep Pokabu, I hope that one of it's evolutions would be called Pokaboom lol

And I think the sarcophagus (if it's part dark-type), could be called Darkophagus

I think Nibblagon or Fangon could be cute for Kibagon :D
I'm not sure if Wargle would sound good in English. It makes it sound less majestic :/
There's too many to think of names for atm DX

I don't know why they would keep pokabu. It makes no sense in english. =\

I mean, every single name is changed so it at least somehow makes sense in english. Why would they keep Pokabu, which doesn't?

Slitheroot does sound believable for an evolution of Tsutaja, or something. Not like Snivy...Eh... That doesn't sound legit to me.

Well, not every single name is changed in Translation from Japanese to English.
But starters' names are always changed.

Playerking95 said:
slivine(sliver+vine) for the grass starter.

Before trying to sound more intelligent than the rest of us, please use the correct word, idiot. You mean SLITHER not SLIVER. Go back to school and get your edjumacayshon.

SPM3 said:
Before trying to sound more intelligent than the rest of us, please use the correct word, idiot. You mean SLITHER not SLIVER. Go back to school and get your edjumacayshon.

I know. what is he, a dirt bag used for war?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

PokeBlog said:
I know. what is he, a dirt bag used for war?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Lolz.

Grass Starter: Graslither???
Fire Starter: Piglit or Scorchoink (lol)
Water Starter: Aquottic/Aquotter (lolololol)

Majora_787 said:
I don't know why they would keep pokabu. It makes no sense in english. =\

I mean, every single name is changed so it at least somehow makes sense in english. Why would they keep Pokabu, which doesn't?

Not true. Pikachu makes no sense in english. If I remember correctly, it comes from pikapika which has something to do with sparkle, and chuchu which is supposedly the sound of squeaking. There are quite a few pokemon that have english names that mean nothing as far as the english language goes. In fact, this is true for most legendaries.

And for those that say that Pokabu couldn't keep its japanese name because all starters get name changes, I direct you to Chikorita and its evolutions, who only had one letter each that changed (excluding Meganium). But I have to admit, I really don't want it to be called Pokabu for some reason.

I do actually like Smugleaf but I don't think it should be its official name. Pignite is something I'm kind of okay with, and I prefer Ottler (Otter + Toddler) over Wotter since Wotter is just water spelled weird.

SPM3 said:
Lolz.

Grass Starter: Graslither???
Fire Starter: Piglit or Scorchoink (lol)
Water Starter: Aquottic/Aquotter (lolololol)

Whatever slither than, are you happy now, you snob.
What ideas have you came up with, lets see, nothing. :p

Same here i just wanted to post it quickly so i could look at a different thread. Also i didn't like the way you and the other guy ganged up on me i didn't respect that.

Erm, if we're talking about starter names I had a few ideas...

Tsutaaja - Ivyper/Vinper, Cobrivy, (Ivy + Viper/Vine + Viper, Cobra + Ivy) Other terms for snakes or other types of snakes might fit better for the portmanteau name. Though, I guess viper was used with Seviper ^^;

Pokabu - Pyrlit/Pyrolet (Pyre/pyro + piglet) oink and swine have already been used in Spoink and Swinub.

Mijumaru - Lutrell/Lontrell (Lutra/Lontra + shell), Otrelp (Otter + Whelp (the term for a baby otter)) The scientific names for otters include "lutra" and "lontra" which I think could be combined to make a good name.

Just some more terms to play around with :D

The Evolutions of my Guess for the Starters (even though it's not Announced)

Pokabu- Piglit
2nd Evo- Warmhog
3rd Evo- Swinferno Saying: (Swyn-fer-no)

Tsutarja- Slivy Saying: (Sly-Vi) (Slither+Ivy)
2nd Evo- Palmbra (Palm+Cobra)
3rd Evo- ?

Mijumaru- Shelp (Shell+Whelp)
2nd Evo- Karotter (Karate+Otter)
3rd Evo- ?

Back