JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Electabuzz and Magmar were revealed from Pokemon Card 151! As noted before, the set will release in Japan on June 16th. We expect to it release internationally as a special set this fall.
Electabuzz – Lightning – HP90
Basic Pokemon
[L] Electric Combo: 10+ damage. If Magmar is on your Bench, this attack does 40 more damage.
[L][C] Light Punch: 30 damage.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Magmar – Fire – HP90
Basic Pokemon
[R] Live Coal: 10 damage.
[R][R][C] Flare Combo: 80+ damage. If Electabuzz is on your Bench, this attack does 80 more damage.
Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: None...

Continue reading...

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Electabuzz and Magmar - default basic to the BRS Electivire and BRS Magmortar ... If someone is interested in it. 3/3

SoFarSoGood

Porygon enthraller, and enthusiast
Another 150+ for three energy with a condition. Remember Team Up Zapdos actually being strong and playable? Good times.
For common rarity the magmar and electabuzz seem fine. I wouldn't expect them to compare to a legendary at holo rarity.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
For common rarity the magmar and electabuzz seem fine. I wouldn't expect them to compare to a legendary at holo rarity.
PTCG, unlike some other TCGs out there, doesn't really have the concept of rarity dictating power. It's more a case of final evolution = rare or above. Magmar and Electabuzz in this set are in this weird position where they are a final evolution, but not really.

TrumoN

Aspiring Trainer
I love how they always get bonded somehow. I love both artworks separatedly, but since they are meant to be used together, my tocs demand same artist and/or relationship between the pics

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Which Pokemons are left? Just from memory I think Machamp, Venomoth, Butterfree, Fearow, Pidgeot, Muk, Arbok, Rhydon line hasnt been revelead yet

RogueMike95

Aspiring Trainer
Which Pokemons are left? Just from memory I think Machamp, Venomoth, Butterfree, Fearow, Pidgeot, Muk, Arbok, Rhydon line hasnt been revelead yet
Butterfree
Pidgeot
Fearow
Arbok
Sandslash
Ninetales
Wigglytuff (leaked, but no official reveal yet)
Golbat
Venomoth
Dugtrio
Persian (Meowth revealed)
Golduck
Primeape
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Machamp
Tentacruel
Golem
Rapidash
Slowbro
Magneton
Farfetch’d
Dewgong
Muk
Cloyster
Gengar
Kingler
Electrode
Exeggutor
Lickitung
Weezing
Rhydon
Khangaskhan
Seadra
Seaking
Mr Mime
Scyther
Gyarados
Lapras
Eevee Family, besides Vaporeon
Porygon

Feel free to correct as needed since this was a low effort attempt.

F4nt45m

Dialga V-Star is a good deck guys
These cards would be much better if their attack cost was colorless, then you could run both of them without 2 kinds of energy. Side Note: Both are extremely mid. 50 damage for 1 energy and 160 damage for 3? even on a single prize basic kind of mid.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
People talking about cubing with this set, how do you handle energies in your cube? cause both of these, as well as pinsir, seem really hard to splash, and not versatile enough to build around. I'm here for a variety of power levels, but this is very weak stuff even by my standards

bwyattvirtue13

Aspiring Trainer
These cards seem to be so weak. Like even the ex's don't seem that great. Blastoise and Charizard could be good with the right support but really these cards just seem sub par to me. Also why are we just getting 2-3 revealed at at time? Like just reveal them already.

Last edited:

Vomer

Aspiring Trainer
At this point it feels like they want this set to just be its own format.
I'm hoping to actually use this set to build a cube. I have plenty of friends who knows how to play, but stopped after WotC lost the license (ironically, we all played up until what most consider the best format existed). Glad to see this set looks fun so far!