Elaborate explanation on how to connect Redshark, using hamachi

Xario1

[NBWC]
Most people who use Hamachi and Redshark together often don't know what to do as far as connect, when they are new to Red shark and Hamchi. For the basics, go to Water Pokemon Mater's thread: Stuck behind a router? Can't connect to others?
But for those of you that already read WPM's thread and still don't know how to connect, below are the elaborate details on how to connect Redshark, using Hamachi, so you can Pokemon card battle.
Side note: I made this thread for those who read WPM's thread, and still don't know what to do. I was in that same situation, when i started using Redshark...

How to add a network on hamachi:
To connect to a network, made by a user from pokebeach, look in the redshark part of the forums. Then on Hamachi, when Hamachi is on, there should be a circle at the bottom-right corner with a triangle in it. When you click on it, choose "join an existing network", then copy the network name from the forums, and paste it into the box that is under "network name". If the network requires a password, copy the password from the forums, and paste it into the box, on hamachi, that is under "Network password".
If you did everything correctly, and the network isn't full yet, you should now be added to that network.

How to start a card battle on Redshark, using Hamachi:
In order to connect on Redshark, using Hamachi, you and your opponent first need to decide who will be the host, and who will be the guest.
In order to do this, you can use the "chat" feature, on Hamachi. To do so, right-click on your opponents Hamachi username, and choose "chat".
Next, decide who will be the host, and who will be the guest. Both players need to go to their Redshark program, click "Game" on the menu bar, and select "new game". The host will choose the option of "HOST", and the guest will choose the option of "guest", and each player will also choose their deck, under the option that they chose.
Now, before the guest presses "start", he/she needs to go to "preferences", under "Game". There will be a box, in which to put the host's IP.
The IP of a person's Hamachi is to the left of their Hamachi username, and for the person using their Hamachi, it is above their username, near the top of the program.
After the IP is in the textbox, press "ok".
At this point, both players should be ready to play.

Feel free to move this thread to the "improtant threads", for future references. But if not, I would seggust that Water Pokemon Master elaborate the instructions on connecting, in his thread: Stuck behind a router? Can't connect to others?
And let me know of any mistakes that i made in this post, so i can correct them. Thank you

Back