• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Electro Deluge (Raikou / Magnezone)

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, i'm here again in need of your mpression about a new deck that i'm trying to build,
this time with the new cards from BREAK Through! (i've opened a box, nice pull but the set is too big IMHO)
By the way, here's the list:

Pokémon (14)
  • 3 Raikou (BREAKThrough 55)
  • 3 Magnezone (BREAKThrough 54)
  • 1 Magneton (BREAKThrough 53)
  • 3 Magnemite (BREAKThrough 51)
  • 2 Pikachu EX (XY 84)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (Roaring Skyes 77)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (35)
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Energy Retrieval
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Fisherman
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Rough Seas
Energy (11)
  • 2 Flash Energy
  • 9 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

The main cards of this deck are obvious to everyone, and are Raikou, Magnezone and Pikachu EX.
Like in the deluge deck, Magnezone is here to spread all the energy to your benched pokémon, Raikou as the main attacker, and Pikachu has the objective to 0hko everything thanks to his main attack, Overspark.

I've included the professor letter to get two energy from the deck when needed, and thanks to the reprint of Skyla, i can get Balls, Candy and retrievals.
Hex maniac is for the item lock (and bats), and rough seas to counter parallel city and other stadiums.

At this point i've some doubts!

I've included two Flash Energy to avoid the weakness problem, and maybe i need to include at least one of two battle compressor, to help the energy cycle!

What do you guys think?

Hi Mao999,

Nice deck. I would consider these modifications:

- 1 Energy Retrieval (two Fisherman and two retrieval should suffice)
- 1 Hex Maniac (this deck does not seem to need it that bad)
- 2 Flash Energy (cannot be retrived)

+ 2 Bridgette (works great with your non-Ex and can also get Pikachu Ex when needed)
+ 2 Lightning Energy (retievable energy is great in this deck)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Hello everyone, i'm here again in need of your mpression about a new deck that i'm trying to build,
this time with the new cards from BREAK Through! (i've opened a box, nice pull but the set is too big IMHO)
By the way, here's the list:

Pokémon (14)
  • 3 x Raikou (BREAKThrough 55)
  • 3 x Magnezone (BREAKThrough 54)
  • 1 x Magneton (BREAKThrough 53)
  • 3 x Magnemite (BREAKThrough 51)
  • 2 x Pikachu EX (XY 84)
  • 2 x Shaymin EX (Roaring Skyes 77)
Trainers (35)
  • 2 x Professor letter
  • 3 x VS Seeker
  • 3 x Energy Retrieval
  • 3 x Rare Candy
  • 3 x Ultra Ball
  • 2 x Level Ball
  • 3 x Trainer's Mail
  • 4 x Professor Sycamore
  • 2 x Skyla
  • 2 x Shauna
  • 1 x Lysandre
  • 2 x Fisherman
  • 1 x Hex Maniac
  • 2 x Float Stone
  • 2 x Rough Seas
Energy (11)
  • 2 x Flash Energy
  • 9 x Lightning Energy

The strategy

The main cards of this deck are obvious to everyone, and are Raikou, Magnezone and Pikachu EX.
Like in the deluge deck, Magnezone is here to spread all the energy to your benched pokémon, Raikou as the main attacker, and Pikachu has the objective to 0hko everything thanks to his main attack, Overspark.

I've included the professor letter to get two energy from the deck when needed, and thanks to the reprint of Skyla, i can get Balls, Candy and retrievals.
Hex maniac is for the item lock (and bats), and rough seas to counter parallel city and other stadiums.

At this point i've some doubts!

I've included two Flash Energy to avoid the weakness problem, and maybe i need to include at least one of two battle compressor, to help the energy cycle!

What do you guys think?
Just for fun, what did you pull in your booster box?

I would run a high count of Brigette, so you can have explosive starts, and a 1-1 line of Octillery for longetivity.

Also the hex maniac would be more hurtful to you, by stopping magnezone and Raikou's abilities. Otherwise nice deck, I have considered building it myself, although I added eeveeloutions also.

Just for fun, what did you pull in your booster box?

I would run a high count of Brigette, so you can have explosive starts, and a 1-1 line of Octillery for longetivity.
i pulled out mewtwo EX Full art, houndoom, M Houndoom Full and M Glalie :D
(And with my friend all the break Evolution!) but unfortunately only a magnezone and a Zoroark :p

Hi Mao999,

Nice deck. I would consider these modifications:

- 1 Energy Retrieval (two Fisherman and two retrieval should suffice)
- 1 Hex Maniac (this deck does not seem to need it that bad)
- 2 Flash Energy (cannot be retrived)

+ 2 Bridgette (works great with your non-Ex and can also get Pikachu Ex when needed)
+ 2 Lightning Energy (retievable energy is great in this deck)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

i've tryied the modifications, and i like it!
It goes well to the standard format!
And pikachu is maybe the best card of the deck, but i think that one or two compressors are necessary, just to compress and take the energy :)

Also the hex maniac would be more hurtful to you, by stopping magnezone and Raikou's abilities. Otherwise nice deck, I have considered building it myself, although I added eeveeloutions also.
why you added eevolutions?
Are you running some stage 1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I was planning on running Raichu or Ampharos Ex(if I went this route I would not add the eeveeloutions)

Back