Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon has officially revealed Hisuian Voltorb! It is Electric / Grass, likely because Poke Balls of the era are partly made from wood.
It’s classified as the “Sphere Pokemon” while Voltorb was originally the “Ball Pokemon.”

Hisuian-Voltorb-1-200x193.png

Hisuian-Voltorb-200x113.jpg

img_01-200x113.jpg

img_02-200x113.jpg

Here’s its official English description:
This enigmatic Pokémon has a glossy, spherical body. It looks very similar to the Poké Balls of the Hisui region, what with the wood-grain-like makeup of its body’s surface and the hole on the top of its head.​
There seem to be countless seeds packed inside Hisuian Voltorb. Occasionally, it spouts these seeds out of the hole in its head. However, no one knows exactly what it’s...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
"Voltorb was first sighted at a company that manufactures Poké Balls. The link between that sighting and the fact that this Pokémon looks very similar to a Poké Ball remains a mystery."
Now, Pokedex is intentionally vague and also Pokemon barely cares about its own lore, but they went pretty hard of retconning basically everything we knew about Voltorb.

They did slap massive brows on it tho, can't have a regional variant without that.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
Not really excited about the design, but I like Voltorb getting something. Curious about Electrode or even a different evolution.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
"Voltorb was first sighted at a company that manufactures Poké Balls. The link between that sighting and the fact that this Pokémon looks very similar to a Poké Ball remains a mystery."
Now, Pokedex is intentionally vague and also Pokemon barely cares about its own lore, but they went pretty hard of retconning basically everything we knew about Voltorb.

They did slap massive brows on it tho, can't have a regional variant without that.
This new Pokédex entry doesn't retcon anything. Hisuian Voltorb doesn't exist in any other region, and if people barely know about other regions at all, why would a Poké Ball company in Kanto or any other region know what a Voltorb is? A few could've hitched a ride on a boat at some point across the planet to another region and evolved pseudo-Darwinian-style to blend in.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I like it. The new mons and regional variants in this game are all really appealing to me so far.

One of the parts of the video that stood out to me is the scene with the player character with several Voltorb of different sizes. I’m not sure if there have been different size Pokémon of the same species shown in this game, but could this be an indicator that size differences are gonna be a thing? I guess alternatively it could just be another Pumpkaboo situation though.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
In my opinion this is the Alolan Dugtrio/Galarian Weezing of Hisuian, looks so ridiculous that its amazing, Dugtrio its the essence of beauty and Weezing of the elegance, not sure what Voltorb could it be

bauaser

Aspiring Trainer
For everyone who thought that voltorb is pokeball mimic pokemon and it was found in pokeball factory and it is clearly metal like so it does not make any sense for it to be "wooden":

Remember gen 2 (and its remake) Kurt. A craftman who was crafting special pokebals from appricots. From nuts/accorns! So even in early games there was a lore about pokeballs made from plant parts. So it could easily be that voltorb is native to hisui and gen1 voltorb is actually regional form. Adapted to Urban environment.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
In my opinion this is the Alolan Dugtrio/Galarian Weezing of Hisuian, looks so ridiculous that its amazing, Dugtrio its the essence of beauty and Weezing of the elegance, not sure what Voltorb could it be
The essence of eyebrows.

I'm calling mine "Rung of the Pious Pools."

Elec/Grass is a good typing too. I love mow rotom.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
The apricorn reference makes sense, but I have to complain a bit about the fact that yes, they did retcon their pokedex entry. Also it has "le wacky facial hair" that A LOT of new pokemon formes seem to have, when will this trend die off?