• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Electivire/Electrode/Koko

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
This is a fun little lightning deck i came up with for TCGO for post rotation. The point of the deck is basically to set up Electivire for one shots. Below I talk about my experience*, the point of each card and its strength and weaknesses.

Pokémon: 18

1 Victini GRI
2 Electabuzz BUS
2 Electabuzz EVO
4 Electivire BUS
1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI
3 Voltorb EVO
3 Electrode EVO
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI

Trainers: 31
1 Super Rod
2 Nest Ball
3 Field Blower
4 Ultra Ball SUM
1 Escape Rope
1 Lillie
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Guzma
1 Brigette
2 Professor Kukui
4 N
3 Choice Band
2 Float Stone

Energy: 11
7 Lightning Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

*These experiences are from a current standard version i'm running which is still pretty similar. basically playing VS seeker and level ball instead of some supporters and nest ball.

The newest Electivire from burning shadows is awesome. It's capable of doing 170 damage for 2 electric and a colorless. Normally that attack cost is expensive, but with electrode and DCE it's consistently capable of this on turn 2. The set up is pretty simple. Bench some electabuzz and voltorb turn 1 with the help of lele brigette and evolve turn 2. With the help of choice band and Kukui, can one shot a lot of powerful GX's. Lele is there for getting supporters. The space is a bit tight so only had room for 2. Victini is there in case i don't properly set up. It helps the 2 electabuzz with paralysis and helps Electivire do 120 with his first attack which is a really good number to hit. In any case i could always remove it and add another Lele. Tapu Koko is really really good in here. Electivire caps at 220, but with the help of Koko's GX attack has the potential to one shot stage 2 GX's like Gardevoir or Metagross, provided they have enough energies in play. It's gotten me some really clutch wins. Tried playing rough seas at first, but was ultimately useless.

Strengths:
Relatively consistent and fast set up and one shot.

Weakness:
Stage 2 GX's and GX's with more than 200 HP. A lot of them are capable of healing the damage and one shots electivire.
Electivire a few times being stranded in front because of giant retreat cost and not being able to attack (specifically what i need help with). Guzma, Escape Rope and Koko help with this but there's always those unlucky hands. I could play zoroark, but it feels a little too clunky at that point, but who knows. Was also thinking of adding promo Koko.

*Current standard list

Pokémon: 18

1 Victini GRI
2 Electabuzz BUS
2 Electabuzz EVO
4 Electivire BUS
1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI
3 Voltorb EVO
3 Electrode EVO
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI

Trainers: 31
1 Super Rod
2 Level Ball
2 Field Blower
4 Ultra Ball SUM
1 Escape Rope
3 VS Sekeer
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Guzma
1 Brigette
2 Professor Kukui
4 N
3 Choice Band
2 Float Stone

Energy: 11

7 Lightning Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Level Ball's last print was in Ancient Origins, so it'll rotate out. You'll have to make do with Brigette and Nest Ball to get the basics out and Ultra Ball for anything else.

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
Level Ball's last print was in Ancient Origins, so it'll rotate out. You'll have to make do with Brigette and Nest Ball to get the basics out and Ultra Ball for anything else.
I know. It's why i showed 2 deck list. The second deck list is not meant for post rotation. It's meant for the current rotation.