• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Egg Lock (Exeggutor PLF / Slurpuff PHF)

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Pokemon: (16)

• x4 Exeggutor PLF
    x3 Exeggcute PLF
    x2 Swirlix PHF
    x2 Slurpuff PHF
    x2 Genesect EX
    x1 Dragalge FLF
    x1 Skrelp FLF
    x1 Mr. Mime PLF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (35)

• x4 Professor Juniper
    x1 Lysandre's Trump Card

x1 G Booster
    x2 VS Seeker
    x3 Random Receiver
    x2 Battle Compressor
    x4 Crushing Hammer
    x2 Roller Skates
    x1 Head Ringer
    x2 Enhanced Hammer
    x4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    x1 Muscle Band
    x2 Silver Bangle
    x3 Ultra Ball

x3 Virbank City Gym
Energy: (9)

• x4 Plasma Energy
    x5 Grass Energy

Strategy:
Lock the opponent from using supporters and disrupting them even more with hammer. LaserBank is for extra damage as Blockade only does 10. I have Mr. Mime to prevent my benched eggs from getting OHKO'd by a Hammer Head. I use Plasma Energy so I can bring up my opponent's heavy retreat cost Pokemon to slow them down even more. Dragalge is so they can't retreat when Poisoned, locking that Pokemon into the active spot.

Any help is appreciated! :)

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
RE: Egg Lock (Exeggutor PLF / Leafeon PLF)

Leafeon doesn't seem like the greatest choice here because you already have Exeggutor as a Grass attacker. You could even use GenesectEX for the instance where you need to take type advantage.

google did use Electrode in his deck. It helps.

Replace the VirizionEX with 1 more GenesectEX, because having a Prized GenesectEX means the end of the world. Besides, VirizionEX really doesn't help as much as you think, since you only need 1 Energy in order to use Blockade. I don't think VirizionEX was used in the version google played, either.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member

I will look into playing another Genesect but it seemed like google didn't use Electrode much. Leafeon can do a lot of more damage. I like to use it as a finisher against the big Primals and Megas.

I watched a match on the stream with him and he does use Virizion EX. The Virizion isn't used for Emerald slash. It is used for its ability.

I was also thinking G Booster as a replacement of dowsing machine because that could be my late game finisher to get the last two prizes.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member

Viable enough for States? I believe this is a very strong lock deck that can have some success. Thoughts on the list?

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer

Why not try slurpuff instead of electrode. It lets you always draw cards unlike electrode, if you have a full hand.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member

Get rid of Leafeon for it? I think that's a good idea. I'll just use Genesect for big damage type advantage

Thanks

Thoughts on Town Map? If Trump Card is prized then what should I do?

Xezool

Aspiring Trainer
In this list it says you put 4 exeggutor and 3 exeggutor im assuming one of those should be exeggcute?

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Xezool said:
In this list it says you put 4 exeggutor and 3 exeggutor im assuming one of those should be exeggcute?

Haha, whoops. Thanks for catching that. fixed

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
I've found this to have good match ups across the board. Am I missing a deck that this deck doesn't work well against or does this deck have good match ups all around?

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer
Its match up against Vir/ Gen is probably a liitl weak. Seismitoad/ Slurpuff decks could also be a weak match up because of the fact that they can item lock you maybe before you get set up, as well as draw alot of cards with slurpuff once it gets set up.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Ironman131 said:
Its match up against Vir/ Gen is probably a liitl weak. Seismitoad/ Slurpuff decks could also be a weak match up because of the fact that they can item lock you maybe before you get set up, as well as draw alot of cards with slurpuff once it gets set up.

My plan against SlurToad is to use my item draw/ a lot of other things like Head Ringer to slow down the Toad so I can get my Silver Bangle out and hit toad for 80 per hit.

Vir/Gen is a hard match up but not un winnable. I can slow them down using Blockade while charging up my own Genesect EX with a G Booster. They won't be able to play Skyla to get the G Booster until I stop using Blockade. Head Ringers also help to slow them down early game.