• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Empoleon/Zoroark (aka Bench Press)

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
*Pokemon (17)
- Piplup x4 (ULP)
- Prinplup x2 (ULP)
- Empoleon x4 (ULP)
- Zorua x3 (SHL)
- Zoroark GX x2 (SHL)
- Zoroark (stand in) x1 (BKT)
- Tapu Fini GX x1 (BUS)

*Trainers (31)*
- Professor Sycamore x2
- Cynthia x3
- Guzma x2
- N x2
- Brigette x2
- Skyla x1
- Mallow x1
- Aqua Patch x4
- Ultra Ball x4
- Rare Candy x3
- Choice Band x3
- Field Blower x1
- Rescue Stretcher x1
- Pal Pad x1
- Brooklet Hill x1

*Energy (12)*
- Basic Water energy x8
- Double Colorless Energy x4

This is a revision of my Empoleon Waterbox 1.0 deck, also know as Club Penguin lol.

Last edited:
Hi.

Use another Zoroark GX instead of the Mind jack Zooark because having a 3-3 Zoro line is really good and can easily get you what you need, and I don't find the Mind Jack Zoro very helpful.

Hope I helped :)

Hi.

Use another Zoroark GX instead of the Mind jack Zooark because having a 3-3 Zoro line is really good and can easily get you what you need, and I don't find the Mind Jack Zoro very helpful.

Hope I helped :)

I'm gonna keep the Mind Jack zoro for now, it's a one prize attacker and can hit for massive damage. But I'll keep that in mind :)

idk why you'd worry about mind jack zoroark as a one prizer when you're playing Empoleon as a main attacker in the first place. Empoleon has a higher damage cap on a similar attack and more of its damage comes from things you can control, while Zoroark BKT is 100% reliant on the opponent's bench when they're already under pressure from the second they see your piplup to avoid unnecessary benching.

You're not even really taking advantage of the mobility it offers because you run Manaphy, which I'm not sure is necessary either considering you already kind of have a bloated bench. You will want as many Piplups down as you can get ASAP and room for at least one Zoroark. Lana is cute but I don't see it being great either because it doesn't prevent a 2HKO on Empoleon in most circumstances, and you're not really going to want to put water energy on Zoroark-GX. I think that space would be better used increasing your rare candy and choice band counts. Brooklet Hill too, since you don't have Lele (I assume because you don't want to buy them, if you do of course they should be in the list) the turn 1 brigette is going to be very hard to achieve, so you'll need to depend on brooklet to get penguins out.

I'm not worried about mind jack zoroark, I was just saying that I like it's versatility and that I don't have to worry about my opponent taking 2 prizes if I were to add another Zoroark GX. Of course Empoleon would be the main attacker. I've made some changes so far, but still tinkering with it.

-Manaphy = + Acerola
-Also added a third choice band

I'm not worried about mind jack zoroark, I was just saying that I like it's versatility and that I don't have to worry about my opponent taking 2 prizes if I were to add another Zoroark GX. Of course Empoleon would be the main attacker. I've made some changes so far, but still tinkering with it.

-Manaphy = + Acerola
-Also added a third choice band

*Took out Lana for the third choice band

I don't like counter energy unless you're running sudowoodo BKT, which you need to run thicker lines of brooklet to have out reliably when you need it. Requires too big of a deck investment when you're already running DCE for Zoroarks and you want a high basic water energy count for aqua patch. Also exposes you to more special energy hate.

I don't like counter energy unless you're running sudowoodo BKT, which you need to run thicker lines of brooklet to have out reliably when you need it. Requires too big of a deck investment when you're already running DCE for Zoroarks and you want a high basic water energy count for aqua patch. Also exposes you to more special energy hate.
good point.

Updated Decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 2 Zorua SLG 52
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 77
* 4 Piplup UPR 32
* 1 Tapu Fini-GX BUS 133
* 2 Prinplup UPR 33
* 4 Empoleon UPR 34

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 N NVI 92
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

##Energy - 12

* 8 Water Energy XYEnergy 9
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

this deck has a lot of potential in expanded, I havent play tested this deck unfortunately so the changes I suggest are purely based on observation/speculation

4 aqua patch seems excessive since you only need 2 energy for empoleon,
nest balls and evolution balls and evosoda could help smooth out the evolution line
im not a big fan of skyla and brooklet hill
your field blower count is very low and your playing no puzzles
you might want to run more sycamore for the aqua patches
you probably need some tapulele's just to add more mons for the bench
also I think parallel city is one of the most broken cards in this format and the opportunity cost of letting your opponent set up is too high

Last edited:
this deck has a lot of potential in expanded, I havent play tested this deck unfortunately so the changes I suggest are purely based on observation/speculation

4 aqua patch seems excessive since you only need 2 energy for empoleon,
nest balls and evolution balls and evosoda could help smooth out the evolution line
im not a big fan of skyla and brooklet hill
your field blower count is very low and your playing no puzzles
you might want to run more sycamore for the aqua patches
you probably need some tapulele's just to add more mons for the bench
also I think parallel city is one of the most broken cards in this format and the opportunity cost of letting your opponent set up is too high
4 Aqua Patch is needed in this deck so you can get other Empoleon ready more easily while one of them fights and to increase the odds of having one at any time.

Brigette is better to set up your bench on the first turn. Ultra Ball is generally enough for your Pokemon searching needs, while Zoroark's Trade can help you dig for evolution pieces; both cards also can pitch Water energy into the discard for Aqua Patch to accelerate later.

Some decks use 1 Field Blower or none at all because of tight deck space. Brooklet Hill is one of the best stadiums in the format as it can let you search for a Water/Fighting Pokemon for free; you can get it off at least once before it gets Field Blowered/counter-stadium'd. Parallel City is an inferior stadium to Brooklet because both sides hurt Empoleon's damage output, as it's reliant on bench spaces for its damage.

4 Aqua Patch is needed in this deck so you can get other Empoleon ready more easily while one of them fights and to increase the odds of having one at any time.

Brigette is better to set up your bench on the first turn. Ultra Ball is generally enough for your Pokemon searching needs, while Zoroark's Trade can help you dig for evolution pieces; both cards also can pitch Water energy into the discard for Aqua Patch to accelerate later.

Some decks use 1 Field Blower or none at all because of tight deck space. Brooklet Hill is one of the best stadiums in the format as it can let you search for a Water/Fighting Pokemon for free; you can get it off at least once before it gets Field Blowered/counter-stadium'd. Parallel City is an inferior stadium to Brooklet because both sides hurt Empoleon's damage output, as it's reliant on bench spaces for its damage.

Exactly! :D
Plus I run Skyla to search for my rare candies, aqua patch, etc.

I would personally -1 Pal Pad/+1 Brooklet Hill. Knowing how much Buzzwole you'll face it may be the wrong call, but I would personally like to get the evolutionary advantage in 2/3 games rather than a wager for the one exact item I need once in a blue moon.

Back