Emerald

Kirlia7755

Avid Fan
Hey anyone realised theres no Pokémon * in EX Emerald???? Thats why Emerald [Censored]. I'll go for Holon Phanthoms for Energys

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Emerald was bound to suck. It's a throwaway set that was essentially made so we'd catch up on all of Japan's promos and half-decks. I mean, only the exes are good.. and the reprint trainers, of course. :/

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Yup, like bass said, Emerald was a poor set. There are basically 3 good new cards in it: Battle Frontier, Deoxys ex (speed) and Medicham ex. The rest are...well... unplayable to a certain extent. The reprinted trainers like Candy, Wally and Lanette were good and so was DRE but they arent specifically from Emerald. They were probably put in there so people actually bought the set.

Light Venusaur

Deidara~Senpai's student (in training)
Advanced Member
II'll have to agree with "gust of wind" when I got my box of Emerald I got at least 6 candies (now I've just got the one from it.....traded the others for Ex's)

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
Yeah true.....Emerald was only a ripoff. The good cards are just medicham EX, dusclops EX, b.Frontier, and reprinted cards.the rest sucks

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Just wondering.. Jayh, are you trying to get decks with full Matrix energy or something? Because base set energy works just as well.. or theme deck energy, for that matter.

And what about Milotic ex? I quite like the card.. :/

Kirlia7755

Avid Fan
I don't want full matrix decks. I want RS-on energy. If I can get rounded corner ones, it'll be best. I say the best card in Emerald is Blaziken

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
Maybe what they could have done with Emerald is sell packs of Matrix Energies since they are so, popular. I took me 2 months to get 8 Matrix Energies.

elyorchh

Aspiring Trainer
yep, i like the matrix energys of the set ... and hopefull to make a deck with this energys... for me blaziken, sceptile, medicham ex and raichu ex...

ShadowSong

Never giving up
It really stinks because that is the only set I almost have all the cards in. Go figure. I'd much rather have a complete Delta Species or Unseen Forces.

escata

Aspiring Trainer
The damage of the attacks is reduced a lot in emmerald. Most stage 1 pokémon have 3 energy causing only 40 damage, when usually they cause 50.
Seviper causes only 30 damage with 3 energy! This is the base damage for Jungle Scyther, which is much better! (resistance and retreat cost) Many rare cards should be uncommon to me, like Zangoose, Seviper or Chimecho (maybe zangoose could be better with a Double colorless energy in unlimited and nosepass would be a solution against baby pokémon in unlimited)

Emmerald pokémon Ressembles a lot those expedition and older sets, when the attacks of pokémon were weaker based on their costs, like, 3 energy 30 damage for an evolved pokémon. (it changed a little in RS and changed a lot after sandstorm, to the pattern it is now). Few pokémon are freed from this condition in this set: Blaziken, Glalie, and, obviosly, the exs.

I liked , however, the water pokémon a lot. Swampert's power is good and so is Milotic ex (reflect energy). In RS-on, it's possible combo EM-Swampert with the Energy call RS-swampert :)

Emmerald set cards are really well illustrated, I'm obblyed to aggree. It's a "beautiful" set

pichu brothers

Aspiring Trainer
in my country, generally each collection gain a top 10.This is the Emerald:

10.Farfetch
9.Scott
8.Speed Deoxys ex
7.Groundon and Kyogre(rares)
6.Battle Frontier
5.Medicham ex
4.DRE
3.Exploud
2.Rare Candy
1.Blaziken
In my opinion,Farfetch its terrible.(1:draw 1 card.2:30,10 to itself.)

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Hmm... sounds like you guys don't like Emerald a whole lot. That and Team Magma/Aqua are the only sets I don't have just about the whole set of. Would anyone be willing to trade their Emerald cards with me? (Just check out Tomo's haves and wants in the trading corner.) The only Emerald cards I have are the ones I got in the Plusle/Minun trainer kit, and the World Championships 2005 decks. 5 cards total. They just don't sell Emerald anywhere. I mean, the Suicune gift box had boosters from FR/LG, TRR, UF, and DS, but no Emerald, even though that would come sequencially. (That and Deoxys) Even now, the new tin has boosters from LM and Deoxys. Deoxys?! What the heck?! Well, I just guess EX Emerald did not get a postitive light shed on it.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Ya I knew that. I think it was because of the preimeire of the holographic energy cards and I have about 5 or 6 of them and they are awesome.:)